How far do you go?

ihopfar

Trying to plan our three days in Bermuda -- as everyone says, there is A LOT to see.

My original plan, like a lot of people mention, is not to go very far from the Dockyard on our last day. That way there is no chance of missing the ship.

However, with all there is to see away from the Dockyard, we might save a couple of things farther from the port for the last day.

So, how far are folks comfortable going on their last morning?

We would never dream of going all the way to St. George, but I am curious for people to share their "limits".

• Southshore Beaches?
  • Hamilton?
  • Caves?

Thanks,

Brad

We've been all the way to Tobacco Bay.

Don't be afraid to go all over the island especially when you are there 3 days. We plan our busy days for the 1st and 2nd day there. The 3rd day is when we plan an excursion through the ship.

From the dockyard, take the ferry into St. George and have some fun.

We've been all the way to Tobacco Bay.

Don't be afraid to go all over the island especially when you are there 3 days. We plan our busy days for the 1st and 2nd day there. The 3rd day is when we plan an excursion through the ship.

From the dockyard, take the ferry into St. George and have some fun.

Thanks Musicgirl. We are planning to go to St. George on the 1st or 2nd day --- it is the 3rd day we are trying to figure out how far is reasonable to go without tempting fate. :D

Thanks Musicgirl. We are planning to go to St. George on the 1st or 2nd day --- it is the 3rd day we are trying to figure out how far is reasonable to go without tempting fate. :D

You didn't say what time your ship departs, but assuming it's late afternoon, say 5 or 6, you can certainly go to Horseshoe Bay or Hamilton, but be mindful of the time of day and the bus and ferry schedules. Don't rely on the latest scheduled bus or ferry that can get you back to your ship on time. Buses and ferries can be crowded and not able to take as many passengers as want to use them...or there can be cancellations due to mechanical breakdowns, bad weather, etc. If you start your return trip in early afternoon you should be fine.

PS: Just noticed you're on the Breakaway. I believe your scheduled departure is 5 pm...which should mean an "all aboard" time of 4:30 (but don't take my word...the ship will let you know). There's no reason why you can't go to Hamilton or Horseshoe Bay just keeping an eye on the clock.

I agree with NJHorseman.

Personally, I would not head as far as Tobacco Bay, just too many things that could delay you getting back in time. A number of years ago, the weather turned bad and ferries were not running. We were at the bus stop at Horseshoe Bay waiting to go to Dockyard. With no ferries, the buses were loaded and many went by without stopping because they were full. There were many who needed to get back to their ship that was leaving and they were worried about making it in time. People were even trash talking and pushing to get on any bus that stopped.

Fortunately for us, we were not leaving that day so we crossed the street, got a bus and headed to St. George. A tornado had actually touched down.:eek: By the time we got to St. George, the sun was shining like nothing had happened.:)

oops! I read too fast!!

We're planning on going to Horseshoe Bay on our last day. Our ship leaves at 6pm, so we're planning on leaving the beach at 2-:20p, so we can be back by 3-3:30p. We don't like to cut it close...

Archived