i'm back

lougee1043

havent been here for over a year-----since my march 04 odam cruise-----but now we are thinking about another carib cruise for the 1st quarter 06 out of ft laud so i though i would try to get my membership renewed

but i have to know---------have i been missed and does anyone remember me

after the odam cruise in march 05 --randy -who i met on this board and we sailed together on the odam decided to try celeb out of galv on a 12 niter doing a partial panama canal so we sailed together on that one-----------so once we decided on that cruise i moved to the celeb board------------now that trip is history and we are once again thinking of hal for a spring 06 carib out of ft laud on the v'dam--then about 2 years ago we went with some friends on a sea of cortes cruise and we are attempting to put a mex cruise to cabo---maz ---puerto v and for dec 06 on the oosterdam-----------------there is your update in one run on sentence

Hi Lougee

I remember you from the Celebrity board. We sailed the Century last January and now we're going to try the Volendam on a 10 day cruise January 12/06.

Toni :D

Yes I recall over a year ago you were considering a visit to Santa Fe or Sedona.SFJ

we made that trip last sept ---went to albq--taos and our favorite santa fe--we were there during the "burning man"????? festival

Will you be giving us a comparison of X vs HAL? Since you're considering a return to HAL, X must not have totally converted you.SFJ

we did 12 nites out of galv on the galaxy doing a partial panama canal cruise--overall i really did like the ship--- thought service was excellent--kind of what hal was like a few years back------------after 12 nites the salads and soups and appetizers get kind of repetitive----------our friends were in a royal suite and thats llike a one bedroom apt- compared to a hal s suite which is llike a studio apt------------we had a butler--but in retrospect i would have taken a ship credit instead----------------all in all it was a good cruise- would sail with them again except that they have cut out all on line ta discounts-- cant save a buck off retail regardless of who you buy your tix from---tendering back to the ship was a problem in the caymans -had to wait on line in the sun for over an hour-----------cant put my finger on it but something draws me back to hal---even reconsidering the oosterdam even though i didnt like the ship nearly as much as the zaandam or maasdam

Welcome Back to the HAL board Lou, I see you are going to Maui in 106 days. We were just in Maui in May for a week. We stayed in Wailea at the Grand Wailea so if you have any questions I might be able to help you about that. We use to go to Hawaii frquently till we got hooked on cruising. Although I know the Big Island the best but I am famiiar with Maui. October is one of my favorite months to go to Hawaii, it is definitely not peak season yet the weather is great.

we made that trip last sept ---went to albq--taos and our favorite santa fe--we were there during the "burning man"????? festival

Yes, Fiesta is in September. A big event is the burning of Zozobra -- Old Man Doom and Gloom. A 40 effigy is burned in a big production. Fun, but once is enough.

Glad you liked it here.

SFJ

Archived