St George or Hamilton

saleaaway

Not sure which Is the best place to go on our first day. Can anyone give me the pros and cons. Just have the one day to make a long trip as we have a tour on our second day. Thanks in advance

St. George's is a quaint, historic town and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Hamilton is the bustling, modern business and government center of Bermuda (OK...it's bustling compared to St. George's but it's not NY or London by any stretch of the imagination ;) )

What might interest you most based on those brief descriptions?

Where are you going on your tour? Knowing hat might help answer the question.

In any event I wouldn't make either a full day excursion...both cities can be combined with other attractions such as a beach visit (or any number of other things).

Not sure which Is the best place to go on our first day. Can anyone give me the pros and cons. Just have the one day to make a long trip as we have a tour on our second day. Thanks in advance

I would take the ferry to St. George's. You'll spend an hour looking around the town. Then take the 15 minute walk to Tobacco Bay. Maybe swim, maybe just take pictures -- but you'll want to see it.

Then take the bus to Hamilton. Explore Front Street, have lunch at the Hog Penny Pub (be sure to get the Bermuda Fish Chowder). Then take the bus to the Swizzle Inn and have a rum punch or dark 'n stormy.

Then take the bus along the south shore road back to the Dockyard -- the scenery along the south shore road is pretty. Or take the ferry back to the Dockyard if you want to get back to the ship.

I would take the ferry to St. George's. You'll spend an hour looking around the town. Then take the 15 minute walk to Tobacco Bay. Maybe swim, maybe just take pictures -- but you'll want to see it.

Then take the bus to Hamilton. Explore Front Street, have lunch at the Hog Penny Pub (be sure to get the Bermuda Fish Chowder). Then take the bus to the Swizzle Inn and have a rum punch or dark 'n stormy.

Then take the bus along the south shore road back to the Dockyard -- the scenery along the south shore road is pretty. Or take the ferry back to the Dockyard if you want to get back to the ship.

Thank you so much for this as we have a catamaran tour set up for Tuesday so its a beach day but the above sounds perfect. Kids were looking to do some shopping and lunch.. But we would like to see both and this makes it work.

Archived