Which S Caribbean would you choose

laurac22

OH WOW!! I Just had a chance to check in here and am so excited to get all these wonderful suggestions THANKS!!!! Now to make a decision. They all sound wonderful. We would love to take the 14 day Ultimate, I just don't know if we have that much time. Ten days was pushing it.

After reading through descriptions of the ships, I am leaning towards the Equinox. I like the idea of a special cabin, I'm just not sure if we would benefit enough from the AQ class or not. Were not huge spa people, and I'm not sure if a separate dining room would matter to us. What would be the next step down(so to speak) CC? Where would the best cabin location be on this ship?

Any additional advice that you feel might help with my decision would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again everyone:)

The Constellation (M Class) does a 4 day Bahama cruise and 5 day Western Caribbean. The Connie has just been remodeled and is a Great ship.

The Equinox is a very nice ship. I book Balcony mid-ship (close to elevators and stairs). I suggest that you look at Celebrity website for ship lay-outs.

I just don't know if we have that much time. Ten days was pushing it.

Thanks again everyone:)

I am so glad to here this! We have been very loyal to RCL and still will with our son. We're just looking for something new and different for this cruise.

You mentioned that 10 days was pushing it, so here's another suggestion if you can't swing the 10 day Equinox cruise.....how about 8 days visiting Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk and the Dominican Republic on the Carnival Breeze? Jan 4 or 18 out of Miami. The decor consists of Caribbean hues instead of the normal glitzy neon. The Equinox for 10 days would still be my choice if you can swing it with regards to time and money, but if you're looking for a shorter alternative that still gets you to the Southern Caribbean, I thought I would mention it. Best of luck with your choice.

Hello Laura

I think the question you should ask is do you like a lot of sea days or are you someone who likes to see as many ports as possible?

My wife and I are doing the Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Summit sailing January 4th. 5 ports in 7 days as opposed to 6 in 10 on the Equinox.

We are staying a couple of extra nights in San Juan pre-cruise to make it a 10 day trip.

But it looks like either choice is a good one.

Hello Laura

I think the question you should ask is do you like a lot of sea days or are you someone who likes to see as many ports as possible?

My wife and I are doing the Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Summit sailing January 4th. 5 ports in 7 days as opposed to 6 in 10 on the Equinox.

We are staying a couple of extra nights in San Juan pre-cruise to make it a 10 day trip.

But it looks like either choice is a good one.

Thanks, I take a look at that idea as well.

See that you are from Texas. RCCL sails the Western Caribbean from Galveston, TX. with 7 day cruises. We got our first taste of cruising sailing from Galveston. Would love to have Celebrity sail from Galveston, would save us $$$ on airfare making it possible to sail more often.

See that you are from Texas. RCCL sails the Western Caribbean from Galveston, TX. with 7 day cruises. We got our first taste of cruising sailing from Galveston. Would love to have Celebrity sail from Galveston, would save us $$$ on airfare making it possible to sail more often.

Can you please explain how your post lamenting the fact that you wish to save on airfare and cruise on Celebrity out of Texas helps the OP who is inquiring about a cruise that is different from RCI and visits southern caribbean ports? :confused:

Hi

We did the 11 night Ultimate Caribbean on the Equinox last year and this year did the 7 night Southern Caribbean on the Summit.

No contest!! The Equinox. The ship was amazing, and so were all the ports of call. We enjoyed the Summit but nowhere near as much, and we didn't enjoy the ports of call as much either. They were too 'manicured'! I suppose it depends on what you want. If you want some culture/history (still plenty of beaches & watersports) then the Equinox is for you, but if it's just shopping and beaches, then the southern will be fine.

We did a Southern Caribbean on HAL for our 25th, and I LOVED the ports, especially St. Lucia, Barbados, Martinique, and Dominica which were all new to me. I would highly recommend any itinerary that includes some of these beautiful, mountainous islands.

I've cruised to the Western Caribbean a lot because that's where the ships go from my home port of Galveston, but it was wonderful to go to some different islands that had some very interesting and historic sights!

Can you please explain how your post lamenting the fact that you wish to save on airfare and cruise on Celebrity out of Texas helps the OP who is inquiring about a cruise that is different from RCI and visits southern caribbean ports? :confused:

Excuse me :) I do not understand your post. I know the OP was inquiring about the Southern Caribbean. The OP did mention that they had sailed with Royal Caribbean. My post was Just a suggestion due to the fact that they have stated that they did not know if they could sail the longer cruises :)

Celebrity does not sail from Galveston. The Celebrity Galaxy did sail from Galveston in 2005 :)

Excuse me :) I do not understand your post. I know the OP was inquiring about the Southern Caribbean. The OP did mention that they had sailed with Royal Caribbean. My post was Just a suggestion due to the fact that they have stated that they did not know if they could sail the longer cruises :)

Celebrity does not sail from Galveston. The Celebrity Galaxy did sail from Galveston in 2005 :)

As you confirmed, the OP was inquiring about the Southern Caribbean and about sailing on something different. Your post suggested sailing on a RCI ship and cruising to the Western Caribbean, which was not what the OP was looking for. Your suggestion about a 7 day on RCI going West did help with the fact that maybe 10 days was too long, but it was a polar opposite suggestion since they were looking for something different from RCI and specifically inquired about Southern Caribbean sailings.

The last line of your reply back to me once again confirms your first post about the fact that Celebrity does not sail from Galveston and you're lamenting the fact that the Galaxy used to and now Celebrity does not. You basically have four choices out of Galveston so you can save money on airfare. RCI's Navigator of the Seas, Disney's Wonder, or Carnival's Triumph or Magic. If you need to sail out of Galveston, either pick one of those four ships or wait with baited breath until X decides to come back into the marketplace.

You mentioned that 10 days was pushing it, so here's another suggestion if you can't swing the 10 day Equinox cruise.....how about 8 days visiting Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk and the Dominican Republic on the Carnival Breeze? Jan 4 or 18 out of Miami. The decor consists of Caribbean hues instead of the normal glitzy neon. The Equinox for 10 days would still be my choice if you can swing it with regards to time and money, but if you're looking for a shorter alternative that still gets you to the Southern Caribbean, I thought I would mention it. Best of luck with your choice.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Yes, We have sailed out of Galveston before on the Western track. We are defiantly looking for something different for our Anniversary. We just sailed the Oasis in April with our son. We have never sailed without him and are looking forward to a more relaxed cruise with Ports we have not been to.

Thanks though:)

We did a Southern Caribbean on HAL for our 25th, and I LOVED the ports, especially St. Lucia, Barbados, Martinique, and Dominica which were all new to me. I would highly recommend any itinerary that includes some of these beautiful, mountainous islands.

I've cruised to the Western Caribbean a lot because that's where the ships go from my home port of Galveston, but it was wonderful to go to some different islands that had some very interesting and historic sights!

Thats exactly what we're looking for.

Thanks so much for the suggestions!

Thank you everyone for all the suggestion and ideas!!

I think we have decided to book the 10 day Equinox S Caribbean for Jan 10TH. I have a courtesy hold on an aqua cabin #1603. Just waiting for the travel agent to call back to confirm. I am really excited about this cruise!

Thanks again for all your help! I'm sure I will have plenty more questions as time goes by:)

Thanks so much for the suggestions!

You're quite welcome, but you already thanked me on post #36, so there was no reason to thank me again on post #39. ;)

I realize that your head is spinning with all of the suggestions and I truly hope that you find the exact cruise that will meet the expectations that you and your DH have. EDIT....just saw that you posted about your choice. Seems to be a great one based upon all of the glowing reviews. I hope you enjoy your first S Class trip in January as much as I know we'll enjoy be enjoying ours in March.

Archived