Villa Borghese

calvin81

I am trying to phone the Borghese gallery to make reservations as explained on this thread. I am finding it difficult as I am told to press 2 for English and then nothing happens. I'm left holding. I don't want to end up with a high telephone bill. Is this normal?

Why can't we reserve online? I'm calling from Canada.

I am trying to phone the Borghese gallery to make reservations as explained on this thread. I am finding it difficult as I am told to press 2 for English and then nothing happens. I'm left holding. I don't want to end up with a high telephone bill. Is this normal?

Why can't we reserve online? I'm calling from Canada.

The museum, like most in Rome, is closed on Mondays.

You can reserve online if you just want a regular reservation. But it is a special case if you want to use the Roma Pass, so you have to call.

The museum, like most in Rome, is closed on Mondays.

You can reserve online if you just want a regular reservation. But it is a special case if you want to use the Roma Pass, so you have to call.

Oh yes....I totally forgot about Mondays. Oops. I'll try tomorrow.

I second all the enthusiasm about villa Borghese. And don,t forget the ceiling...

I used the Roma pass, also am Canadian, and was a bit nervous about calling but it all worked out fine. We were in ROME for a few days so were able to spend several hours there. So glad we didn't miss this - so life like sculptures

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Also, forgot to add, even though you have a reserved time, don't expect to walk right in. We got there about five minutes before our time and waited at least half an hour before we got inside.

No matter, it was so worth it. One of my favorite places to see in Rome.

I could be wrong but I didn't think the Roma pass works for the Borghese Museum. It's been several years, but we had to purchase separate tickets even with the pass.

Sorry, but you are wrong. See the link in Cruisemom's post #21 of this thread. You do pay a small reservation fee even when using the Roma pass; also, remember that only your first two stops are free with the Roma pass, perhaps you'd been to other places before and used up your free ones?

I could be wrong but I didn't think the Roma pass works for the Borghese Museum. It's been several years, but we had to purchase separate tickets even with the pass.

No, you can use the Pass. That's why I had to phone otherwise i just would have booked online and paid entrance fee.

I did phone with no problems. I reserved my time for 11:00 am. Now I will see what the phone call will cost me. Hopefully not too much.

Archived