Early Saver Price Drop?

Jana60

Hey everyone who booked earlysaver. There has been a small price reduction today. Check it out! Also luckilly it is the earlysaver rate with the 50% deposit and the OBC so they won't take that away from you when you take advantage of the price increase.

Its so confusing to try to figure out if indeed a price drop IS a price drop. I thought I had a price decrease the other day until I found out that to get the $25 decrease in price I would have to lose my $25 of OBC and would require me to pay another $200 deposit. I've also noticed that if the port charges go up they make you pay the higher port charges in order to take advantage of the price drop. Also if the price drops and the room you are booked in is no longer available you don't get the price drop even if early savors with higher categories of rooms get a price drop.

What is best way to find a "price drop"? Is it to try to book a whole "new" trip? I'm on Pride in August in a 4K.. there are about 8 rooms left and price hasn't changed. Will this type of room go down?

Thanks

I don't use fareviewer....I use a mock booking. I go thru like I'm booking a cruise and see what it shows for total and then use that. Only reason I do I that was is because port charges are added and I can see the total pricing w/port charges. Then I submit my form with total pricing and date I found it on early saver form.

I don't use fareviewer....I use a mock booking. I go thru like I'm booking a cruise and see what it shows for total and then use that. Only reason I do I that was is because port charges are added and I can see the total pricing w/port charges. Then I submit my form with total pricing and date I found it on early saver form.

Port charges are embedded in the cruisefare.. the add on fees and taxes (which are not port charges) are not price protected. If they are less when you cruise you get OBC on your S&S account.

You need to find out how much only the cruisefare is total .. not including the add on taxes and fees. If add on taxes and fees went up then they do subtract that when they refare.

Port charges are embedded in the cruisefare.. the add on fees and taxes (which are not port charges) are not price protected. If they are less when you cruise you get OBC on your S&S account.

You need to find out how much only the cruisefare is total .. not including the add on taxes and fees. If add on taxes and fees went up then they do subtract that when they refare.

Actually that's not completely true in our case. Fareviewer is different then mock booking in our case due to our upgrade of deck and category...if I use that I'd be wrong in my pricing.

We booked midship, empress deck balcony. If I use fareviewer it's 130.00 less because it is NOT taking into account the "midship" upgrade and the "empress deck" upgrade (and I believe the cove balcony is cheaper too which we don't have). It's pricing at the minimum category for a balcony cabin.

When I look at a "mock booking" I get same pricing as I booked a week or so ago. When I look at the "Farefiewer" it's pricing 130.00 less because it does not account for the move from normal balcony to midship,empress balcony (And a cove balcony is also cheaper so going to regular balcony adds more to my pricing). They charge for those upgrade changes even though I'm still in a balcony cabin.

Just an FYI and that's why I always use the mock booking and compare that way. I know port charges change but I also know the fareviewer is definitely not accurate for our balcony we have. I think fareviewer only prices at the lowest category balcony period...and not if you move to midship and up a level.

BTW: I've never had my port charges or taxes change at all. Normally it's the pricing on the cabin only that changes. Our upcoming cruise we have 570.00 in OBC due to this. And booking ES I don't get an OBC until final payment is due and the one I'm looking at is the Breeze I have booked in 2014 and I'd get a drop in final payment due if I got a price drop...not an OBC (until final payment date which isn't til April 2014 then I get an OBC).

So I said it wrong above in my previous post. I check mock booking only because we have a higher category balcony (fareviewer only gives the minimum balcony category (is that an 8A?) and it's wrong for us because we are in an 8C) and I ONLY compare the cruise price (disregard the port charges)...and then file my ES form using that pricing (I do not compare port charges).

Actually that's not completely true in our case. Fareviewer is different then mock booking in our case due to our upgrade of deck and category...if I use that I'd be wrong in my pricing.

We booked midship, empress deck balcony. If I use fareviewer it's 130.00 less because it is NOT taking into account the "midship" upgrade and the "empress deck" upgrade (and I believe the cove balcony is cheaper too which we don't have). It's pricing at the minimum category for a balcony cabin.

When I look at a "mock booking" I get same pricing as I booked a week or so ago. When I look at the "Farefiewer" it's pricing 130.00 less because it does not account for the move from normal balcony to midship,empress balcony (And a cove balcony is also cheaper so going to regular balcony adds more to my pricing). They charge for those upgrade changes even though I'm still in a balcony cabin.

Just an FYI and that's why I always use the mock booking and compare that way. I know port charges change but I also know the fareviewer is definitely not accurate for our balcony we have. I think fareviewer only prices at the lowest category balcony period...and not if you move to midship and up a level.

BTW: I've never had my port charges or taxes change at all. Normally it's the pricing on the cabin only that changes. Our upcoming cruise we have 570.00 in OBC due to this. And booking ES I don't get an OBC until final payment is due and the one I'm looking at is the Breeze I have booked in 2014 and I'd get a drop in final payment due if I got a price drop...not an OBC (until final payment date which isn't til April 2014 then I get an OBC).

So I said it wrong above in my previous post. I check mock booking only because we have a higher category balcony (fareviewer only gives the minimum balcony category (is that an 8A?) and it's wrong for us because we are in an 8C) and I ONLY compare the cruise price (disregard the port charges)...and then file my ES form using that pricing (I do not compare port charges).

When you use Fareviewer, you have to click "continue" (ie. ES, PG, etc.) to see the final rate for whichever category you book. That would then include midship cost, etc. Try it that way, and it's much easier than doing a mock booking.

When you use Fareviewer, you have to click "continue" (ie. ES, PG, etc.) to see the final rate for whichever category you book. That would then include midship cost, etc. Try it that way, and it's much easier than doing a mock booking.

You are SO correct !!!!

Ah thanks dummy me did not know that!!! Much quicker

I tried this for the first time just now. The page shows the chart with the category fares (cruise only). Is that as far as you can go? There doesn't appear to be any "continue" button. I did a mock booking from the main page instead.

Ah thanks dummy me did not know that!!! Much quicker

I didn't realize it at first so you're not really a dummy. Eventually clicked on "continue" and voila, all the categories listed.

I tried this for the first time just now. The page shows the chart with the category fares (cruise only). Is that as far as you can go? There doesn't appear to be any "continue" button. I did a mock booking from the main page instead.

Isn't that as far as you need to go? It shows the total price (w/o taxes) which is what you need to compare to. Didn't you come out with the same fare as the mock booking?

We are on the dream july 27 and we got $50 price drop. Enough for a couple DOD's :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hey Ready 2 Go - are you joined Roll Call????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived