Embarkation day question

calvin81

I apologize in advance as I know this question has been asked before, but I wanted some clarification. Our cruise documents say embarkation begins at 1:00, we depart at 6:00. We plan to leave Rome late morning, and may arrive before 1:00. Do we just not have access to our cabin? I assume they will take your luggage, but we could keep a tote bag? Will there be a long line if we arrive "early"? We are not in a cabin class with priority boarding --a B1. I understand there is a buffet lunch; when will this start? We have spent several days in Rome on an earlier land trip, and will arrive the day before, so will have already spent that afternoon in the city. Unless someone has a great idea of some hidden gem of a sight we should see in the morning I am guessing I will be eager to get onboard and explore Riviera. Although I am certainly open to suggestions :).

Usually at most ports they will take your bags after 10 am ..they want the disembarking passenger to get theirs out of the way first ;)

Some ports they may allow you to board a bit earlier but if they say 1pm then they are not usually going to let you on too much earlier

Long lines depends on how many other decide to show up early & have to wait

The buffet usually starts around noon to 4pm

You probably will not have access to your cabin until 3pm usually

Once onboard you are free to explore the public areas

I am sure others that have embarked in Civitavecchia will comment on their experience there

We took the Oceania Shuttle from Rome to the port. It was also a short tour of the highlights of Rome. A long drive to the pier and a long wait to boaard. We have been on 6 Oceania cruises and there have been boarding delays on all of them. We did not have priority boarding on any of them.

We boarded the ship at Civitavecchia both times before noon. O took the luggage but we did not have access to our cabin until 2 or 3 pm. We kept a tote with us and had some lunch on the Terrace. If warm you can go to the pool or take a walk back to town and get some wine for drinking on the ship.

Usually at most ports they will take your bags after 10 am ..they want the disembarking passenger to get theirs out of the way first ;)

Some ports they may allow you to board a bit earlier but if they say 1pm then they are not usually going to let you on too much earlier

Long lines depends on how many other decide to show up early & have to wait

The buffet usually starts around noon to 4pm

You probably will not have access to your cabin until 3pm usually

Once onboard you are free to explore the public areas

Our Nautica cruise is setting sail at 5 PM from Southampton with early boarding starting at 11 AM. We would like to board early as last cruise on the Nautica (our first O cruise) our first day was way too hectic. This time we'd like to ease into it a bit more casually. Our hopes are to board early, reacquaint ourselves with the ship, enjoy the buffet, hit the gym and, of course, unpack before the life boat drill.

By what I'm reading here it sounds as if we may not get into our P1 suite until mid-afternoon. Could someone hazard a guess as to what time we might be able to get access to our suite?

Thnaks

By what I'm reading here it sounds as if we may not get into our P1 suite until mid-afternoon. Could someone hazard a guess as to what time we might be able to get access to our suite?

Thnaks

Suites do get into their cabins earlier

It may depend on how fast the crew can clean

but I think on previous cruises I have heard PH get access around 1pm maybe sooner

We are in the lower cat so never worry about getting in earlier

we usually do not arrive at the port before 2pm to avoid the lines & "the hurry up & wait" scene

Our Nautica cruise is setting sail at 5 PM from Southampton with early boarding starting at 11 AM. We would like to board early as last cruise on the Nautica (our first O cruise) our first day was way too hectic. This time we'd like to ease into it a bit more casually. Our hopes are to board early, reacquaint ourselves with the ship, enjoy the buffet, hit the gym and, of course, unpack before the life boat drill.

Thnaks

2 to 3 pm..

Jancruz1

• 2 weeks later...
I apologize in advance as I know this question has been asked before, but I wanted some clarification. Our cruise documents say embarkation begins at 1:00, we depart at 6:00. We plan to leave Rome late morning, and may arrive before 1:00. Do we just not have access to our cabin? I assume they will take your luggage, but we could keep a tote bag? Will there be a long line if we arrive "early"? We are not in a cabin class with priority boarding --a B1. I understand there is a buffet lunch; when will this start? We have spent several days in Rome on an earlier land trip, and will arrive the day before, so will have already spent that afternoon in the city. Unless someone has a great idea of some hidden gem of a sight we should see in the morning I am guessing I will be eager to get onboard and explore Riviera. Although I am certainly open to suggestions :).

I am taking the July 5 sailing on the Marina and I am taking a tour of Copenhagen with passengers disembarking from the June 25 sailing. The tour begins at 10:00 a.m. and I wonder if I can drop off my luggage prior to 10:00 a.m. without going to my cabin. What do people who fly in to port the day that they do with their luggage until they can board the ship? I posed this question to my travel agent and I have not received a response yet.

Bonnie

I am taking the July 5 sailing on the Marina and I am taking a tour of Copenhagen with passengers disembarking from the June 25 sailing. The tour begins at 10:00 a.m. and I wonder if I can drop off my luggage prior to 10:00 a.m. without going to my cabin. What do people who fly in to port the day that they do with their luggage until they can board the ship? I posed this question to my travel agent and I have not received a response yet.

Bonnie

I believe they have lockers at the airport & the train station but you would have to return there after the tour to retrieve them

I did see people handing over their luggage at the Freeport terminal when we disembarked but not sure what you would do with carry-on/valuables

Suites do get into their cabins earlier

It may depend on how fast the crew can clean

but I think on previous cruises I have heard PH get access around 1pm maybe sooner

We are in the lower cat so never worry about getting in earlier

we usually do not arrive at the port before 2pm to avoid the lines & "the hurry up & wait" scene

Thanks for the great advice. I am booked for the 2014 Lisbon/Rio westbound TA. That will be my first O cruise experience.

Sent from my Samsung Note II on the T-Mobile LTE 4G network using Tapatalk Beta 4

Bonnie

If you are taking the tour with disembarking passengers, they, too, will have luggage with which to contend. Based on prior experience, the tour will likely be in a bus with luggage space under. In most cases, these buses drop off the disembarking passengers at the airport. If the bus is then taking you back to the port, just make sure your luggage is not dropped off at the airport.

Archived