D1and D2 cabins on Adventure

At the moment all balcony cabins on our sailing are priced the same. I know E1 is smaller but cannot see what difference between D1 and D2 I have reserved a D2 midship but travel agent has told me D1 is actually larger and classed as a Family stateroom. Is this right and since many are still available should I change? Thanks in advance

At the moment all balcony cabins on our sailing are priced the same. I know E1 is smaller but cannot see what difference between D1 and D2 I have reserved a D2 midship but travel agent has told me D1 is actually larger and classed as a Family stateroom. Is this right and since many are still available should I change? Thanks in advance

D1 is not larger. Get a new Travel Agent.

For the most part, (and certainly on the Adventure), a D2 will only hold two passengers, but a D1 has a sofabed for one or two more passengers.

The ONLY exception on the Adventure is corner aft 1688 & 1388. Those two cabins are much larger than any other D1 and the balcony is huge. They are PRIMO cabins. Grab one if you can.

• 1 year later...

Then what about D3, what type is it? Mainly interested in Adventure since we booked a guarantee balcony and got a D3. number 6680, last side balcony before aft cabins.

It's perfectly okay for us especially because of the price, I was just wondering since I have never paid any attention to the letters D&E etc before.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Then what about D3, what type is it? Mainly interested in Adventure since we booked a guarantee balcony and got a D3. number 6680, last side balcony before aft cabins.

It's perfectly okay for us especially because of the price, I was just wondering since I have never paid any attention to the letters D&E etc before.

The D3 will be the same size inside as the D1 and D2 staterooms. The balcony will also be the same size as other side-facing D staterooms. Only aft staterooms would have a larger balcony.

It they are similar, why the different letter? Just wondering about RCI logic...there are a lot of cabin types based on the letters...

There is a difference in size between an "E" and "D" type stateroom, with the "D" being slightly larger.

With regard to the difference in numeric suffix, the "1" usually holds more guests and has a perceived better location. Perceived better location is the difference between the "2" vs "3" suffix.

Edited by clarea

Can we assume that it is the same grading for ALL RCI ships? WE are planning a trip on Freedom next year. Me and my wife will be in one room, then our Daughter, son and two young granddaughters in another.

There are differences ship to ship, so you would have to ask about specific ships. For example, on Oasis/Allure, the D1 balcony size is larger than on the D2-D7 staterooms.