Have you taken a Mediterranean cruise in June?

msmeltz

Getting ready to take a cruise on the Riviera and having packing concerns.

Are the women wearing white pants for evening in JUne? what about for touring during the day?

And how about white pants for men?

Are capris being worn at night?

Coming from Florida white is already being worn, but I don't know about in Europe.

Yes to all your questions. Capris can be worn in the evenings at the Terrace buffet but I can't remember seeing them in the specialty restaurants. Pack a light raincoat & something for the cooler evenings. You can get a good idea about the temps by going online a day or two before you leave...June is usually nice and warm. We did Barc-Venice in mid May & it was HOT!

I have been looking in the weekend paper's travel section regarding temperature's abroad and it has been chillier than in past years. There is a site called wunderground.com I believe where you can get history of several year's weather in any city. So I would also advise looking at the forecast a couple days before before leaving. I'm thinking we will need more layers for our June cruise.

For sure...nothing more chic than all in white with a colorful scarf/pashmina!

Unless the pashmina in question has been snitched from the divan in one's cabin :eek:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRo-Jhj1WMb4NX731ZrApFFODfRRxlD_BmMBpb41X1rpZoxlMIC if you must do it, at least spring for a brooch!

100337110.336.255.jpg

Unless the pashmina in question has been snitched from the divan in one's cabin :eek:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRo-Jhj1WMb4NX731ZrApFFODfRRxlD_BmMBpb41X1rpZoxlMIC if you must do it, at least spring for a brooch!

100337110.336.255.jpg

Pashminas are offered in Concierge and up...those poor other gals with have to wear the scarf she picked up at the Galeries Lafayette or the shawl from the souk in Istanbul!

Agree, black for evenings look much smarter! ;)

The black pants are becoming so ho hum like a 'cruise uniform'. Although I always pack a pair, I find, especially for warm weather cruising , my well tailored, white, chamois silk pant, a nice change. I always received compliments when wearing them....go figure. Fit & style is key...starting to sound like an edition of Vogue!

The weather has been cooler than usual... I was just in Poland and they joked that they were praying for snow for the holiday. Forgot to specify which one and got it for Easter.

Madrid was only warm in te afternoon.

You will never regret bringing layers.

Archived