Question for Long Time Cruisers

I don't cruise for the ports, they are secondary for me. In fact, I prefer more sea days. I cruise to get away, be disconnected for a while. I don't buy Internet while cruising either. I will say we found a wifi spot in Nassau on our last cruise so I could check email - and delete dome of the junk mail.

I say cruise to relax.

Hop on a plane to catch your next cruise in a different region of the world. The possibilities go well beyond Señor Frog's in Nassau! :)

Just because we've been there before doesn't mean we aren't looking forward to returning! :)
Personally, it takes me maybe 3 or 4 return visits to a port

before I start to get fed-up with it.

Having been there before means I pretty well know where/not to go

and what I'd like to do again.

I don't have a need for constant novelty.

You take a break. When you hear "Nassau" and you think of the worst part of the Straw Market, it's time to take a break. I love cruising. I have a job and kids but through a fortuitous chain of events I cruised four times to four destinations on four lines between 9/2011 and 7/2012. On the last trip I was just jaded, like "Hmm. I guess I'll have Caesar Salad. AGAIN.:rolleyes:" Scheduling things at work became insane and the "joy of cruising" became the same old, same old. I was like 007 moving through the ship- I could get from my cabin to a secluded aft lounger without noticing anything or making eye contact in about 30 seconds. That was not the definition of enjoyment.

So I had to go to Panama City to visit a relative and it was nice to take a land vacay, and since then I haven't traveled 30 miles from my house. This next cruise will seem like a huge deal :)- and if it doesn't, I'm taking a longer break.

Archived