Smoothie Question

mompolo

We are going on the Summit in Oct and we're going to have the premium beverage package. I'm interested in possibly having a healthy, low calories smoothie for breakfast (which is normally when I really over eat on a cruise) and wondered if they have options that are considered healthy and low calorie?? Also - where do you get the smoothies at??

Thanks!!

You can get the smoothies in the Aqua Cafe and Dh loves them.

I can't remember if they are calorie counted, but all the food in the Aqua Cafe is a reasonably healthy option.

Aqua Spa Cafe is definitely your best bet - but it can take a bit of time if they are busy. In general smoothies are often HIGH calorie and tend to have tons of sugar, so while they are often tasty, not sure if I would utilize them as a diet food. It does make a big difference what ingredients are used, so hopefully there are some lower calorie options available - but eating fresh fruit rather than fruit juice or smoothies is almost always healthier and much less calories.

I use to get smoothies at the Elite breakfast. They were too sweet to my taste and no one could really tell me how they were made. There were contradictory answers from the staff. Some said they had honey, others said they had sweeteners. Similar contradictions in relation to other ingredients. For example one waiter told me they had yoghurt, the other said it was milk.

If you are looking for healthier options order German dark bread. Also Soy Milk is an option.

We are going on the Summit in Oct and we're going to have the premium beverage package. I'm interested in possibly having a healthy, low calories smoothie for breakfast (which is normally when I really over eat on a cruise) and wondered if they have options that are considered healthy and low calorie?? Also - where do you get the smoothies at??

Thanks!!

If you are cruising on Aqua, Concierge or a Suite, you can order smoothies with your room service breakfast!!:):)

If you are cruising on Aqua, Concierge or a Suite, you can order smoothies with your room service breakfast!!:):)

Concierge and aqua for sure...there was a recent comment that someone in a suite was told they were not available to suite guests. I doubt that, but it's been reported here.

Concierge and aqua for sure...there was a recent comment that someone in a suite was told they were not available to suite guests. I doubt that, but it's been reported here.

Hope is not true!! We have a suite this summer!! The other day someone posted the room service menus for most cabin classes and there were smoothies listed for the suites.

Off the equinox a few weeks back. yes, they had smoothies at the "bar" near the entrance to the buffet. They had a few different "flavors" which were concocted from a mix that came in half-gallon (milk-like) paper containers.

AFAIK, smoothies are part of a beverage package, but you cannot have them delivered to your room as part of aforementioned package.

BUT, you can have delivered to your stateroom if you are in a suite. I have the menu in hand, and smoothies are present.

Yes, they are high in sugar, but they sure tasted good.

hope this helps

I have suggested to Celebrity that they have a scale when folks board. Depending on Body Fat calculations, their sea pass card will be marked

"no smoothies"

"no ice cream"

"one dessert"

However I say this (sort of) in jest....I think those that want a sugar high and rapid girth growth should enjoy as many smoothies as they like.

The smoothies onboard are definitely not low calorie. One of them has peanut butter and bananas in it- you can do the math there!

They weren't really to my taste anyway. When I'm making a smoothie at home I just use FF Greek yogurt, fruit, crushed ice, and a little milk. That's not going to be the case onboard.

My butler is the one that recently told us two weeks ago that they were not available to suite guests...just concierge and Aqua but after questioning it to guest relations and the butler, he finally told us after the 4th day of cruising to just write it down on the order and he would do his best to get it??? We just ended up going to Blu and getting one there since it seemed like such a hassle for our butler.

Archived