Bucket of Beer?

My finacee and I are going on our first cruise on the Independence of the Seas for our Honeymoon in February. I have been browsing this board and reading up on everything. One thing I saw mentioned was refered to as a Bag of Beer sold at the pools where you could buy a cooler with beer and get it refilled for a lesser cost. I tried searching for more info but could not find anything more recently than early 2012. Does anyone know if they still do this? And if so what are the latest details and/or costs? I am a big beer drinking, so buying in bulk may be the way to go for me.

I think that was some sort of promo a while back. They have bucket of beer. Don't know the cost, as we purchased the Premium Drink Package, so didn't pay for anything at the bar, per say. I think you pay for 5 and get 6 bottles in an ice bucket.

I think that was some sort of promo a while back. They have bucket of beer. Don't know the cost, as we purchased the Premium Drink Package, so didn't pay for anything at the bar, per say. I think you pay for 5 and get 6 bottles in an ice bucket.

Last time I got a bucket of beer the cost was the same as buying the beers, they just came in an ice bucket.

Chris

Last time I got a bucket of beer the cost was the same as buying the beers, they just came in an ice bucket.

Chris

That's very possible! Like I said, we didn't pay for them. So, they do offer buckets of beer, that's all I can tell ya! :)

My finacee and I are going on our first cruise on the Independence of the Seas for our Honeymoon in February. I have been browsing this board and reading up on everything. One thing I saw mentioned was refered to as a Bag of Beer sold at the pools where you could buy a cooler with beer and get it refilled for a lesser cost. I tried searching for more info but could not find anything more recently than early 2012. Does anyone know if they still do this? And if so what are the latest details and/or costs? I am a big beer drinking, so buying in bulk may be the way to go for me.

if you drink 8-10 beers a day the package will probably work out a cheaper option. sounds a lot but dont forget they are small bottles IE corona, bud etc

The bag of beer is hit or miss. They had them on my Allure and Freedom cruises but not the Navigator. The bags were advertised at the bars on Navigator but the bartenders said the were waiting for a new shipment. That was back in December.

So it sounds like it varies from ship to ship and cruise by cruise. Hope they have some sort of deal like it. Its not so much the money savings, but the convienence.

The bag was convenient because it had an attached bottle opener.

The bag was convenient because it had an attached bottle opener.

Yea it seemed like a nice way to carry it around with me. Always need a beer in my hand. :D Also seems like a decent souvenir-type item. I'm hoping they have something similar.

We were on the Independence back in March and they had a "bucket" sale on the last sea day. I think 5 cans of bud light were $20.00. It was only on the one day though. One couple we saw brought a soft cooler and used it with ice and ordered multiples to save time at the bar line. You may drink more if it is too easy to get ahold of though:)

We were on the Independence back in March and they had a "bucket" sale on the last sea day. I think 5 cans of bud light were $20.00. It was only on the one day though. One couple we saw brought a soft cooler and used it with ice and ordered multiples to save time at the bar line. You may drink more if it is too easy to get ahold of though:)

That's even more of a reason! :D

Yea it seemed like a nice way to carry it around with me. Always need a beer in my hand. :D Also seems like a decent souvenir-type item. I'm hoping they have something similar.

They had the bag on Allure last month, it held 8 beers and I don't think there was much of a deal on a refill, but you did get the bag, which is what my wife wanted anyway. I just volunteered to drink more on that sea day.

That's not a BAD thing....right?

Bought my own 'bag' online not affiliated with RC but thru a popular website, and found out there were beer-buying specials at different bars on different nights. Unfortunately, I had to do my own foot-search each night to find out which bar and which time (think Happy Hour) that offered 5 for 4. Granted, it made me work for it and burn the calories. This was on the Voyager last November.

We have one from a couple years ago on Allure. bottom line, it replaces the plastic bucket, keeps beer colder, has handles and a strap to carry. I could have sold ours a couple of weeks ago on the freedom for $50. You can bring your own that does the same thing.

beerbag.jpg.138a0cf4d51fb1225a9c7cfc5a546c1d.jpg

We bought everything together so I am not sure about buying the bag by itself. Its a great bag. You can just buy the bag and the beers, and what ever you don't finish put in your cabin refrigerator ( that is what we did) or keep the beer on ice in the bag. :)

We bought everything together so I am not sure about buying the bag by itself. Its a great bag. You can just buy the bag and the beers, and what ever you don't finish put in your cabin refrigerator ( that is what we did) or keep the beer on ice in the bag. :)

We have done the deal with the bag before and our room steward was great about keeping ice in it for us so we always had cold ones available!;)

We bought a cooler bag last August on Grandeur along with 3 or 4 LARGE cans of lager. Just come off Navigator and they were advertising them at the pool bar. It wasn't advertised on Grandeur, I just went to the pool bar and asked for one - it was filled with ice and the beers.

The bucket (actual plastic pale) is alive and well!! :) The deal for the bucket, 6 for 5, etc., is very hit or miss. The Beer Bag Cooler is even more elusive!

Order the bucket whether it's a deal or not. And, instead of all the nonsense on your packing list (duct tape, power strips, Post-It Notes, etc.) take at least TWO bottle openers. One for the pool bag, and one for your cabin. Make sure to ask your server or bartender to leave the caps 'On' when you order your bucket!

Have a Great Time! :D

Archived