Shuttle service question from San Pedro to LAX

mbmadeline

We will have a very tight schedule to make the only flight back to Boston that could work for us. It's a noon flight and Princess won't sell us a transfer since it's not a "legal time" for a recommended transfer. We can't wait for shuttle service to drop off people at different terminals. Thought we'd reserve a private sedan from like Execucar. I went on their website and it said pick up for a private sedan is 10:00 That can't possibly work for our flight. I know from past cruise experience that if we get off the ship in first group and carry our own luggage, we can be off the ship by 8 a.m. ish This is our first LA cruiseport. For anyone that has docked in LA at San Pedro at 7 a.m. What time can I expect to be off the ship ... and if I can't have a private car service waiting for me, will there be taxis lined up and waiting for passengers that could take us right away to LAX ... rather than pre arrange something? Thank you for any suggestions.

We've had private cars pick us up @ the terminal early, I don't know what the problem is with Execucar. Perhaps contact them again.

Unless your flight is on a weekday, traffic typically won't be a problem from San Pedro to LAX, it's about a 25-45 minute drive. With traffic it could be up to an hour or so, it's hard to predict exact times. The port is 22 miles from the airport. With a noon flight, you will have plenty of time to get to the airport, if you're off by 8 am and no traffic you will find yourself with a couple hours to kill at the airport.

And yes, there are taxis available at the terminal as you exit.

We will have a very tight schedule to make the only flight back to Boston that could work for us. It's a noon flight and Princess won't sell us a transfer since it's not a "legal time" for a recommended transfer. We can't wait for shuttle service to drop off people at different terminals. Thought we'd reserve a private sedan from like Execucar. I went on their website and it said pick up for a private sedan is 10:00 That can't possibly work for our flight. I know from past cruise experience that if we get off the ship in first group and carry our own luggage, we can be off the ship by 8 a.m. ish This is our first LA cruiseport. For anyone that has docked in LA at San Pedro at 7 a.m. What time can I expect to be off the ship ... and if I can't have a private car service waiting for me, will there be taxis lined up and waiting for passengers that could take us right away to LAX ... rather than pre arrange something? Thank you for any suggestions.

If you are lucky you will be off by 8:30 AM but it could be 9:00 AM.

You can arrange for them to come at 8:30 AM and if you are running very late they will charge you more.

Just call them to set up the time.

I have used them often for pickups at San Pedro.

Keith

.. Thought we'd reserve a private sedan from like Execucar. I went on their website and it said pick up for a private sedan is 10:00 That can't possibly work for our flight. I know from past cruise experience that if we get off the ship in first group and carry our own luggage, we can be off the ship by 8 a.m. ish ...
I just went on their website and started a booking for your date and flight time. The 'default' pickup time started out at 9:45, but it was just a dropdown box and allows you to pick any time you want. Change it to 8:45 and you will be fine.

I'm all set ... can't believe I didn't realize that with the drop down menu. It's all booked ... and allowed me any time I wanted for a pick up. Now I can just relax and very impatiently wait for October to arrive ... glad I didn't book it a year in advance.

I'm all set ... can't believe I didn't realize that with the drop down menu. It's all booked ... and allowed me any time I wanted for a pick up. Now I can just relax and very impatiently wait for October to arrive ... glad I didn't book it a year in advance.

I would be sure that you have their phone number with you. That morning after you arrive in port you will have a better feel as to whether or not you are on schedule or ahead. You can call them. Also when you are getting your luggage call them again so that they know for the driver to come into the port. Often they must wait outside the port.

Keith

I would be sure that you have their phone number with you. That morning after you arrive in port you will have a better feel as to whether or not you are on schedule or ahead. You can call them. Also when you are getting your luggage call them again so that they know for the driver to come into the port. Often they must wait outside the port.

Keith

That's the way to handle it. You won't know exactly when you'll be off the ship (with immigrations and customs going on, the line to actually meet with customs, picking up your luggage from the baggage room, and getting over to the shuttle island that's right outside the berth). Last January, our driver (for another private car service) called when we were still waiting for our color to be called. I told him that and he said, "no problem, just call when you're at the pickup spot." Many of these companies deal with the port all the time and your driver will circle the area until you're off the ship.

Archived