Indonesian Visa for R/T from Sydney?

Dietemann

I could not find an answer using the "Search." We are considering an around Oz cruise which has one stop on Bali. For those of you who might have taken a cruise like this on Princess, does the cruise line arrange for a blanket visa and charge your account or is the passenger (US passport) responsible to get their own visa?

We were on the Dawn Princess in 2011 and called on Bali (Benoa). We did not need to get a visa. So either it was not required or Princess handled it. Sorry I don't remember which. We have US passports.

We have just done circumnavigation of Australia on Dawn Princess with a stop in Lombok (next island to Bali) Indonesia. Princess collected everyone´s passport a couple of days before arrival in Lombok and the Indonesian visa was stamped into the passports which were returned to us. The cost of 25$Aus pp was added to our on board account. This was done for all passengers even if they had no intention of getting off the ship. HTH

Sandy in Spain

We are on the Ocean Princess going to Komodo Island, Indonesia in October. I checked the Personalizer and it says for US citizens (and others), a visa is issued upon arrival. Princess handles it and charges our onboard account $25.

We are on the Ocean Princess going to Komodo Island, Indonesia in October. I checked the Personalizer and it says for US citizens (and others), a visa is issued upon arrival. Princess handles it and charges our onboard account $25.

Thanks again, Paul (and Sandy). Good to hear current experiences and that the issue is addressed early in the Personalizer. (I am aware of needing the ETA for flying into Sydney and its length of validity.)

Archived