Bath tub in mini-suites on the Gem

tango223

We are thinking about getting my mother a mini-suite but worried that the tub height is higher than a regular tub. She won't be able to lift her leg high over the shower/tub combo if its too high. She manages just fine with the tub in her apartment. Anyone who knows, please help.

It's definitely harder to get into a mini-suite's tub than a regular tub. Sorry I can't give you an exact height measurement but I'm guessing that it's about two inches higher than normal.

We have been on the Jewel and the Pearl, which I believe are sister ships to the Gem. We have been in the mini suites on both the Jewel and the Pearl and the tub is higher. I love having a tub, but for anyone who might have a problem climbing in and out, it is higher than a regular tub at home.

just cruised on gems mini suite was awesome but tub is high to get in were 57 abd 58 years old so prob for older could be difficult awesome boat and cruise director sinan was the best ive ever had. check out laurie ann as well piano bar:))

We had a mini on the Pearl, which is a sister ship to the Gem. The tub was a bit higher than ours at home.

Your Mom might be better off in a cabin with a walk-in shower, if she has trouble with higher tubs.

I wonder why they installed higher bathtubs in ships' suites. The tub in our OS on the Dawn was so high, we only used the walk-in shower. We prefer showers to tubs anyway.

I have very short legs so I notice these things. :o The tubs are quite a climb in there. That being said, you were better off booking the balcony cabin to be on the safe side. ;)

Archived