Cruise Dailies - Infinity British Isles

Diva Onboard

Just returned from 5/13/13 Infinity British Isles cruise and we had the formal nights on day 3 (St Peter Port, where ship leaves at 3PM) and on 1st sea day, which looks like day 9 for you.

Had a wonderful time!! Feel free to ask questions.

Just returned from 5/13/13 Infinity British Isles cruise and we had the formal nights on day 3 (St Peter Port, where ship leaves at 3PM) and on 1st sea day, which looks like day 9 for you.

Also - how was the weather?. We leave Friday for the same cruise June 3.

Sorry to say that the weather has not been too good over here. Bring layers and also rain coat. Having said that, today has been the most beautiful day here on the south coast.

Have a lovely time whatever the weather.

Thanks vt !

We will be on the 3 June cruise, so it looks like our formal nights will be the 5th and the 11th. Do you remember the name of the Captain's Club hostess?

Any problems with embarkation, or disembarkation?

Enjoy!

Kel:)

The weather was not great much of the time, but it didn't interfere with enjoying the wonderful ports. We brought layers - it was sunny a few days, overcast and/or rainy some and cool many of the days. Liverpool and Invergordon were the only ports I was really cold, but it was my fault for not dressing warmly enough (I'm from Vermont so the cold doesn't bother me much - I didn't bring a warm enough coat). It didn't matter - the sights were so amazing, I wouldn't have missed them!! It was funny because in Greenock, Scotland we were too warm because of the lack of AC in our van (but didn't complain) and we had a couple of other sunny days (or at least partially sunny days).

kelmac:

The Captain's Club Hostess was Jenny Cerezo.

Embarkation was easy and pleasant. The baggage guys were very nice. There is a little reception area with tables and chairs to stay in if they are not ready yet (we arrived at 10:45 and they opened registration at 11:00). There was also a little coffee shop attached to that room. The British ladies checking us in were so pleasant and helpful and we were on board very quickly. The cabins were ready by 1:00.

Disembarkation: Again, very easy for us. They give you a disembarkation form the second or third day to complete - we forgot because we were so busy (never have forgotten before) and got assigned number 5 (5th group to get off). People started getting off at about 7 or 7:30, I think - our van was due at 9:00 so we stayed on and had a leisurely breakfast in Blu, returned to our cabin to brush our teeth and grab our carry ons and walked off at about 8:30 (they were up to about number 32 by then) - we easily found our luggage. I think we were off the ship and back in the little reception area by 8:40 and found our van driver and left. I heard them announce that all numbers had been called and everyone could leave the ship as we headed to the van.

Flo71:

We were in Blu and the food was very good (had a much better experience this cruise with service and quality of food). I heard good and bad about the MDR from friends we made on board, but overall I think people were happy with the food there. Bistro on 5 was excellent, the grill by the pool had good hamburgs, the specialties were very good. We avoid the buffet, if possible, but when we did eat there, we always found something tasty.

This was a wonderful cruise - loved the ship and ports. Staff was outstanding - really wish we could do it all over again!! I am working on a full review and will try to get it out this week.

I can agree to everything vtcruising wrote! Even if the weather was exceptionally cold for the season that can change for your cruise in June.

I'm not sure who will be the new CC Host or Hostess. Jenny Cerezo ( who was a wonderful hostess) told us she was due a vacation and would leave the ship for that.

Enjoy your time on lovely Infinity!

VT - thank you for all the useful information about formal nights and more.

Our cruise is an 11 nighter - so I'm surprised there will only be 2 formal nights and not 3. At least we won't have to pack as much for only 2.

Did you take any of the ships shore excursions or did you book independently? If you booked through Celebrity, did the buses have bathrooms?

What tour did you take in Paris?

Thanks again for the information. It really helps.

The weather was not great much of the time, but it didn't interfere with enjoying the wonderful ports. We brought layers - it was sunny a few days, overcast and/or rainy some and cool many of the days. Liverpool and Invergordon were the only ports I was really cold, but it was my fault for not dressing warmly enough (I'm from Vermont so the cold doesn't bother me much - I didn't bring a warm enough coat). It didn't matter - the sights were so amazing, I wouldn't have missed them!! It was funny because in Greenock, Scotland we were too warm because of the lack of AC in our van (but didn't complain) and we had a couple of other sunny days (or at least partially sunny days).

kelmac:

The Captain's Club Hostess was Jenny Cerezo.

Embarkation was easy and pleasant. The baggage guys were very nice. There is a little reception area with tables and chairs to stay in if they are not ready yet (we arrived at 10:45 and they opened registration at 11:00). There was also a little coffee shop attached to that room. The British ladies checking us in were so pleasant and helpful and we were on board very quickly. The cabins were ready by 1:00.

Disembarkation: Again, very easy for us. They give you a disembarkation form the second or third day to complete - we forgot because we were so busy (never have forgotten before) and got assigned number 5 (5th group to get off). People started getting off at about 7 or 7:30, I think - our van was due at 9:00 so we stayed on and had a leisurely breakfast in Blu, returned to our cabin to brush our teeth and grab our carry ons and walked off at about 8:30 (they were up to about number 32 by then) - we easily found our luggage. I think we were off the ship and back in the little reception area by 8:40 and found our van driver and left. I heard them announce that all numbers had been called and everyone could leave the ship as we headed to the van.

Flo71:

We were in Blu and the food was very good (had a much better experience this cruise with service and quality of food). I heard good and bad about the MDR from friends we made on board, but overall I think people were happy with the food there. Bistro on 5 was excellent, the grill by the pool had good hamburgs, the specialties were very good. We avoid the buffet, if possible, but when we did eat there, we always found something tasty.

This was a wonderful cruise - loved the ship and ports. Staff was outstanding - really wish we could do it all over again!! I am working on a full review and will try to get it out this week.

Thank you, I am very excited about my cruise on Infinity in Aug, good to hear you loved the ship and food was good.

So sorry we are going to miss Jenny as the hostess, I think it is changing to Melissa, she is very different from Jenny

Glad to hear Blu was a pleasant experience, on our cruise, it's the ports that are the Main thing for us, the ship is the incidental, I know our bed will be comfortable so as long as someone else cooks me edible food (and Celebrity always has to date) I will be happy, I have no higher expectations than that!

VT - thank you for all the useful information about formal nights and more.

Our cruise is an 11 nighter - so I'm surprised there will only be 2 formal nights and not 3. At least we won't have to pack as much for only 2.

Did you take any of the ships shore excursions or did you book independently? If you booked through Celebrity, did the buses have bathrooms?

What tour did you take in Paris?

Thanks again for the information. It really helps.

We took all independent tours except my husband took the ship's Guinness tour. I'm not sure if his bus had a bathroom or not, but the one independent tour I took which was on a bus did not have a bathroom. The driver, and all the van/taxi drivers on my other tours, were very aware of bathroom needs and had planned intermittent stops with access to decent bathrooms.

We went to Paris pre-cruise for a few days so we went to Normandy when in Le Havre. It was one of the most memorable things I've ever done.

We lucked out with having wonderful experiences in each port. Though we have had some good ship's tours on past cruises, it seems our best tours are with independent guides. I used the information from CC roll call and ports info to plan most and tagged along on a couple of tours that were planned by people on my roll call. I used Trip Advisor as a back-up to make sure tour guides were reliable, since you are responsible for getting back on the ship if you miss the ship in port. Our tour guides worked hard to give us a good experience and we always were back in plenty of time.

The weather on the 13 May BI cruise was chilly, with temps ranging from high 40s to low 70s. Most of the time temps were in the high 50s or low 60s. We are warm weather people, but we still loved the cruise. We took our waterproof jackets and umbrellas every day we were on tour. Fortunately, it did not rain that much.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived