!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

We should be able to make custom shirts that have "Team Gambee" on the back and a picture of his favorite ship on the front!

In fact, here's a quick little design that I just made in a few minutes :p http://www.customink.com/designs/teamgambee/hdk0-000v-6qps/hotlink?pc=HL-76683&cm_mmc=hotlink-_-3-_-Body_txt-_-button1

OMG Mike you are hilarious! Those shirts would have so many people asking questions! One small suggestion though, it needs to have something about the huge aft balcony following Gambee created on the original Breakaway thread :D

Gambee, you have us all sitting here with baited breath awaiting your verdict :). Yet another member of your fan club ;)

hmmm who will win the ship contest ncl or rccl? good shirt Mike

Sorry Gambee, please disregard my responses to people on your shirt! :) Anyway, I really don't know if his new favorite ship will be Breakaway or not but I have a feeling that overall, the Allure is still his fav! :cool:

I couldn't find a vector of Allure so I just chose to put an anchor on the front, maybe I could switch it to the crown and anchor (RCI's logo) :D

OMG Mike you are hilarious! Those shirts would have so many people asking questions! One small suggestion though' date=' it needs to have something about the huge aft balcony following Gambee created on the original Breakaway thread :D

Gambee, you have us all sitting here with baited breath awaiting your verdict :). Yet another member of your fan club ;)[/quote']

Haha, thanks! We have to add some kind of saying under "Team Gambee" on the back! Something that includes the aft balcony following (sorry, I'm not too familiar with this because I didn't follow the Everything Breakaway thread till around the float out) and clumsiness, acapella groups, drinks, etc!!

Edited by swim13

We should be able to make custom shirts that have "Team Gambee" on the back and a picture of his favorite ship on the front! :D

In fact, here's a quick little design that I just made in a few minutes :p http://www.customink.com/designs/teamgambee/hdk0-000v-6qps/hotlink?pc=HL-76683&cm_mmc=hotlink-_-3-_-Body_txt-_-button1

Ok...first of all....thank you so much gambee and mom for all your wonderful everything!! Second of all...I really want this shirt! How exactly can I order?? Or can't I? :)

DSC05940_zps11d48d18.jpg

Just a magnificent store they had these huge gummy bears, I bet after eating one of them you turn into a gummy bear yourself =). They also had characters so kids could take pictures with. I think it was Iron man and Spider man that day, a lot of excited children running around.

Then we headed back outset to wait for my friend. I snapped two more pics.

DSC05945_zps0377ad3e.jpg

DSC05953_zps779af546.jpg

So for dinner my friend wanted to take us out to a fancy place, but honestly that is the last thing I wanted after a long day. If it was choice I would got a dirty water dog and headed to bed. But I could not do that, it had been ages since we saw each other and I wanted to catch up with him.

So he ended up talking to us to The Plaza Food Hall, by Todd English. It was good, way over priced in my opinion, but then again everything is like that in NY.

I had a burger. It was very tasty, but it came with sweet potato fries. I am not a fan of them.

DSC05956_zpsda35dfe8.jpg

He had some wraps.

DSC05957_zps1d2e34e7.jpg

And my mom had some nachos with lobster guacamole that I failed to take pictures of.

Took this one after we left the restaurant

DSC05961_zps49dc5700.jpg

It was a nice dinner and we had fun catching up, but soon enough my eyes were closing. So we decided to take the sub back to Times Square. We got off right in the middle of the commotion, I took a few pictures as we walked towards the Hotel. At some point we said good bye to my friend and split ways. I need to do NY again but with more time, this felt awfully rushed and like I did not accomplish anything…

DSC05963_zps02014b9c.jpg

DSC05969_zps64ef0b92.jpg

DSC05971_zps772260a6.jpg

Cute couple getting married :)

DSC05976_zps0f7b4adc.jpg

DSC05981_zps0a0c7cf6.jpg

DSC05996_zps82be20f2.jpg

DSC05998_zps111de575.jpg

DSC05999_zps783ae870.jpg

Times Square was an absolute mess, even the locals (my friend) said that it was the busiest he had seen it in some time. We struggled to walk, honestly I just wanted to go to bed.

Once in the hotel it did not take much to head to bead, I remember working on my pictures for a little while and then calling it a night.

I enjoyed that large bed very much considering that I would have to adjust to a much smaller bed the next night.

I forgot to add that the Holiday inn is a few buildings away from the Comfort inn. You might be able to get a good price on that hotel as well.

I hope everyone enjoyed the New York section, I really did not want to make it too long and boring. I think that was a good exposure for all to enjoy.

New York, ending.

I am pretty tired, tomorrow I will scan all the documents and get started with day 1. I will also reply to the posts at some time tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience, it's been a long day.

Ok...first of all....thank you so much gambee and mom for all your wonderful everything!! Second of all...I really want this shirt! How exactly can I order?? Or can't I? :)

I'm hoping we can actually order them, we just need the verdict from Gambee himself! :D I have a feeling these shirts will be a hot commodity!

Gambee ~ Tell us how you like the design, I can make alterations!

LOVE the night pictures of Times Square.

I am so excited that I finally get to read one of your reviews in real time! Thanks again for the FB add today (Susan), I look forward to following your journeys!

Sign me up for a Team Gambee shirt! :D

I really need to try out a new cruise line, as you can see I have pretty much maintained my loyalty to Carnival. Your reviews keep making me wish I had tried another line, just for the experience. We are all patiently waiting to hear about your top pick, especially so I can make an educated decision! :p

But I will post and send to you as soon as I hear. Rumor mill says maybe tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath... Waiting for the 12 day southern, and maybe will fit a Breakaway bermuda in there before?

Crown and Anchor members can book as of today, 5/28. Then it opens up to everyone on June 4. I have my TA looking into prices and itineraries and could very well be booking today!

Gambee, pictures of New York are fantastic. Haven't been there for years. Beautiful place, especially at night.

I got some sad news yesterday. My cruise on the Grandeur for this Friday was cancelled due to the fire on the ship. I am grateful that no one was hurt and they are going to be compensated very well for all they went through. Great job RCCL. Great job in putting out the fire too. I know it must have been a real challenge. They compensated us too. Am pleased with what they did. Just sad that our cruise was cancelled. Now, I will able to follow you as you go and don't have to wait until I return from Bermuda. That is a good thing. I have been to Bermuda several times, but, am anxiously awaiting to see it through your eyes and pictures. So I am here for the ride........a silver lining around a dark cloud. ;)

Thanks for taking me along. Also sorry I got off topic. :o

Gwen :)

Gambee, pictures of New York are fantastic. Haven't been there for years. Beautiful place, especially at night.

I got some sad news yesterday. My cruise on the Grandeur for this Friday was cancelled due to the fire on the ship. I am grateful that no one was hurt and they are going to be compensated very well for all they went through. Great job RCCL. Great job in putting out the fire too. I know it must have been a real challenge. They compensated us too. Am pleased with what they did. Just sad that our cruise was cancelled. Now, I will able to follow you as you go and don't have to wait until I return from Bermuda. That is a good thing. I have been to Bermuda several times, but, am anxiously awaiting to see it through your eyes and pictures. So I am here for the ride........a silver lining around a dark cloud. ;)

Thanks for taking me along. Also sorry I got off topic. :o

My hubby heard about the Grandeur's fire on the radio, when he went out to start his car this morning. His mother is on Breakaway this week and he said it took an enternity to say which ship. Very scary for those on board and their families hearing the news. Glad they were able to get to a port so quickly. I can imagine some people never wanting to cruise again after that.

Cruisinlady, at least you can feel like you're on Breakaway through Gambee's review! :)

Edited by English101

NayRN: You're very welcome. New York is actually very easy to get around, just download an app on your phone and it will tell you what subs to take. The first time around in NY I did great and I was not even familiar with the city. I remember I was with my ex who had been many time to NY and he got us lost. It took me two minutes with a map and I figured it out :). Don't let the city intimidate you.

Kennedysa: Glad you found me =).

Lyndamr: That's a mighty trophy, thank you! I am glad we had a great experience with Jet Blue, definitely much better than Spirit. Although I have to admit that the flight to NY was better than the one back home.

mbs224: I am very glad that my Bermuda section is already helping people, I put a lot of work into that section, and I am very proud of it. I would gladly welcome info on the studios as that is something that I completely lack information on. Thank you.

FTLAUDER: Your post just crack me up :D, very funny, lol. Thank you for following along again =).

Shaun: Your comments are always gold, yeah his face when he saw the model was priceless. Specially considering the size of the model, I seriously think that it is about double the size than the X ship. I think he wont be watching TV on the main tv in the near future, lol.

English101: Mom says hi, she does not like over posting on these boards.

Michthebeech: Yeah this trip was definitely not cheap, but that is the price you pay for being in the inaugural season. I am glad to know that you're reading other reviews and not just RCCL, it really puzzles me how some folks can be so loyal to some lines. In all honesty I think I have found something to like about every line that I have sailed. Oh my cameras, please don't get me started. It is not just the camera, it is also about the lens. which canon did you buy? For the Silli I did tons of editing, but for this one I plan to do much less, maybe a little sharpening and color boosting. That is pretty much what I did for the Allure one and I see how much people liked my work. But I can tell you, that even if I did not edit them, the results would be very close to what I have not. She is a very powerful camera!

jlstilp: I have to agree with you that it is a real shame that he does not like to cruise. I would love to go out at night with him and make new friends. But it is what it is and nothing will change that, you just adjust to life and look for alternatives.

topanda49er: You know they told me what fair it was, but I did not take notes and completely forgot about it. You must work for a large company 43 floors of it is a lot, the tower looks so nice. You should be able to get some good pictures of the ships from there. Yeah, the Breakaway docks in the dockyard and all the ferries stop there as do the buses. I will get into that later on.

SenatorFan: Well hello there Heather, nice to see you here. Hopefully you enjoy this one as much as you liked the other reviews =).

chrisc71: Thank you.

dukester99: Thank you smooch for commenting, it is appreciated. I am glad to know that the amount of readers keeps growing and growing. Thank you for taking the time to read the review =)

skittl1321: Glad you like it, thank you.

big al: Hello Big Al, the beds are near the balcony in our room. You will get to see plenty of pics of the room as I do a walking tour it. I would say that about 65% of the balcony is covered with shade and 35% is exposed. It was really nice because you can just move the lounges and get sun if you want or push them back if you don't. I did not see the M6, but honestly I would never consider one of those cabins. I just think they are way too exposed. But there are some pics of them floating around here, when I do the tour of the rooms I will look for them and ask for permission to post them here.

Sauer-Kraut: I guess I could do that, as a matter of fact I should do it now before I forge. Thanks for bringing that up. Ok, done =)

bermuda8553: You're very welcome, by the way if it your suitcase I think I broke it, so you might have to buy a new one :D. lol

AttilaTheFun: I loved that marina, I have been there. I just wished the weather had been better. Thank you for joining =)

topanga49er: I am not really sure, I know pier 88 is the one in NY. Maybe cape liberty is the one in Bayonne?

blossom: Thank you for joining the party =)

Jan_In_Maine: You're welcome Jan.

mais318: I will try my best so you can convince your family to go on Breakaway!

psycomac: The pics of the aft PH Suite are on day one so not much of a wait for you. That hotel is great, you will love it =)

MAZ100: All the info is coming, I just need to sort it out =)

phtormey: the only shows that carry is cirque and I believe its $40 and $50. They also charge for a lunch comedy shows and the cost is $20.

michshellmybell: You're very welcome, Ill get started on the ship today.

swim13: Glad to hear that you finally decided to get the camera, you will love the pictures!

hm21999: You're very welcome, that is good that you're saving a few bucks on the Bermuda guide. Are you getting an NEX system or another camera?

Bars7816: Yeah the Holiday inn is only a few buildings down, it is actually much larger than the Comfort Inn.

patter44: Thank you Pat :)

YankeeFan4Ever: You're very welcome =)

aft: You're welcome. I bet you will be taking lots of notes in the coming days.

baffy: My pleasure, I plan to give you all the information you need for Breakaway. Like you said, no need to look elsewhere.

whenisthemidnightbuffet: Wow that is a long screen name, lol. Thank you fro your comment, hope you continue to enjoy.

Cabincop: That is true, Heaven looks amazing in this ship.

Gershep: Guest services is by the Atrium. I have a walking video on day 7 that should get you very oriented.

Swim13: I laughed about the shirts, you're funny. TEAM GAMbEE, now that got a laugh out of me.

stellarose: You're very welcome =), hope you have a great time aboard the summit. You know the summit and Breakaway travel together all the time. I was wondering if the fireworks are visible from the summit.

B&Z's Mom, Roe2ship & Cabincop: That is a good question, you know the funny thing… No never mind, you folks are going to have to wait to know which one I liked best. Patience my friends.

beachbuddy: Well hello there patty =), glad to know you found me. I was wondering were you where.

tymike: You're welcome, hopefully you continue to enjoy the review.

Love-to-ride: Right? You know I was on the fence about bringing my tripod, but in the end decide not to do it. When I saw the results of those pictures, I knew it was all good.

Swim13: Well Mike first we have to know what ship I like most, then you can make alterations :-). lol

Bugsy: Thank you Chris, glad you like them. I was very happy of how good they came out :-)

SwellBee: REading a review in real time is good and bad. It is fun to be part of the action, but at times you will find yourself hitting the refresh button constantly, lol. Trust me I been there, lol. You should really try another line, it puzzles me why many people don't do it. I guess sometimes we are comfortable with what we like and it is smoother that way. I will be aboard my first Carnival ship in a few months, can't wait :-). Maybe after the review I can convince you to try NCL? Thank you for joining in =)

My4Grandsons: Glad you like them, I knew a few of you would enjoy Ney York Pictures. I just did not wanted to make it an overwhelming section.

crusinlady1947: Oh no, I am sorry to hear that your cruise was cancelled. At the very least no one got hurt and RCCL did you right. I will try my best to take you on vacation to Bermuda. I will tell you one thing, at least we got good weather. So the pictures came out really nice.

Few, that took some time. Luckily I don't work long like that often so I wont let so many posts pile up again.

Ok lets see, the good news is that I already wrote off day one. I just need to scan the documents, and Day 1 should be up and running in a little over an hour I think. I am not sure, how much of day 1 I will be able to finish today, but I will try to get as much as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

By the way is this way of responding to comments ok with everyone? I know it takes a little time to look for your answer, but it cuts my time by a lot.

Few, that took some time. Luckily I don't work long like that often so I wont let so many posts pile up again.

Ok lets see, the good news is that I already wrote off day one. I just need to scan the documents, and Day 1 should be up and running in a little over an hour I think. I am not sure, how much of day 1 I will be able to finish today, but I will try to get as much as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

By the way is this way of responding to comments ok with everyone? I know it takes a little time to look for your answer, but it cuts my time by a lot.

I think you are doing a great job. I have no problem with the way you are doing it. It is your thread.......do as you please.:p;)

Gambee your welcome wish that trophy was real but I meant it in heart. lol Yes, flights are different, depends on flight traffic, winds, weather, etc. as long as you get off safely is all that matters. I also fly southwest pretty decent too.

I can't get enough of your review, I find myself as a child sitting here waiting for some ice cream or candy hehe.