!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Well, the review started off great, but now you've lost me. First, posters here quoting you with pics included over and over is tedious. I don't really need to see pics of the model ships three or four times in one thread or the same map of Bermuda over and over. Of course you cannot control what others do. I really wish people would learn to say what they want without quoting entire posts including photos over and over. Now, you want to personally address each poster and those posters are quoting your personal posts to them on top of it. One example is the recent post by capp. I am referring to post #127. It couldn't get any worse. Sorry, thanks anyway.

This is how reviews tend to be here on CC. Especially if they have a lot of followers! It's very easy to scroll through the comments since Gambee uses bold black font.

Have you read Gambee's other reviews? they are so through and full of amazing pictures! Sure, sometimes I just want to skip over comments (99% positive and encouraging....always have someone being negative) and get back to his story but, I also like to see other readers' questions and Gambee's responses. This is Gambee's review. He is entitled to having his readers post praise and if he personally wants to address each one, that's his prerogative. If you choose not to follow Gambee's review, that's your loss.

What an awesome review!! Sailing the Breakaway on June 2 so I've been waiting to see the first reviews of the Bermuda itinerary. I love your section on things to do in Bermuda. Saved me a lot if time doing research. Can't wait to see the new ship. I've sailed the Epic twice so I'm curious to see the changes in the Breakaway. I stay in the studios so if you don't have enough info on them in your review I will give you my review of the studios when I get back. Keep up the good work! And I'll continue reading!

All aboard with you Gman. Looking forward to great pictures of your flip-flops, feet on lounge-chair shots, Moms half finished drinks and secret reflection of Gambee on a glass. So Hitchcock!!

BTW Just got an e-mail from RCCL that C&A members can book Quantum on May 28.

I recommend all new Gambee followers to read his previous reviews, especially of the Allure.

Thank you so much for the picture' date=' that it's me. :) I always wanted a picture of us in the balcony but my son was not there at that moment. :(

I really appreciate to all the persons, who support Gambee in his thread. Let's continue traveling with us, in this great adventure. Yayyyyyyy it was great, and we also met very nice CC members.[/quote']

Hi Gambee's Mom!

All aboard with you Gman. Looking forward to great pictures of your flip-flops, feet on lounge-chair shots, Moms half finished drinks and secret reflection of Gambee on a glass. So Hitchcock!!

BTW Just got an e-mail from RCCL that C&A members can book Quantum on May 28.

I recommend all new Gambee followers to read his previous reviews, especially of the Allure.

OMG lol this made me giggle out loud! Don't forget the shots of acts of clumsiness (coffee on white pants, drinks spilled on tables) and weather observations! :p haha it just wouldn't be a Gambee review without them, am I right?!?

Thank you so much for the picture' date=' that it's me. :) I always wanted a picture of us in the balcony but my son was not there at that moment. :(

I really appreciate to all the persons, who support Gambee in his thread. Let's continue traveling with us, in this great adventure. Yayyyyyyy it was great, and we also met very nice CC members.[/quote']

Hi Mom! How are you? Hope all is well, I am so happy you and "Gambee" had a wonderful time on your adventures! Can't wait to hear all about them.

Im so jealous. I have been reading your review "real time" I keep refreshing. I too get nervous and plan extensively like you. So because of that I booked to Oasis again this year. Same ship, same month, same islands. ("If it ain't broke, don't fix it" was what my children said) And I'm still researching anyway. LOL I seriously considered Breakaway because we would not have had to fly. We are in Massachusetts. But even with the flight Oasis was still cheaper for August :( I booked two adjacent Balcony rooms and I can't believe the price I got. I was too good to pass up. We paid almost as much for 4 in one room last year. I've been following the prices and they have gone up, not down (except for my flight) which I now have $100 credit.

I assume we are not allowed to post prices on here because I never see anyone say what they paid.

Your review is coming out great. I've been reading silhouette while I've been waiting for this one even though I'm loyal to Royal. LOL Really they should give you some perks for writing this stuff. I'm sure they sell cruises based on your reviews.

I wrote a review on trip advisor about an excursion, and he gave me a great discount this year to go again.

I purchased a Canon last year for the trip. Now I regret not having found you sooner because your pictures are amazing. I polled the audience on facebook about which camera to buy and researched that for days too. LOL My pictures are clearly not as good as yours and I spend a month reading books and playing with it before the trip too. That Sony is great. do they take much editting? I don't have Photoshop yet and I really don't edit them at all.

Yay, not only do we get to read this amazing review, but Gambees mum is here too!! How cool is that??

* waves hi to Gambees mum * :D

Gambee - love this review and pictures! I'm enjoying getting to know you through this review. I'm sorry your bf doesn't like to cruise - luckily for me my partner and I love cruising and our upcoming breakaway cruise will be our 18th! If he didn't want to cruise anymore - I would be so sad - we have so many wonderful memories and friends from our cruises.

I think it is wonderful you travel with your mom. I'm also very close with my mom - she often comes along with us - I love getting her to break out of her comfort zone and see the world! Cruising does exactly that!

I'm so excited for the rest of your review. I hope as you continue to try out Norwegian - perhaps one day our paths will cross!

John

Why bother to write negative things, just turn off your computer? We all would be happier.

To Gambee: amazing start ignore cranky boy! So glad you got to see some of NY, but sorry you had such lousy weather. Grew up in NY, and still have my mom and dad there. Glad you saw a street fair; wonder which one it was? Next time you are in NY, I highly recommend seeing the Woolworth building downtown (its in the second picture after your hotel room interior shots; has green point at top.) Called "Cathedral of commerce" it is all inlaid mosaic, marble and gold leaf! Gorgeous! My company (Condé Nast) will actually be moving into the Freedom tower next year (43 floors of it anyway)! Will def get some pix when I come to town for work or Breakaway or Quantum!

Speaking of, maybe I am jumping gun and am sure you'll get to it, but where is the port Breakaway leaves from, and is it accessible by ferry?

Can't wait to read more! Thank you thank you thank you!!

Wow, over 13k views in less than 24hrs. I am very happy, thank you everyone. I have a long day ahead of me at work. I will finish New York once I get home, and start with day one tomorrow. A lot of info on day one, I was just going over the pictures.

I will answer later on or tomorrow.

Shaun u crack me up :D

Edited by gambee

Welcome back Gambee and Mom. I saw your ship on the Bermuda port cam last week; the weather looked great, so I hoped you were having a good time.:) Thanks for the NYC pictures; I was someone who wanted to see them, and to Sarah for editing. Looking forward to more.:cool:

Heather

I'd hate to be the dink who tells you New York is safe and then someone steals your camera, but I really think New York is safer than you've been led to believe. Certainly the chances of someone stealing one out of your hands is statistically almost zero; if you were willing to carry it in a bag or backpack the rest of the time, something with a thicker strap that won't just rip off, I can't imagine anything happening. I lived in the city for over a year, have worked there for more than 11, and visited for much longer, and nothing's ever happened to me.

And since this is my first post here, allow me to join everyone else in saying this thing is awesome, it's going to be very entertaining and superinformative for me in a few weeks, and thank you very much for doing it.

I agree. Actually your smart phone is a bigger target these days.

Also enjoying your pictures. Great job.

Hi Gambee-

I like to just read the reviews and comments and not post anything at all, but I was compelled to actually figure out how to write a comment so that I can say THANK YOU to you. :) All the time you are putting into the review will make my planning and researching so much easier. You are a very generous person for giving us all that info and the least I could do is to take a little time and say how much you're hard work is appreciated. :):)

Gambee I am loving your review!

I do have to agree with the person who said it is frustrating when people quote entire long posts with pictures though! Just reply to the thread in general, or delete the parts of the quote you aren't replying directly too!

Can't wait to read the rest.

Gambee- Great start as usual to your reviews..question: was your cabin 12906 the ones with the beds nearer to the balcony or nearer to the bathroom? It sounds like also that maybe 30% of the balcony was in the shade and 70% exposed to sun? I know it changes throughout the day as time goes on, but how would you explain the shade vs. sun situation? It sounds nice that you can have both...we are looking at cabin 12908, which has 157 SF of balcony for the Getaway next year....it's between those, or the M6's on deck 8- but I'm not sure if I like being so forward...BTW, did you see any M6 minis? Thanks again, and look forward to the rest of the review ESPECIALLY your comparison to the Allure/ Oasis ships, which I have cruised twice....

Big Al

Your Neighbor in S. Florida

When your review is finished, do you think you could please take the time and do an edited review on just your Bermuda information and posts? I am sure it will be appreciated over there.

Thank you for taking the time to post all these details about the ship and your cruise, it is fantastic and I'll be sure to refer to your information when I plan my Bermuda get-a-way in the future. :D