!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Loving your post and photos

Gambee can you take a picture of the Raw Bar Menu..

And also menu if there is any of the Breezeaway Bar & Grill since not sure if this place is the same as the outside buffet where they cook the hot dogs and burgers...

That is the only menu I have not seen posted as of yet

thanks can't wait to see more

once I'm caught up on your breakaway review, I go back to the Silhouette review! These, combined with the past three days spent trying to get squared away with family and friends on Quantum, husband thinks I'm out of control w/ cruising!!:rolleyes:

Question: Does Breakaway have the facial recognition software and "folders" that Allure and Oasis had? So easy to find your pix from ship photog's. Thanks,

DSC06813_zps0988cc0f.jpg

Gambee,

Love this picture! It was like you superimposed yourself on the back drop to add to the mystery of Gambee. Perhaps someday we will see you. (like Charlie from Charlie's Angels). It also is so appropriate that it is the photo gallery. Planned or by accident, I think it is neat.

1 question since I have not sailed NCL prior to free style. Are the MDR's open seating (come when you want) or the traditional assigned seating's with early & late?

Love the review so far. Keep it up, we thank you for your efforts. Have a fun day at work :rolleyes:

Bill

So happy reading along, just wanted to say that DH and I have a little friendly bet as to how many olives will be pictured in this review. We wrote down our amount and stuck the sealed guesses on our fridge. (OK it get a little slow during rainy season in Fort Licquordale. OOPs Lauderdale.)

Great Gambee Sighting by the way. SHHHHHHHHHHHH

Edited by FTLAUDER

I LOVED the video of the waterfront! That was the biggest thing I missed on the Epic. Those balconies on Deck 8 are ridiculous. I would never use it and we live on our balcony.

On Epic, you could use the bouncy thing. There was a 70 year old guy that went on it with my daughter. I videod it just so I can remember to be that adventurous and spry when I'm that age.

HI all!

Gambee ~ great review as usual!:D I'm interested in which you like better as I was on Breakaway the week before you & am going on Allure in Nov.(have been on Oasis)

I'll be interested to see what you think of Carnival too.

It was nice to hear your voice & see some pictures of you (well sort of, lol).

At our Meet & Mingle I'm pretty sure the officers spoke & gave out cards.

Kevin Sheehan was there too & spoke to people plus posed with those who wanted photos ( not me).;)

Colin ~ I've been on Epic 3 times & find myself comparing Breakaway with it, not always to B's advantage especially Spice H2O, the Studio Lounge, Cirque seating & the Ice bar.

Eagerly awaiting the rest of your review.

~ Jo ~ :)

Ha....I just KNEW those would be your choices!! ;) :D

Sad that I'm that predictable... ;)

:D

Tom

Hah, I knew too:D

Gambee, keep up the good work. I'm enjoying your review and loving your photos.

Pretty much all the well-deserved normal possible positive adjectives have been used for your pictorial input, so I'm now relegated to create a new one . . .

let's see . . .

Ubermondodynafantabulous!! :D

Or, just simply Thank You - Thank You - Thank You!

Will be using your presentation for assistance with pre-planning my own Bermuda sailing on Norwegian Breakaway in September. I downloaded the apps, bought the books, and Googled all sorts of 'schtuff' . . . but having your own personal insight will be a great pairing to what has already begun. I highly respect your opinions.

Was feeling pretty confident about some of the tour plans to propose to some others on the same sailing, as we contract a few tours to give us the most 'flavor' of the island during the time we're there. I have a strong suspicion that your input will create a few changes.

Thanks again (sincerely) for all your efforts here. :) . :)

Glad to know that I still so many of you here, I would think that a few people would be bored by now. Unfortunately I had to work and that delayed this process a little. Hopefully tomorrow I can finish day 2 :).

I'm a little behind right now....weather has been great and pulling me outdoors....plus there have been many extra activities at school....etc.

But I LOVE your review! Not getting bired here! and please stop appologizing! thank you for sharing!

At first I was wishing you could post it all within the week, Sunday on Sunday, day 2 Monday, etc. but I'm glad you're making it last longer! It might be too much otherwise! I was keeping up most of the week, but life keeps getting in the way! I'm glad I'm not TOOO far behind!

Gambee,

Love this picture! It was like you superimposed yourself on the back drop to add to the mystery of Gambee. Perhaps someday we will see you. (like Charlie from Charlie's Angels). It also is so appropriate that it is the photo gallery. Planned or by accident, I think it is neat.

1 question since I have not sailed NCL prior to free style. Are the MDR's open seating (come when you want) or the traditional assigned seating's with early & late?

Love the review so far. Keep it up, we thank you for your efforts. Have a fun day at work :rolleyes:

Bill

The dining rooms are open seating.

Thank you so much or the pictures of he accessible ocean view. I ill be in one on June 30. You may not have any pics, but could you give me any feedback on the bathroom. Are there plenty of grab bars. Is the floor non slip?

Also...and please remember I am a first time cruiser who will be using a scooter. I have a few questions

1. Is it always so windy and noisy outside?

2. Why are there glass Dividers to disrupt the traffic flow

3. When you get to the end, how do you get around the chess set

I am sure to have more questions...as always, thank you

Warmly,

Carolyn:o

Edited by PalmBeachOrBust
Spelling

Thank you so much or the pictures of he accessible ocean view. I ill be in one on June 30. You may not have any pics, but could you give me any feedback on the bathroom. Are there plenty of grab bars. Is the floor non slip?

Also...and please remember I am a first time cruiser who will be using a scooter. I have a few questions

1. Is it always so windy and noisy outside?

2. Why are there glass Dividers to disrupt the traffic flow

3. When you get to the end, how do you get around the chess set

I am sure to have more questions...as always, thank you

Warmly,

Carolyn:o

1. The wind and noise are most likely exacerbated by the camera. The wind noise isn't like that when you are in it usually.

2. Glass partitions are used to cut the force of the wind particularly when it is strong. When it is very windy when you are at sea it can push you back, the dividers help cut that effect.

Hope you have a blast on your cruise!! I'm sure you will love it!

I am not sure what happened that night, but that is no way to treat a customer. Shame on you for making me feel like that after I was having such a great time. NCL check your employees attitudes! By the way, this was not the only bad encounter that I had with customer service, I will get into that later. And for the record, I don't think I have ever complained about something like this on my other reviews. Actually I think I only complained once about service in my reviews. I have a very high tolerance for bad service as I am aware of that it takes being in that position. But when you're rude to me, well that is my breaking point.

Hi Gambee!!!

Such a superb review as always! And I am the same way to a point with receiving bad behavior or rudeness from the ships staff. A little suggestion that others may have mentioned about how to handle a rude employee. I always carry my iPhone with me in my back pocket just in case I need to take a quicky picture. Well, do just that with the rude employee. Take out your cell phone, take their picture, then go online and post it to the cruise lines Facebook page with their name. I'm sure that would take care of any attitude adjustment they may need. I understand about having a 'bad day' sometimes, but don't take it out on the customer, especially face to face.

Pretty much all the well-deserved normal possible positive adjectives have been used for your pictorial input, so I'm now relegated to create a new one . . .

let's see . . .

Ubermondodynafantabulous!! :D

Or, just simply Thank You - Thank You - Thank You!

Will be using your presentation for assistance with pre-planning my own Bermuda sailing on Norwegian Breakaway in September. I downloaded the apps, bought the books, and Googled all sorts of 'schtuff' . . . but having your own personal insight will be a great pairing to what has already begun. I highly respect your opinions.

Was feeling pretty confident about some of the tour plans to propose to some others on the same sailing, as we contract a few tours to give us the most 'flavor' of the island during the time we're there. I have a strong suspicion that your input will create a few changes.

Thanks again (sincerely) for all your efforts here. :) . :)

AGREED!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Gambee,

Thank you for another fantastic review. I have read all of yours so far. This is the first time I have not started reading after you review has been finished. It is nice to be 'live' with it but I am not liking having to wait for each next post. You are doing a fantastic job. I have only sailed RCI so far so am using your reviews as the measure of whether to try other lines or to stick with Royal. For this reason I am looking forward to your comparison and views at the end but, at the same time, I don't want your review to ever finish.

Keep up the good work..... the sooner the better :D

Although I'm 150+ days away from my Breakaway voyage, I feel like I'm already on vacation and now more excited than ever! Fantastic review! I'm always so appreciative of everyone's reviews and photos - here you are on vacation and you're answering all of our questions! I'm dragging my SIL on her very first cruise this November and these pictures are helping tremendously... she is very cruise shy but I convinced her to book and now her family won't let her cancel (despite her nervousness over a multitude of bad cruise news as of late).

Looking forward to the rest of your review and looking for advice on which specialty to book for a birthday celebration...

We'll be celebrating 3 birthdays on this cruise! I will turn 40 :D just 2 days before we board, and my brother will celebrate his birthday while onboard and my daughter turns 11 the day we arrive home so besides it being my brother's family's first cruise, we have lots to celebrate! :) :) :)

gambee like you and many on here I am a massive cruise fan and so excitedly enjoying your past, current and future reviews. The breakaway I have been so excited about , I have been a major cruise aficando since I was young and now have been on several cruises.

I am wanting to go on Breakaway later this year , NYC is a short flight from my post in Canada and I ve had friends through a special youth journalism group in CT doing amazing work, i go frequently , wonder what the best vantage point to see th Breakaway while docked and the sail away is ? I will be in NYC for a weekend visit next week and enjoy visiting the Manahttan terminal and especially excited for the Breakaway. Maybe one of those sightseeing cruises would be a good idea or I see there are several parksin the area, next time i hope to go onboard for real, in June I get to go on several ships at a travel conference i attend :) Thanks so much

Cabincop: Thank you :)

Dandy7: Thank you for adding that information about Vibe. Lo, I honestly did not noticed there, I will go back and look at the picture that you're talking about.

Cruzinlady1947: Yeah those balconies really leave you with a sense of whats coming next. Thank you, glad you liked the video. I have a few more videos to post here.

BettyCruiser: Yes, the clamshells are the cabanas. But they do look nice since they have storage and a clear view of the ocean. I am sure they will be a smashing success.

hpcorari: That's what I though, thank you.

noshoobie: Thank you so much, I think I got some amazing pictures of Bermuda. Hope everyone enjoys them :-).

skitt1321: Cool, thank you. I had no idea as what they were used for.

mdaviswv: I will get into all the info about the internet in Bermuda when I hit day 4. It is very simple to use and you get good speeds.

MAZ100: Thank you :-). I have pictures of the raw bar menu, I am just not sure on which day I took them. But I promise to post them as soon as I come across them. There is no menu for the uptown grill, but I loved the food there. Your items are the basic grill food.

topanaga49er: No worries, my bf thinks I am obsessed with cruising, I think that is the case for many of us in this forum :D. To be honest I am not sure, I never tried to purchase pictures over there. Sorry :-/. Plus I had no Idea the Allure had that.

cruzccl: I have never seen Charlie's Angels, lol. That picture was pure accident. I just wanted to take the pic of the sign. All NCL MDR rooms are open seating.

Relic2: lol, very funny :D.

FTLAUDER: Oh my my my, you picked the wrong review to make that bet. I did not order one drink on this cruise… We mixed our own. I am not even sure that there will be any olives in this review :-/

soaringfalcon: The waterfront was indeed very very nice, but we did not use it nearly as much as we thought we would.

retiring soon: You will have to wait for the comparison ;-). Btw, I am also very curious of what I will think of Carnival, I hear great things and then some horrible things as well. We got a great deal and we are going to some Amazing ports, hopefully everything goes smoothly. Thank you for your kind words,

DGP1111: Thank you very much :). I am really glad that all my work is going into good use. There is much more to come, stay put =). The funny thing about Bermuda is that most of my plans changed once we got there, I am not sure what it was. But overall we had an amazing time in Bermuda.

English101: Glad you're still here, I am hoping I can get some of day 3 started today :)

Cruisin2Sun: lol, glad you like it, thank you =)

PalmBeachOrBust: Sorry I did not see the bathrooms, but I can tell you that from talking to a handicap lady, I gathered some good info. She said that the ship is very handicap accessible, she was very happy with the overall cruise. 1. Not really, well it is windy when the ocean is rough. Noisy comes from the wind, but there where some calm days. We just had bad weather during a good part of the cruise. 2. The glass dividers are to break the wind, without them I am sure it would be a real mess out there. 3. Yes, there is a nice path for the scooter to go around it, no worries you will just fine. This ship seemed to be built thinking a lot for handicapped folks. Let me know if you have more questions, =)

dmwnc1959: Hello Dave, nice to see you here. Yeah the event was unfortunate, I am not sure if he knew he was being rude. But in any case I hate doing things that will aggravate me even more, it just seemed like they had no interest in helping me out whatsoever. It was a good thing that I was able to forget about it and still have a great cruise :).

milpston: I am glad you're enjoying the review, I agree with you that waiting for installments of review is not a lot of fun. I think I like them better when I join the party late. I hope you get a good feel of what NCL has to offer, and possibly it my steer you into trying them at some point.

Weeziblu: Thank you very much =), I hope your SIL manages to relax and have a great time. Hummmm a favorite restaurant, I think I will have to think about that, but I really loved Teppa. It seems like a great environment to celebrate 3 brays.

Canuckcruiser16: For sail away I would say the waterfront aft, that has to be great. And while it is docked in Bermuda? Well I would say the Maritime Museum is great or from a boat, which is where I got some good pictures of Breakaway.

Gambee: I think you are THE CruiseCritic not just A CruiseCritic! Question: Were you able to use the $15 Bermuda Internet while on the ship, or did you have to go out into the dockyard to get coverage?

Day 3 pictures selected and edited, now I have to start organizing and writing.

Day 3 was a very relaxing one, I think I have the least amount of pics for that day. Should go by fairly fast.

Gambee: I think you are THE CruiseCritic not just A CruiseCritic! Question: Were you able to use the $15 Bermuda Internet while on the ship, or did you have to go out into the dockyard to get coverage?

No, the coverage is not wide enough to reach the ship. They claim that they are expanding soon, and it should cover more of the dockyard. By the way there are several points of access, I think I remember getting signal in Hamilton as well.