!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

You know it's a quiet Friday at work if I manage to read 40 of the 65 pages at my desk. Yes, I interrupted to do real work, but then went back to reading.

Gambee, really enjoying your report. And really enjoyed your Allure report as well. I have been considering trying Breakaway with my kids as I live in NJ so an easy trip over but my kids are spoiled....yes spoiled.

They have mostly sailed on Freedom class Royal ships and they have freshwater for their pools and flowrider. They are terribly resistant to any ship that has salt water. You did the pools and slides...are they all saltwater and did you notice that it was a big deal? I'd love to try and get a decent rate for one trip between now and next April when we sail on Allure for spring break. It's just too long from my last cruise (end of March this year) to the next one.

Can't wait for your last installments.

[img

I had a really good dinner with them, it was the perfect way to end a great 3 days in Bermuda. When it came to pay they refused to let me pay, it was the least I could of done after they gave me their wine/Champagne. But I guess they will be here in Florida one day and I will more than happy to take them out for dinner, I hope we have food that is as good as New York's food :D.

Thank you so very much for a wonderful dinner, I really had a great time. I hope we can get to travel again one day. You just never know, this is a small world after all.

I wish I was lucky enough to meet folks like them during all our voyages.

The pleasure was all ours. We had a wonderful time.

It was truly a pleasure to meet you and The Mama Gambee.:D

I finally got caught up. I love the way NCL welcomes back the passengers when leaving the port....too bad we only leave the one port.

Loved looking at all the pictures...just a short four months to go for me.:D

Thank you for all your time and dedication in this review! Wonderful job!:)

How did they get what looks like a knitted sweater around the branches? Did anyone tell you about this? I love it, looks like a person in a handknit sweater!

I have not idea, and wondered that myself.

Your poor mom LOL I am sitting here laughing so hard! Everything that poor lady tries to eat, ends up on the floor or on the ipad :D

We can't have a trip without something spilling if you know what I mean.

Thank you for being a part of this review.

Grand finale is coming up. I wish I could insert a poll here, but I can't figure out how to do it ... so, we'll just do it this way.

Which ship do you think is Gambee's favorite? Allure or Breakaway?

Just post your answer and we'll see who wins at the end :D

I vote for Allure.

I vote for the Silhouette........even though it's not part of your "poll"! :eek:

You know it's a quiet Friday at work if I manage to read 40 of the 65 pages at my desk. Yes, I interrupted to do real work, but then went back to reading.

Gambee, really enjoying your report. And really enjoyed your Allure report as well. I have been considering trying Breakaway with my kids as I live in NJ so an easy trip over but my kids are spoiled....yes spoiled.

They have mostly sailed on Freedom class Royal ships and they have freshwater for their pools and flowrider. They are terribly resistant to any ship that has salt water. You did the pools and slides...are they all saltwater and did you notice that it was a big deal? I'd love to try and get a decent rate for one trip between now and next April when we sail on Allure for spring break. It's just too long from my last cruise (end of March this year) to the next one.

Can't wait for your last installments.

The slides and jacuzzis had Fresh water. I am unsure of the pools, I do t remember ever going in them. But they were heated, I imagine that water comes from the same fresh water source?

I finally got caught up. I love the way NCL welcomes back the passengers when leaving the port....too bad we only leave the one port.

Loved looking at all the pictures...just a short four months to go for me.:D

Thank you for all your time and dedication in this review! Wonderful job!:)

I too love that from NCL. I think that is something that I truly enjoy about their line. Wish other lines did it as well.

Thank you for being a part of this :)

How did they get what looks like a knitted sweater around the branches? Did anyone tell you about this? I love it, looks like a person in a handknit sweater!

They are knitted pieces and are they sewn on to the tree. It is called yarnbomming. It is very popular all over the world but it can get the knitters in trouble sometimes.

Gambee, I have been following your posts from day one. I want to thank you, for the terrific pictures and information. I do have one question with the shows you book. Do they scan your card when you walk in. I know that's how it worked on Oasis and Allure .Thank you again, that was a lot of hard work....

For those wondering I was right on top of the kids pool, I think we got a great view of the fireworks from there.

Note to self: Head straight for "on top of Kids pool". I like that it was much less crowded. You only need a good view of the sky, and looks like you got it from where you and mom were.

Gambee, I have been following your posts from day one. I want to thank you, for the terrific pictures and information. I do have one question with the shows you book. Do they scan your card when you walk in. I know that's how it worked on Oasis and Allure .Thank you again, that was a lot of hard work....

Yeah they scan the card there before you enter. Actually they guy in there was really nice.

Thank you for your kind words.

Note to self: Head straight for "on top of Kids pool". I like that it was much less crowded. You only need a good view of the sky, and looks like you got it from where you and mom were.

I think that is possibly the best spot in the ship. Either there or the freestyle deck. Andreas got pictures from the freestyle deck and they also came out very nice.

Grand finale is coming up. I wish I could insert a poll here, but I can't figure out how to do it ... so, we'll just do it this way.

I vote for Allure.

Baby's Mom votes Allure

On the Oasis last month they were scanning... but it was "for looks" as the very first night one of the girls scanning let it slip that the system was on the fritz. I tested it later in the sailing, getting scanned for one of the shows that I did not have a reservation for. The girl said "OK, you're all set"... ;)

The only place that they were not scanning was at the comedy show. They had an "old fashioned" paper list where they checked your name off.

I understand that RCI is stopping, at least on some ships (?), the reservations for shows. Makes you wonder why (too much effort... the system is not reliable... etc...)? !

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

I vote for Allure.

As far as I can tell you can only post a poll when starting a new thread...doesn't appear as if there is a way to do it in an existing one.

My vote is for Breakaway

Gambee ...

THANKS for the videos of the FIREWORKS ... we missed it on our 2-nt Inaugural due to the weather ... but I could definitely get the *feel* of it :p

GREAT JOB on the review ... makes me want to get back onto the ship ... before my next sailing in November :)

And my vote is ... BREAKAWAY ... but Allure is definitely a very close second ;)

Heya guys, how are you?

Gambee sent me a text a little bit ago to ask everyone to please not post in this thread your vote for which cruise he liked better.

Since he is at work, he asked me to start a new thread/poll in the NCL boards for him. Please vote here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1858625

Thanks guys!

Heya guys, how are you?

Gambee sent me a text a little bit ago to ask everyone to please not post in this thread your vote for which cruise he liked better.

Since he is at work, he asked me to start a new thread/poll in the NCL boards for him. Please vote here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1858625

Thanks guys!

Excellent idea! I'll be headed there shortly to vote

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forums mobile app