!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

DSC06892_zps1940d9cf.jpg

DSC06893_zpsf5ff333d.jpg

And here is the entrance to the two restaurants. The funny thing is that I don't think I got more pictures of those two restaurants. However in my video tour/review on day 7 I go in there and a nice video of the area.

DSC06894_zpsd12bcf13.jpg

OK lets, Gambee's first meet and greet. Let me start by saying that I was a nervous wreck, I don't usually do very well in big group gatherings. So I really did not know what to expect. I walked in and wrote my name down and my moms as well. Immediately I spotted Slice and her husband, that helped me relax a little. While I was in line, fishbait said hi and she said that I looked nothing like she imagined me like. At some point she thought I was a girl :D, that got a good laugh of me ;).

I decided to make a dash for the table that Slice was sitting at and then I met EbonyHeart. Please correct me if I am confusing screen names, like I said my memory with names is horrible and I was so nervous that I did not take one note during that time.

We started talking a little and Xena approached me to say hi, all very nice folks. She asked me to sign up for the Heaven tour and get a name tag, I did neither as once again I was too nervous to even get up of that chair. Please don't laugh at me, but I really can't remember the last time that I was in a group like that. I do it at times at work, but I know everyone so the experience is much different.

By the way a big shootout to Xenagurl for all the work you put into our roll call, thank you =).

If I remember correctly the officers were walking around the tables saying "Hi", but not much beyond that. The turnout must of been around 30-40, I think but not entirely sure. Soon after Julie started talking, she did not talk to much. But the overall feeling of her speech was simple. NCL really appreciates CC and she really wanted it to make it a point to tell NCL if anything is going not as expected so they can fix it then and make the experience better. She was very specific about us allowing them to fix it, before coming here and blasting NCL away with bad reviews. After her little speech she introduced the officers and that was it. The officers did not talk or stay there much longer.

Then Julie started walking around the tables. So let me be a little delicate with this, I had no intentions in talking to her much more than a simple hello. But having her demonstrate such concern for how our cruise was going, I decided to approach her and talk to her about Blue and my issues with customer service. Trust me when I tell that it took a lot from me stand up and introduce myself to her. Not so much because it is her, but by standing up I become almost like the center of attention. It was a good thing that most everyone was busy talking about other things in their own groups.

Anyway, she was very approachable, I explained her my situation and how frustrated I was about it. She looked concerned the entire time and very open, she is very easy to talk to and I like that. The problem is that I did not like her response one bit, basically she referred me to another person and maybe they could fix the problem. I believe she gave me the number of the restaurant manager. So some of you might be saying, well she did the right thing and referred you to the person that might be able to fix it. But this is the thing, I was sick and tired of dealing with this issue. The issue was dead to me until she started saying "let me know and we will fix it for you" in her speech. That was the only reason that I decided to actually bring it up, I was hoping that she would be the last person that I had to talk to, in order to get this issue resolved. Instead I got told to keep on trying, that way when I got more "no, sorry sir" I got more frustrated. So let it be said that at the time I was not happy with her at all. And no, I did not try to contact anyone else about that issue ever again. If anything I tried to forget about the entire ordeal.

That said, I think Julie is the best cruise director I've ever seen. The funny thing is that my two favorite cruise directors are Julia and Candy, and they are both from NCL. So NCL must be doing a great job selecting their CDs.

The amount of energy that Julie radiated was just incredible, in addition to that, you should of seen her dancing just before sail away in Bermuda. Oh, wait a minute, I have a video of that, you will get to see her :).

So in conclusion, I thought the meet was just ok. I think I was to nervous to really appreciate anything and in addition to that my encounter with Julie was blahhhhhh at best.

After the meet and greet we had planned a cabin crawl, I think there were maybe about 15-20 of us going around several cabins. The bad news is that I failed to get a lot of pictures. Taking pictures in cabin crawls is a little hard. The overall tour was fun, we got to talk to a few CC member all very nice.

First we stopped by the S7. It was a nice room, but I think I like the S6 much much more. Although I am not even sure at the price difference. Overall it felt much more compact than the S6, but I bet that is due to the tinny hull balcony. Other than that the bathroom looked nice and it had all the same things as the S6 had, like that fancy coffee maker and a nice big TV.

The bad news? I have almost no good pictures of this suite :-/, sorry

DSC07004_zpsb16a7d99.jpg

Balcony

DSC06997_zpsf108d19c.jpg

There was a forward window in this room

DSC06999_zpse8331b6e.jpg

Very nice light fixture

DSC07001_zps0ee11b8d.jpg

DSC07002_zpsaeb7deaf.jpg

Bad pictures, I know sorry :-/

Then we went to a mini suite. My honest opinion is that these rooms should not be labeled like that, maybe deluxe balcony sounds better. It felt about the same as our room, with the difference of the bathroom, which was really nice. They also reported that the water pressure on their shower was amazing. That is a welcomed change after the dripping water that comes out of my shower,

DSC07007_zpsa63eb14f.jpg

DSC07008_zps14092cab.jpg

DSC07009_zps37433389.jpg

I think we are on deck 11

DSC07011_zps14630b72.jpg

DSC07012_zps427a5962.jpg

DSC07013_zps93536fcd.jpg

DSC07023_zpsde4e636e.jpg

DSC07024_zps2078c1e1.jpg

DSC07025_zpsaf672b55.jpg

Oh, the first room of the tour was a balcony, I did not take any pics f that one because it was the same as mine, without the huge balcony.

Now this room is a balcony where the hump starts, so the slanted balcony is larger.

DSC07026_zpsaab2a7c7.jpg

DSC07027_zps8dd089f8.jpg

DSC07031_zpse1cf7452.jpg

Much better than the regular balcony, but still smaller than other ships I've sailed.

I did not like that placement, just horrible. You can barely get in the closet. They said that putting everything into the closet was a bit of a struggle.

DSC07029_zps7067ecd6.jpg

Then we did an ocean view room.

DSC07035_zps2a96a8af.jpg

DSC07036_zps5c5b56ad.jpg

DSC07039_zps105610b4.jpg

DSC07040_zps8db0e4e3.jpg

And I also managed to get you folks a picture of a handicap ocean view room. Not the best picture, but it will do. They were huge.

DSC07047_zps1bd1ce43.jpg

DSC07042_zps1b012b40.jpg

The other room in the tour was my room, but for the tour of that one you will have to wait until day 6 or 7. Can't remember right now when it was. But I have a full tour for you, no worries.

It is a shame that I missed the last room (studio) and the lunch with CC members. A couple wanted to see our room, since they had missed it, so we went and showed it to them.

After all that I was actually a little tired, Gambee had been exposed to an incredible amount of stress in those hours. The good news is that I don't think I will ever miss a meet and greet from now on, well or so I think. Who knows, overall it was a great time and I met a lot of wonderful people. Fun times.

So mom and I then headed to the sushi bar to have lunch. I had been dying to try out a roll that had sweet shrimp in it. I think I found the menu online a few months ahead of time and my mouth watered when thought of that roll. By the way, I love sweet shrimp!

DSC07048_zps1831291f.jpg

DSC07050_zps0266853a.jpg

DSC07051_zpsb88c4ecb.jpg

DSC07052_zpsba8646b5.jpg

DSC07053_zpsae8a6fdd.jpg

DSC07054_zpsd570551b.jpg

DSC07055_zps37025d4c.jpg

I always had my travel mug with me, and you know what it had inside. This system worked great for me. I spend a total of $160 in liquor in this cruise, that is be the way the same amount that I spent on my 3 day cruise last year. By buying a bottle you know that you're not being served weak overpriced drinks. I think I will do this from now on. On the Allure, I think I spend close to $400 in drinks, if you include the wine package.

DSC07056_zpsf4b7df86.jpg

So back to wasabi, the service was very good and prompt. Actually when I sat down I ask the people next me if it was fast service, and they said yes. I was so hungry and I just wanted to eat fast.

DSC07057_zps15af266a.jpg

I ordered the sweet shrimp roll, which by the way was NOT sweet shrimp! it was just steamed shrimp, had I known this I would had ordered the scallop roll. That was a true disappointment. I also ordered hamachi sushi and octopus sashimi. Overall the food was great, I just wished they did not advertised a product like that. No I never said anything, I rarely complain about food.

Here is another angle

DSC07058_zpsbf1cffd0.jpg

Mom ordered Yakitori, super tasty! The squid ones were mine.

DSC07061_zps12dbba22.jpg

DSC07062_zpsce4de288.jpg

I remember having a little discussion with my neighbor over the tips. It all started because I asked the server if any tip was included in the price of the food, and just like I though it wasn't . And they only add 15% to the drink order, as you all know I always tip extra. The couple next to me, started going at it, that they already tip daily, and they want more, blah blah blah. I simply said its personal, you tip as you like.

Since I did not eat all the roll, I was still a little hungry, so we decided to try blue takeout.

DSC07063_zps1549aedf.jpg

DSC07064_zpsab4670e1.jpg

We sat down while we waited.

DSC07072_zps43184333.jpg

DSC07074_zps11741a75.jpg

We ordered one portion of toast, it was ok. I am not a fan of olives other than in my drinks.

DSC07077_zps3b21c07b.jpg

And the tostada was absolutely FABULOUS!!!! OMG SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!! Getting hungry now,lol.

DSC07078_zpsb6c6e59c.jpg

By the way, we never ordered the lobster roll, but the people next to me did. It is made with mustard and the bun is half a bun, not a full one. However, it looked fat, like thick and with a good amount of lobster in it. If I saw correctly the bun has cheese backed on the outside. I wish I had tried it, it looked very tasty.

That was a long set.... I can't believe how much I have to write about. I think it was because I have so much more information to share, mainly because I was so much more social than in past cruises.

Going to get something to eat, and I will try to post another set before work.

That was a long set.... I can't believe how much I have to write about. I think it was because I have so much more information to share, mainly because I was so much more social than in past cruises.

What?? No! Get back here!! ;)

Thanks Gambee :)

YankeeFan4Ever: Thank you very much, definitely much more work than my other reviews.

SissasMomE: No, I have not stated which on is my favorite yet. I will put in the conclusion section.

wmp.ddl: Well thank you for the kind words =). We are indeed very lucky to live Ft. Lauderdale and making cursing so easy without airfare.

MyDogRudy: You never know, after the review you might be interested in sailing NCL ;-). Have a great time aboard the Silli.

traveling: The coffee maker is one of those fancy ones that makes all sort of drinks, or so I think lol. I guess I could ask Shaun and get more detailed info. Thank you for reading the review :-)

JMC62: WOW, your second post, thank you so very much for that. =). Love your avatar!

Shaun: My work schedule is messing up with more than just that, lol :D

luvcruise50: You're welcome

Bermuda8553: No there were no machines for sodas, for that you have to go to the bar. RCCL is just now deploying them in their ships.

soaringfalcon: Yeah I have to say that customer service was our one huge flaw in this cruise, very disappointing.

S.C: Allure if much much bigger. But the Breakaway is still a large ship.

NVR777: I might have to ask for that next time, the apps all looked great.

Mkehlb: hmmmmm, I can't remember seeing them. But I will look through my pictures.

swim13: That's funny, that is how all my coworkers feel when I tell them that I am taking another cruise, AGAIN!?!? lol. Non cruisers, just don't understand us ;)

mamagina: Yeah i heard the portions on Blue are very tinny, but I still would off loved to tried it. I just wrote about telling her about my thing so no complains came up and well you already know the answer she gave me, I was disappointed with julie at that point. By the way I called the head of something for the light and the light did not get fixed either! the light issue was something big! In all honesty I just did not feel like dealing with people and more "no" as an answer. so I just let it go. I tried, I really did.

Crowemommy: thank you, I hope you have a great cruise :)

Journey11: Thank you so much for the kind words, I learned to use the different print from another great reviewer. Thanks for keeping up with me :).

PalmBeachOrBust: I am not sure, sorry. I never ordered a drink in this cruise.

lubiya: You're very welcome.

Edited by gambee

"But the overall feeling of her speech was simple. NCL really appreciates CC and she really wanted it to make it a point to tell NCL if anything is going not as expected so they can fix it then and make the experience better. She was very specific about us allowing them to fix it, before coming here and blasting NCL away with bad reviews.

Then Julie started walking around the tables. So let me be a little delicate with this, I had no intentions in talking to her much more than a simple hello. But having her demonstrate such concern for how our cruise was going, I decided to approach her and talk to her about Blue and my issues with customer service.

Anyway, she was very approachable, I explained her my situation and how frustrated I was about it. She looked concerned the entire time and very open, she is very easy to talk to and I like that. The problem is that I did not like her response one bit, basically she referred me to another person and maybe they could fix the problem."

I understand your frustration... I would have been aggravated and not gone any further!

Edited by mamagina

DSC06969_zpsba7bbbb4.jpg

You would never catch me booking a room here!

DSC06971_zpsf2b6c845.jpg

I honestly can't get over how small those balconies are!:([/quote

]

Me either! They should plant flowers and call it a window box!!!! :eek: