Westerdam "MDR" TEMPERATURE ?????

marydallas

You should bring a wrap in case you want one.

All of our preference in temperature varies and what I call comfortable (and I did find Westerdam's MDR to be a good temperature for me) you may find chilly.

on recent cruises, I have found the Explorers lounge- in the evening, listing to Adagio Strings - the library and the theater to be somewhat cold - always bring a shawl, wrap, etc as when you are sitting around and not mobile, you will feel colder....

Just returned from the Westerdam and our table was on the railing and it was very cold, but when walking through the dining room, other areas felt warmer.

We, too, are just off Westerdam, and had a railing table. Even with a sweater, I found it to be chilly. It is a beautiful ship----but all the public areas were cooler than we would have liked. Pack so that you can layer and be comfortable.

Please forgive me for the "caps" my eyesight is very poor and i can see what i type if i use caps. Again, i know i shouldn't...but hope i am forgiven. Thanks for your advice. Mary

Hi Mary. Before you start to type your message, click on 'size' at the top of the message board. I am using '4' for this message.

This is size 5.

Do take a wrap with you to the dinning room. Enjoy your cruise.

Just came off 35 days on the Westerdam and there is no simple answer to your question. The temperature in the MDR seems to vary (in a big way) depending on your location in the dining room. There are some pretty cold places....but if you happen to be in the aft end (center) of the MDR (against the aft windows) it can get quite warm. Since we took advantage of the anytime dining option (we know that there is a least one HA cheerleader that does not like this term) we never knew where we would be seated for dinner. DW usually took a wrap just in case :)

Hank

Archived