Carnival Sunshine Question

Cruiser-66

I'm sorry to be repeating myself. We are booked on the Sunshine for an upcoming cruise. We are on Lido deck in a balcony cabin, which I've been told has no refrigerator. We need the refrigerator for medication. I called Carnival and they told me we could keep the meds at Guest Services. I'm uncomfortable leaving it there, and it would definitely be an inconvenience! I asked them what cabins in that area have refrigerators, so we could switch. The person said she would have to pull each cabin up one by one to find out. I was about ready to tell her to get busy, but was able to be nice. Is there any way to find this out? Why would they put refrigerators in some cabins, and not others on the same deck? Hopefully before we sail someone will have some answers. Someone mentioned a cooler, but I really don't care to carry more, since we will be flying in.

Hi I'm am not sure what meds you are on. But we have stored insulin in our cabin (as well as in extreme conditions including the arctic and camping in 30-40oC) in a Frio. This can be used in very extreme conditions including camping in the desert and climbing Everest.

May help you - not sure.

I believe the 'new' cabins added to the Sunshine and the suites have fridges in them.

I also understand there are 'portable' fridges - approx 7 on board that you can 'ask' for - I am not sure why that is not being offered to you? Maybe call Guest services - or special needs dept and ask if they can get a fridge delivered to your cabin so you can stores your meds.

good luck!

They have a few spare refrigerators available on the sunshine. The minute you get on board go straight to GS and get one. SS did this (not for med purposes) on his sunshine trip last week. Or if you can organize this before hand.

They have a few spare refrigerators available on the sunshine. The minute you get on board go straight to GS and get one. SS did this (not for med purposes) on his sunshine trip last week. Or if you can organize this before hand.

I believe the 'new' cabins added to the Sunshine and the suites have fridges in them.

I also understand there are 'portable' fridges - approx 7 on board that you can 'ask' for - I am not sure why that is not being offered to you? Maybe call Guest services - or special needs dept and ask if they can get a fridge delivered to your cabin so you can stores your meds.

good luck!

I appreciate everyone trying to help me! What I'm most bothered by is if some of the cabins on deck 9 have refrigerators in them, why can't they tell me which ones! I think I can arrange for a portable one to be brought in, but have heard not to as there isn't much place to put it and it puts off a lot of heat. Also very noisy! I guess that's what we will try and do if I can't find out which cabins have them built in.

I appreciate everyone trying to help me! What I'm most bothered by is if some of the cabins on deck 9 have refrigerators in them, why can't they tell me which ones! I think I can arrange for a portable one to be brought in, but have heard not to as there isn't much place to put it and it puts off a lot of heat. Also very noisy! I guess that's what we will try and do if I can't find out which cabins have them built in.

Can you move to a spa cabin.. the new cabins and spa cabins and suites have them.

Im not even sure I would trust if the rep did look up each cabin if the write up was correct or not.. as many cabin descriptions are not accurate.

quick note:- if you are asking carnival about a fridge then do not mention meds as they should never be stored in a fridge not tested and deemed suitable for that purpose. With that comes work- validation staudies etc., thus carnival will not give you a fridge for meds.

Just say you need cool drinks through the night due to air con.

My son needs his medication stored in a fridge also. You can not store it in the fridge that is in the cabins. The temperature does not get cold enough. I emailed Special Services and they replied back about 2 days later about our fridge.

My son needs his medication stored in a fridge also. You can not store it in the fridge that is in the cabins. The temperature does not get cold enough. I emailed Special Services and they replied back about 2 days later about our fridge.

Was that what their email said "You can not store it in the fridge that is in the cabins. The temperature does not get cold enough.", or was there more or something else in the email?

Detailed description of the Carnival Sunshine Cabins on Each Deck (ignore the first garbage line)

Aren't the mini-bars refrigerated?

:):):):)

yes, the mini bar is the same as the refrigs they are talking about. This ship and its class did not have them when it was built. Only the new and spa cabins got them in the upgrade. (suites already had them)

Archived