What would you change about RCI?

The first thing I would change is the website. I would then force better communication internally so that the left hand knows what the right hand is doing. No more booking agents being in the dark about scheduled dry docks, deck plan & room number changes, etc. I would then take upgrades away from the Revenue Dept and give upgrade priority to C&A members.

On board, the pool towel procedure would be changed immediately.

They could do with offering fresh baked pizzas and fresh burgers etc on the pool deck like Princess. If you only want a snack it's a pain to go to either the Windjammer for one of their usually cold tasteless burgers or down to Sorrento's on the Promenade for a frozen bland pizza.

Also as someone else mentioned, mini fridges that actually chill drinks..!!

Finally (and I know I'll probably get berated for this), I would get rid of the Rock Climbing Wall and the Flowrider on the Freedom Class ships and make some space for another pool. I just don't get why RCI split the main pool in two and loose so much space in between with decking that nobody can use.

But it's not.....you get six glasses of wine from a bottle and forty shots of liquor. That's why they won't adopt that one! Nice idea though........

Not quite. If you stay with a 750ml bottle, that's 25 shots, if you only pour 1oz shots. If you go to a 1.25 or 1.5 oz shot (more standard at bars), you're down to 13-18 shots from a 750ml bottle.

Not all of us are wine drinkers. So even if it was TWO bottles of wine but only ONE bottle of liquor, it would work for me.

They could do with offering fresh baked pizzas and fresh burgers etc on the pool deck like Princess. If you only want a snack it's a pain to go to either the Windjammer for one of their usually cold tasteless burgers or down to Sorrento's on the Promenade for a frozen bland pizza.

Finally (and I know I'll probably get berated for this), I would get rid of the Rock Climbing Wall and the Flowrider on the Freedom Class ships and make some space for another pool. I just don't get why RCI split the main pool in two and loose so much space in between with decking that nobody can use.

I was just thinking about the pizza on Princess, they are the best. RCI should take lessons.

The coffee

Agree.

So! To sum up.

People want topless sunbathing and everything to be cheaper, except the base price, and to be allowed to bring your own booze for free.

I will let RCCL know. :)

In other words, we are all pretty happy, but, of course, we want everything we can get for free!:)

In my opinion, you are SPOT ON! I am a pool snob so the one and only thing I hate about the twins are the pool areas. I get that there wasn't any room to make a fab pool area, but I sure as heck hope that Quantum will have one similar to what Princess is doing on the Royal Princess.

Also, the one thing I loved about Princess was their pizza...holy cow, is it good! Now why can't my favorite line do the same please!

I'd love for there to be a pool area that really resembles some of the finest pool areas in the world with lush surroundings and a real tropical feel. Maybe it's not possible, but I can dream.

Oh yeah, I'd like Diet Pepsi too instead of the Coke products but I know that won't change either and I'd like a nice little fridge that would keep my DP cold. That's all!

1. Ditto on the fresh pizza and burgers poolside like Princess!

2. Somehow...add more seating to the Windjammer.

3. Offer a competitive non-alcohol drink package like Princess

4. Stop the towel check-out and check-in

Not really complaining as I like Royal a lot. But, there is always things we can do better, right?

Another one who would change to no smoking on the balcony.

I'd like pool towels to be in the cabin on embarkation and not have to be "checked out."

I WISH escargot were back (not saying it's RCI's fault but this is a wish list)

I'd like iced drinks and iced towels distributed when we come back to the ship from Caribbean ports (like Celeb and Princess).

Except for the smoking, however, these are really minor "wishes". I'm pretty happy w/ the product.

Another one who would change to no smoking on the balcony.

I'd like pool towels to be in the cabin on embarkation and not have to be "checked out."

I WISH escargot were back (not saying it's RCI's fault but this is a wish list)

I'd like iced drinks and iced towels distributed when we come back to the ship from Caribbean ports (like Celeb and Princess).

Except for the smoking, however, these are really minor "wishes". I'm pretty happy w/ the product.

We had escargot every day for 8 days on Indy last week :-)

I'd go for raising the cruise price a tad bit in exchange for upgrading the food in the dining room and bringing back the pillow chocolate.

Agree 100%. The food in the dining room has been inedible. We have been on many cruises and are diamond status. I would much rather pay a higher price upfront for some quality food.

I have read the MDR has gone down hill ( like on Ncl). I dont mind paying for specialty venues as long as the food is good. I love le bistro on Ncl. Does Rci have something along those lines

IMHO, MDR's gotten a little better over the past decade. There's a bit more willingness to use spices in things, and there's regularly Indian options in addition to the good-but-staid Western European choices.

More civilized, plus the Windjammer gets overcrowded and it is sometimes very difficult to find a seat. Adding the MDR as an option would eliminate the overcrowding.

A lot of that overcrowding in the 'Jammer is simply "that's what's open" where people can plop down with their carry-on luggage and wait for their cabins to be ready. Most of the bar-tending staff, for example, is helping with embarkation, or I'd be heading up to the VC instead.

But it's not.....you get six glasses of wine from a bottle and forty shots of liquor. That's why they won't adopt that one! Nice idea though........

Less than half that. A shot's an ounce and half. 750ml of spirits is just over 25 ounces. So 16 shots and change.

Archived