Breakaway Pictures Inside - Including MDR Menus!

SliceOfLife

The much talked about balconette (Balcony) Yes it was small, but not as small as people were making it out to be. I moved the chairs around and it was much more roomy with the chairs pushed to the opposite sides. When there were right next to each other with the table there was still room for my husband and I to stand side by side and enjoy the view.

457_zps132845f9.jpg

221_zps54afe591.jpg

219_zpsaced6805.jpg

And a poor panoramic picture to try and show more details (taken from my iPhone)

458_zpsb4728175.jpg

Thank you so much - this is very helpful. I've never sailed Norwegian, so I am trying to get as much info as possible since Breakaway is out of our home port, but will be quite expensive. Did you generally like the food?

Love your review so far!

We are also in a mid mini & I was wondering how the space was between the couch/pullman and the closet. We will be traveling with our 2 boys (10 & 12) & I'm a little concerned with storage and getting into the closet when the beds are made up.

Thanks so much for taking the time & letting us join you on your vacation.

We are patiently counting down the days!

Monica

Thank you so much - this is very helpful. I've never sailed Norwegian, so I am trying to get as much info as possible since Breakaway is out of our home port, but will be quite expensive. Did you generally like the food?

Overall I thought the food was pretty good except our steaks at Cagney's. I know food is very subjective, is it a 5 star dining experience? No, Ocean Blue is, but all the other food was tasty and I wouldn't mind eating it all again. It beats having to cook all week!!

Love your review so far!

We are also in a mid mini & I was wondering how the space was between the couch/pullman and the closet. We will be traveling with our 2 boys (10 & 12) & I'm a little concerned with storage and getting into the closet when the beds are made up.

Thanks so much for taking the time & letting us join you on your vacation.

We are patiently counting down the days!

Monica

The space between the couch and the closet is maybe two feet? You can stand up and fit between the couch and the closet and access the closet without a problem. It might be a little squeeze, but it's doable.

Overall I thought the food was pretty good except our steaks at Cagney's. I know food is very subjective, is it a 5 star dining experience? No, Ocean Blue is, but all the other food was tasty and I wouldn't mind eating it all again. It beats having to cook all week!!

Was there Indian on the Buffett?

Wow! Even though I've eaten all day with Memorial Day, I'm hungry again looking at your pictures! My family is looking into possibly taking a cruise in 2015 to celebrate my sister's graduation and the Breakaway is one on the top of the list! She looks like a beautiful ship! We normally have sailed Carnival with the 4 of us in one balcony cabin. How are the cabins on Norwegian? Should we consider getting 2?

I asked about how consistent the menus are and I think they said there are 14 menus that are rotated so I think it's just random what days you'll will get.

If you read my review you can piece together which menu's are from what days. I alternated between my camera and iPhone while taking pictures so they became a jumbled mess. I have about 1,000 pictures I have to weed through and post so if I have time later I'll try and figure it out.

Thanks! I will definitely read your review and piece it together that way - I like puzzles. :D You have done so much already by taking and posting the pictures, please don't bother to figure it out -- I thought you might have known already.

Thanks again!

Brad

Wonderful pictures ... really enjoyed looking at the menus and food pics. The ship is beautiful also, but OH MY!! those food pics. Great job on the photography. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Cdn in KS

Was there Indian on the Buffett?

Yes, I did see Indian food, also Asian, Thai, not so much on the mexican food, and a bunch of other stuff. There is a big variety! I like that it changes everyday. They had some fun pizza combinations too.

any pics from Moderno? Did you enjoy it

I didn't take any at Moderno. It's not the most attractive plate settings to take a picture of. I did enjoy it, we went on the Epic, and this experience as the same. All the meats were really good, the side dishes are okay, I'd rather just eat the meat than the sides. The salad bar is amazing! You can easily stuff yourself on the salad bar alone.

Wow! Even though I've eaten all day with Memorial Day' date=' I'm hungry again looking at your pictures! My family is looking into possibly taking a cruise in 2015 to celebrate my sister's graduation and the Breakaway is one on the top of the list! She looks like a beautiful ship! We normally have sailed Carnival with the 4 of us in one balcony cabin. How are the cabins on Norwegian? Should we consider getting 2?[/quote']

I would go with 2 cabins. I can't imagine 4 adults in one balcony cabin, it would be a tight fit!

Thanks! I will definitely read your review and piece it together that way - I like puzzles. :D You have done so much already by taking and posting the pictures, please don't bother to figure it out -- I thought you might have known already.

Thanks again!

Brad

Enjoy that puzzle! Lol, I really did try to take them in order but after awhile it becomes tiresome to haul my huge camera around.

I'll be posting a lot more pictures tonight when I get home from work.

I asked about how consistent the menus are and I think they said there are 14 menus that are rotated so I think it's just random what days you'll will get.

If you read my review you can piece together which menu's are from what days. I alternated between my camera and iPhone while taking pictures so they became a jumbled mess. I have about 1,000 pictures I have to weed through and post so if I have time later I'll try and figure it out.

Thank you for all the menus foodie photos! :D

14 menus! I wish there's more than one menus with soufflé as dessert.

Thank you for all the menus foodie photos! :D

14 menus! I wish there's more than one menus with soufflé as dessert.

You're welcome :) I know everyone loves food pictures so I thought I would start off with those!

Next up, NYC pictures, ship details, and all sorts of other pictures.

Fabulous pictures, by the way. Gambee wasn't kidding when he said you take amazing photos!

Two silly questions for you...one, for the birthday package- were you able to tell them what day to set it up or was it decorated when you boarded? I asked about this when I ordered the package for my daughter (turning 13) and they said, no it is decorated for the day you board. :confused:

Second, do they have any kind of package for the photos they take? Like, can you get them on a usb drive or do they have a package of like 10 photos for a special price or something like that? I know how much they are individually, but was just curious.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and pictures!