American Empress: Alias Empress of the North

jlp20

Just discovered there will again be a paddle wheel ship on the West coast. The renamed American Empress has sailed befor for several years, so I am at a loss as finding deck plans somewhere on the web. Any leads, thanks

• 3 weeks later...

This article gives info on getting a brochure for the American Empress sailings.

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/travel/american-queen-gets-a-siblingsister-ship-american-/nX43B/

As the Empress of the North, she had a rocky history, with four groundings. I can recall some some of those being big news.

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Empress_of_the_North

An FYI I meant to add:

A paddlewheeler is crusing the west coast: at least in the Pacific NW on the Columbia-Snake River route. The Queen of the West, acquired in 2010 by Amercan Cruise Lines, renovated (including reducing it to 120 passengers) and now sailing. I just discovered this myself, and the reviews are good. We sailed that route in 2001 on the late Delta Steamship Co's then brand new Columbia Queen and loved the route and ship. I haven't been able to find the CQ, but I did find the Queen of the West. I don't think they're the same ship, since everything I find says the QWest was built in 1995, wile the CQueen was built in 2000.

SailorJM,

The Columbia Queen is still laying idle and not sold or back in service.

We sailed her in 2005 on the Columbia river and switched over to the Empress of the North the following week (but Alaska). Love the Columbia, Willamette and Snake rivers!

steamboats

Archived