"Never again in the Haven"

Nalagh

Wow, this was interesting to read as we booked an Aft Haven Suite on the Breakaway this summer. We've got 2 boys, 8 and 12, but we decided to try a Haven Suite for the first time as my DH doesn't like the crowded areas of ships. I just thought it would be a great way to have our meals in a quiet environment with better suite service. When we were in a suite on the Allure of the Seas, they did have very clear rules for their Concierge Club-Well Behaved Kids Only.

Wow, this was interesting to read as we booked an Aft Haven Suite on the Breakaway this summer. We've got 2 boys, 8 and 12, but we decided to try a Haven Suite for the first time as my DH doesn't like the crowded areas of ships. I just thought it would be a great way to have our meals in a quiet environment with better suite service. When we were in a suite on the Allure of the Seas, they did have very clear rules for their Concierge Club-Well Behaved Kids Only.

The Haven at its best provides an atmosphere of class and tranquillity while maintaining a relaxed feel. The misters are amazing on hot sea days and the pool is refreshing as are the fruit skewers served daily. The valet is always on hand to serve with impeccable service.

I hope that these issues are resolved prior to your sailing, and you get to experience the wonders of the Haven as it is intended to be!

Happy planning,

Cherie

Blame the parents!

I do blame the parents, but NCL needs to provide the marketed product and have the means to ensure it. All I am requesting is some form of quality control prior to purchasing my next Haven vacation.

Cherie

Trying to post haven pictures but I need to keep trying...

I was able to see your photobucket thing by clicking the link....that's a fricken amazing room! holy cow...I'd never leave lol (that was in no way supposed to detract from your annoyance at the experience you had in the 'public' area btw)

For this very reason we have chosen not to book a room in "The Haven" (We were thinking about the owners suite too) We figure it is a 50/50 chance of there being kids and even though the Haven is promoted as a "tranquil" place, the addition of kids may mean just the opposite (there are some well behaved kids out there!). I do understand that families do pay to use the Haven as well and that is okay, and if they want to let their kids run amok, that might be okay but NCL promotes the Haven as a nice quiet place and a place to relax but if you have ever seen the pool full of kids, the Haven is anything but quiet. The problem are the family suites are there so maybe they need to change that down the road?

I strongly recommend everyone that has a concern to write a letter

shaun07,

Glad you got a responce so quickly, kinda thought you might. :)

You are absolutely correct,if everyone who has a concern were to make NCL aware of this issue, hopefully they will correct it. Thus making the Haven a pleasant experience, for all.

All the best and happy cruising. ;)

We were going to book with NCL and the haven for our Med cruise this summer but looking at either Seaborn or Windstar instead.

My goal is not to deter anyone from booking the Haven, rather to inform fellow CC members so that we find a solution. I want NCL to ensure their product as marketed, or to create transparency as to their vision of the Havens of today.

I have never been aware of these issues on the Jade, and I think you should try it. The Haven in its original concept is amazing. :)

We were going to book with NCL and the haven for our Med cruise this summer but looking at either Seaborn or Windstar instead.

Norwegian really is an awesome experience. Unfortunately, a few of us have had experiences that were a bit negative and we are trying to discuss those here.

I would think you should really give Norwegian a try. Not all experiences within The Haven will have issues and you will absolutely love the ships and crew and staff (who, no matter what, are totally amazing).

Look at us - we have 4 more booked in The Haven. :D

My goal is not to deter anyone from booking the Haven, rather to inform fellow CC members so that we find a solution. I want NCL to ensure their product as marketed, or to create transparency as to their vision of the Havens of today.

I have never been aware of these issues on the Jade, and I think you should try it. The Haven in its original concept is amazing. :)

Wow,those photos are awesome. I can see why you like the Haven.

Hopefully NCL, will resolve the issues. And more importantly you get DH back in the Haven . All the best. :)

Dear Cruise Critic members,

We appreciate the feedback discussed in this thread. We are sharing with the appropriate teams.

Best,

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations

Good.

Please inform us of any planned actions.

We appreciate the feedback discussed in this thread. We are sharing with the appropriate teams.

Best,

THIS is one of the reasons I cruise Norwegian Cruise LIne! :)

Best,

Thank you NCL :) Never have sailed in Haven..and with recent reports..unless something is done...I doubt I would ...so hoping NCL will find a solution..;)

Blame the parents!

and blame reality TV and the idiots that don't realize it is all scripted.

That is not to say that those reality types don't exist, but it certainly is not reflective of the general population.

There was a thread somewhere about a woman in hot pants with a large noisy crowd eating in Le Bistro and disturbing the entire restaurant and nothing was done about it. Upon exiting the restaurant, the woman gave the finger to the other diners who were visibly upset with her groups antics.

Amazing that people act this way.

Best,

excellent.

Now for my Gem cruise this weekend, please enforce the smoking rules on the pool deck

Thanks

Best,

WOW! I'm impressed! Thank you NCL for caring enough to at least take the time to read our concerns.:)

We cruised in a Haven Suite on the Pearl in 2010 and enjoyed it tremendously so we've booked another Haven Suite for our upcoming cruise to Alaska once again on the Pearl. I'm hoping that we'll enjoy it as much (if not more) than we did the first time.

Archived