Next cruise certificates?

What is the cost of these, and what are the benefits of buying them? Is there any difference in booking a specific cruise while aboard versus getting an open-ended certificate?

(Apologies if I've gotten the terminology wrong, and if I've asked a question that's been asked a thousand times already :) )

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

What is the cost of these, and what are the benefits of buying them? Is there any difference in booking a specific cruise while aboard versus getting an open-ended certificate?

(Apologies if I've gotten the terminology wrong, and if I've asked a question that's been asked a thousand times already :) )

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

The cost is $100 per person listed on the NCC (Next Cruise Certificate). You only need to put one name on the NCC. Same benefits as booking a specific cruise on board, except you don't have to pick a cruise. The NCC does not expire, and the amount you pay for it is non-refundable.

The differences between an NCC and booking a specific cruise is the inability to get a full refund if you cancel an NCC, and the ability to transfer the NCC to someone else, once, before it's been assigned to a specific cruise.

Thanks for the info!

By purchasing a credit or booking on the ship, is there a discount or perk? In other words, is there an advantage, or is it primarily a matter of convenience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse wacky auto-correct-induced typos.

Thanks for the info!

By purchasing a credit or booking on the ship, is there a discount or perk? In other words, is there an advantage, or is it primarily a matter of convenience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse wacky auto-correct-induced typos.

The benefits of booking onboard or making an open booking are onboard credit ($100 for 6-9 night cruises, less for shorter, more for longer) and the reduced deposit on all categories JS and under.

The Next Cruise number will be your Reservation ID number when you finally book a cruise and it will be your deposit.

The real benefit is the ship board credit (SBC) per stateroom. The amount depends on the length of the cruise.

3-5 nights $25

6-9 nights $100

10-14 nights $150

15+ nights $200

If family or friends book the same cruise within 30 days of your actual cruise booking, they are entitled to the same benefits.

Bob E

If you are thinking of trying Celebrity you can purchase a future cruise certificate to use on their ships too.

You can't buy a Royal certificate and use it on Celebrity or a Celebrity and use on Royal.

I have two booked.... one for each line.... getting the itch to book something.

If family or friends book the same cruise within 30 days of your actual cruise booking, they are entitled to the same benefits.

This isn't true since mid-March. They changed the Open Booking program and instead of providing the Friends & Family Certificates, the bookings themselves, before being assigned to a particular sailing, are transferable.

This isn't true since mid-March. They changed the Open Booking program and instead of providing the Friends & Family Certificates, the bookings themselves, before being assigned to a particular sailing, are transferable.

Correct..Just off the ROS Alaska and I purchased 2 Open Booking certificates..There is a limit of 3pp. A fill out form is available in the LA's area..you just fill it out providing all info and your credit card # and deposit it into a locked box. No appointment is available "only" if you are making a definite booking and appointments are limited to 20 min. they "will not" handle the open booking certificate for you at all as it clearly states in the Cruise Compass...their time is too "valuable" :rolleyes: (so much for personal service)... I received an e-mail with booking #'s before I even got home.

Archived