Quantum 2 night sampler?

Not sure. I am sure some of more seasoned critics will be able to guide you but I just booked the three nighter. Yay!!!! Rooms are going quickly too in the lower categories. I chose it over the two nighter because it is only costing me $200 more in total costs for a family of six. Try to make up your mind soon or at least put it on hold. Especially if you have a larger family like mine. Good luck.

Two night does not get the balcony discount, if you qualify, while the 3 night does. On the other hand the 2 night is over a weekend while the 3 night is during the week.

The 3 night with discount is about the same as the 2 night. We put a deposit on the 3 night :D

For those of us that can easily drive to Bayonne, it certainly is doable. That said, if it were during the spring or summer, I'd seriously consider booking the 2- or 3-night sampler, just for the experience. To do it in November, when it's cold outside, it just doesn't feel as appealing. And I was never one who felt the need to to try the "latest and the greatest." But that's just me;)

Presently the released schedule for the QOTS is thru April '14. Does anyone know when RCL will announce scheduling beyond that date.

March/April 2014 for the Summer Bermuda/Caribbean Cruise season 2015

For those of us that can easily drive to Bayonne, it certainly is doable. That said, if it were during the spring or summer, I'd seriously consider booking the 2- or 3-night sampler, just for the experience. To do it in November, when it's cold outside, it just doesn't feel as appealing. And I was never one who felt the need to to try the "latest and the greatest." But that's just me;)

You are so right, I never thought about that:o

I agree that it will most likely be cold; however, it appears that Quantum is being built for cooler weather (covered pools, larger solarium, SeaPlex). I think this ship will be exciting no matter what climate it sails in. :D

I agree that it will most likely be cold; however, it appears that Quantum is being built for cooler weather (covered pools, larger solarium, SeaPlex). I think this ship will be exciting no matter what climate it sails in. :D

That is my thought, either the 2 or 3 day will be just enough to check out the ship, and with so much covered it should be fine in November. Of corse with the northeast weather the last few years who knows, February could be warmer:eek:

Any pros and cons for Quantum 2 night sampler:cool:

Since I sailed on the Breakaway pre-inaugural "sampler" a couple of weeks ago - I can tell you the pros and cons ;)

1. CON - Weather - never really warm enough to experience what the ship has to offer. We missed out on a lot of the outside activities because frankly - it was too cold most of the time. (And yes - we were sailing out of NYC)

2. CON - You can get a quick taste of everything but you REALLY want more! I really wanted to stay on the ship but had to get back to my kids. Some of my friends stayed on for the next week "inaugural".

3. CON - Missed the restaurants and some of the shows -- we got to try TWO restaurants and TWO shows. But with ships like these - there is so much more to see and do.

4. PRO - We were able to spend a great deal of time in the spa and if it was a Royal ship - we would have been in the solarium. It's always a great day at sea when you can spend it in a heated thermal lounger overlooking the ocean ;)

5. PRO - We were THE FIRST TO SAIL FROM NYC. I know the Quantum will sail from Bayonne. But those sampler cruises will probably have some special surprises added onto them (just a guess). Our special surprises came in the form of "celebrity guests" and then to top it off - fireworks AT the Statue of Liberty! The cruise really rocked ;)

We really had an awesome time on our 2 night pre-inaugural on Breakaway. Would it have been better of we could have stayed for the inaugural? Absolutely! But it was a great experience.

• 1 year later...

My wife and I love cruising and we love the warm climate, that being said, we love exploring the new cutting edge ships and to get an opportunity to be on Quantum's sampler cruise is a no brain er no matter what the climate. We live on Long Island so it's gonna be amazing even if it's snowing.