Just Off the Zuiderdam ? Pinnacle Grill?

aloisia

Hi,

We were thinking of making reservations for the Pinnacle Grill before our cruise.

On line, the 1st sea day is not available ... the last night of the cruise is available.

Do you know if the last night offers a special dinner in the Main Dining room? Is it a formal night? Not sure if this would be the best evening for making the reservations?

Also, we are 6 people under my cruise booking however we would like to invite another couple to dinner. (They booked their own cruise). Do I book 4 people for the Pinnacle on the drop down box for my name & then use my husband's name to add the other 4? Sorry I'm confused. :o

Hi,

We were thinking of making reservations for the Pinnacle Grill before our cruise.

On line, the 1st sea day is not available ... the last night of the cruise is available.

Do you know if the last night offers a special dinner in the Main Dining room? Is it a formal night? Not sure if this would be the best evening for making the reservations?

Also, we are 6 people under my cruise booking however we would like to invite another couple to dinner. (They booked their own cruise). Do I book 4 people for the Pinnacle on the drop down box for my name & then use my husband's name to add the other 4? Sorry I'm confused. :o

I confess. I am lazy enough that I'd just call Ship Services to book this group. They will make sure the billing is handled as you wish and also be able to tell you about formal night and any special MDR menu. Have a great cruise!:)

You can book on line, there is the drop down for 6 and you can do it again for 2 more for the same time, same date. You can use your's or husband's name for all reservations. By your booking all the reservations though you will be billed for all the dinners, so have your credit card ready. Don't know if that is what you want or not.

Have no idea why you can't book the first night, could be a holiday, or it is already full, don't know. On the last night they have a International dining menu for the MDR but its not that special and it is not formal.

We were just on the Zuiderdam and the Pinnacle Grill was awesome. Pinnacle Managers name is Sam.

The first sea day for you is June 16 -- Father's Day -- that is considered a holiday. Thus you can not book that day until you are on the ship. HAL has this ruling for all holidays.

The last night of your cruise the main dining room is the International dinner menu along with the Baked Alaska parade. We don't care for the menu or Baked Alaska. So we always go to the Pinnacle for dinner.

That menu looks very nice .... I don't recall seeing it before? Is it new? (or I haven't cruised in a long time :rolleyes:).

I'll share this with the group... perhaps once on board, we can change the night? Planning a vacation with a group of 8, requires numerous emails & web discussions ;).

Thanks.

HAL used to have the Master Chef's dinner on the last night of the cruise. Very limited menu and a lot of dancing and yelling by the waiters and everyone. We did it a couple of times when it first started a number of years ago and really were not impressed with it. We like to end our cruises with a nice quiet dinner. So we have gotten in the habit of going to the Pinnacle the last night of the cruise. If we are on either the Nieuw Amsterdam or the Eurodam, then we go to the Tamarind.

Then about a year or so ago, HAL dropped the Master Chef dinner and started the International Dinner. The original menu was a little different than the one I posted. Originally there wasn't the "Always Available" section but it was added as some people had dietary problems that they were concerned about.

We still don't go to it as we do not like Baked Alaska -- too much meringue to suit us. The few times we did try it, all we got was the meringue and only a drop of strawberry ice cream. Mucch before to have more ice cream and for it to be either chocolate or vanilla.

If you decide to change the date of your Pinnacle reservation -- do it as soon as possible. Some nights fill up more quickly than others and it is harder to get a table for 8.

That menu looks very nice .... I don't recall seeing it before? Is it new? (or I haven't cruised in a long time :rolleyes:).

I'll share this with the group... perhaps once on board, we can change the night? Planning a vacation with a group of 8, requires numerous emails & web discussions ;).

Thanks.

I thought it looked good too so I was excited to try it. I had it on my cruise on the Noordam in February. It was not good.

The last night of your cruise the main dining room is the International dinner menu along with the Baked Alaska parade. We don't care for the menu or Baked Alaska.

There's Baked Alaska? I did not even see it, too many other good stuff on the menu. :) (I don't care for the Baked Alaska on board, fond memories of my mother's though!)

I thought it looked good too so I was excited to try it. I had it on my cruise on the Noordam in February. It was not good.

Tastes differ. :) There were many dishes I would have liked to try but I did not want to order three appetizers and three main courses. :D

We kind of enjoy the corny last evening in the MDR. Note, just because they make baked Alaska that evening, doesn't mean that's the only desert available, as it obvious from the menu posted above. I don't like the MDR version, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Pavlova. I love any Pavlova.

When you go to the Pinnacle, whatever night that is, they have their own version of Baked Alaska, made with Cherry Garcia ice cream. Now THAT is Baked Alaska, and goes down lighter than the chocolate volcano cake after a huge meal.

I was able to book on line for a table of 8. ( with the needed & appreciated instructions ... it`s a miracle I can change my CC signature .. LOL :D ).

Thanks everyone!

Your welcome, glad it worked for you.

International menu looks interesting but personally it not that good. I think going to the Pinnacle on that night will be a good choice. If your into Baked Alaska, they serve that in the Pinnacle as one of their deserts.

Sorry I did not realize that June 16th was Fathers day. If you really want to go that night, you need to go first thing, when you embark, to the Pinnacle and book it.

Thanks go to Krazy Kruiser for posting the Pinnacle menu. Also if you go on Le Cirque night you can see that menu below too. You also might want to go there for lunch one of the days. Their lunches are wonderful.

Pinnacle Grill Dinner Menu

$25 per person

Mariner discounts apply for 3-star and 4-star Mariners

Can be prebooked on HAL's website, or by calling Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 or once on the ship

The Beginning:

French Onion Soup King Louis XV - beef broth with aged cognac & caramelized onions, baked with gruyere croutons

Spicy Chicken Coconut Soup - fragrant coconut milk & lemon grass

Lobster Bisque - crème fraiche & aged sherry

Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail - brandy horseradish cocktail sauce

Vine Ripened Beefsteak Tomato Salad - sliced purple onion, balsamic vinaigrette or blue cheese dressing

Baby Arugula Salad - tossed with sliced red onion, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and a warm bacon dressing topped with smoked bacon & chopped egg

Caesar Salad - crisp romaine tossed with very own Caesar dressing, grated parmesan cheese, garlic croutons and anchovies, prepared tableside

Dungeness Crab Cakes - spiral shaved cucumber & sweet chili-mustard sauce

Pinnacle Ocean Platter - carpaccio of lightly smoked salmon, accompanied with hot smoked salmon, sea scallops and wasabi cream

The Grill:

Filet Mignon, New York Strip Steak, Bone-In Rib Eye Steak, Porterhouse - served with our own hand crafted sauces: sun-dried tomato; Master Chef's green peppercorn bearnaise; horseradish mustard; hollandaise; maitre d' garlic butter

Colorado Lamb Chops - spiced apple chutney & fresh mint jelly

Grilled Veal Chop - marinated overnight in a savory blend of rosemary, garlic & pepper vinegar with scallions

Chicken Breast - stuffed with spinach & garlic herb cheese & served with lemon garlic beurre blanc sauce

Filet Steak Diane - pan-seared medallions of beef tenderloins & enriched with mushrooms & cognac

Filet Mignon Burger - a half-pound of freshly ground beef, fin herbs & truffle-infused

Sea Food:

Broiled King Salmon - troll caught (for sustainability) in Alaskan waters, quick seared & broiled, served with your choice of lemon garlic herb splash or sesame-soy kalbi

Broiled or Poached Lobster Tail - on a bed of wilted spinach & arugula, mustard seed & "mangochurri" pesto sauce or melted butter

Cedar Planked Black Cod with Shrimp Scampi - roasted garlic & cilantro butter

Pinnacle Signature Skewers:

Beef Delight - beef tenderloin marinated with parsley, onion, thyme, rosemary & marjoram

Tantalizing Lamb - lamb loins marinated with herbs, garlic, cumin, honey, coriandor & red chilies, served with yogurt sauce

Chicken & Turkey Temptation - with onion confit & tomato coulis

Delectable Seafood - shrimps & swordfish, seasoned with lemon, paprika, garlic, mustard, cayenne & dill

Vegetarian Zen - array of mixed vegetables seasoned with herbs de provence

Side Dishes:

Creamed Spinach, Sautéed Button Mushrooms, Sautéed Onions, Asparagus, Scalloped, Whipped, Jumbo Baked or Shoestring Potatoes and/or Basmati Rice

The Finale:

Not-So-Classic Baked Alaska - with Cherry Garcia ice cream

Warm Grand Marnier Chocolate Volcano Cake

Velvet Soufflé – Chocolate or Vanilla

Creamy Homemade Raspberry Cheesecake

Chocolate And Raisin Bread Pudding

Pinnacle Crème Brulee

Fresh Seasonal Fruits and Berries

Premium Ice Cream or Sorbets

Assortment of International Cheeses.

Le Cirque Menu:

$39 per person

Can be prebooked on HAL's website, or by calling Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 or once on the ship

Appetizers:

Lobster Cocktail - poached lobster with haricot vert and citrus

Le Trio - caviar, smoked salmon and Pate foie gras

Caesar Salad - interpretation of the classical salad

Soup:

Butternut Squash with Huckleberries - with sage chantilly

Chilled Yogurt and Mellon - with shrimps

Main Courses:

Blackened Alaskan Cod - leek, red wine fondue

Rack of Lamb - goat cheese panisse, artichokes and arugula

Chateaubriand - horseradish flan, sweet and sour baby beets

Three Cheese Ravioli - fresh basil tomato

Chicken Under a Brick - sauteed vegetables ginger honey jus

Dessert:

Creme Brulee Le Cirque

Chocolate Souffle - traditional chocolate souffle with vanilla gelato

Napoleon with Fresh Berries

Assortment of Sorbets

Pinnacle Grill Lunch Menu$10 per person

Starters:

Grilled Prawn Bruschetta with a primavera salsa - aged asiago cheese and balsamic fusion

Mediterranean antipasto plate - pesto virgin olive oil

Scallops creme brulee - caramelized parmesean wafer

Northwest five onion soup - tomato shallot soubise

Chilled carrot and ginger soup - creme faiche and fried sage

Chiffanade of greens and tomato tower salad - Italian vinaigritte

Entrees:

Pacific rim beef salad - mesclun leaves, mangoes and lotus fruit

Alaskan halibut fillet sandwich - sour dough bread, cilantro relish and cucumber potato salad

Crab and shrimp cake - exotic fruit chutney, lime Thai curry sauce and orange rice with pine nuts

The Pinnacle burger - apple smoked bacon, cheddar cheese and bistro style shoestring potatoes. This dish can be served with a low carb bun and without the potatoes.

Sterling silver beef tenderloin with Oregon blue cheese crust - grilled asparagus and scalloped potatoes

Penne with grilled chicken breast, lemon basil sauce, sun dried tomatoes and arugula

Vegetarian couscous - grilled vegetables and fried mint leaves and harissa

Desserts:

Fresh strawberries with raspberry sorbet - sugar dough gaufrette

Chocolate brownie decadence - an explosion of chocolate

Orange and lime panna cotta

Ice creams and sorbets - ask for the day's selections

Fruit plate

Tastes differ. :) There were many dishes I would have liked to try but I did not want to order three appetizers and three main courses. :D

True enough. Everything was bland. If people enjoy that they won't be disappointed:D. It wasn't just my taste. Several folks at my table didn't enjoy theirs either. Maybe your chef was better than mine.

The "gang" likes the last evening for the Pinnacle .... problem solved. :D

My mouth is watering .... the Pinnacle has a very fine, looking menu! (I must ask DH why we haven't dined there before? .... because there is a surcharge ... LOL)

We kind of enjoy the corny last evening in the MDR. Note, just because they make baked Alaska that evening, doesn't mean that's the only desert available, as it obvious from the menu posted above. I don't like the MDR version, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Pavlova. I love any Pavlova.

When you go to the Pinnacle, whatever night that is, they have their own version of Baked Alaska, made with Cherry Garcia ice cream. Now THAT is Baked Alaska, and goes down lighter than the chocolate volcano cake after a huge meal.

DH loves the Pinnacle Baked Alaska -- they even wait to flame it at your table.

Thank you Melodie for posting the menu.

There have been changes -- some recently.

Pinnacle Menu - $25 per person -- can be booked online, via Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 or once on the ship

The Beginning:

Spicy Chicken Coconut Soup - fragrant coconut milk & lemon grass

Lobster Bisque - crème fraiche & aged sherry

Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail - brandy horseradish cocktail sauce

Vine Ripened Beefsteak Tomato Salad - sliced purple onion, balsamic vinaigrette or blue cheese dressing

Baby Arugula Salad - tossed with sliced red onion, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and a warm bacon dressing topped with smoked bacon & chopped egg

Caesar Salad - crisp romaine tossed with very own Caesar dressing, grated parmesan cheese, garlic croutons and anchovies, prepared tableside

Dungeness Crab Cakes - spiral shaved cucumber & sweet chili-mustard sauce

Pinnacle Ocean Platter - carpaccio of lightly smoked salmon, accompanied with hot smoked salmon, sea scallops and wasabi cream

The Intrique:

Land & Sea - master chef Rudi Saloman’s interpretation of Surf & Turf - filet mignon and jumbo prawns on whipped potatoes with garlic, rosemary beurre blanc

Lobster Macaroni & Cheese - chef’s favorite: a delicate gratineed combination of mascarpone-enriched pasta and creamy lobster broth with chunks of lobster

Roasted vegetable tower -- with onion confit and tomato coulis

The Grill:

Filet Mignon, New York Strip Steak, Bone-In Rib Eye Steak, Porterhouse - served with our own hand crafted sauces: sun-dried tomato; Master Chef's green peppercorn bearnaise; horseradish mustard; hollandaise; maitre d' garlic butter

Lamb Chops - spiced apple chutney & fresh mint jelly

Grilled Veal Chop - marinated overnight in a savory blend of rosemary, garlic & pepper vinegar with scallions

Chicken Breast - stuffed with spinach & garlic herb cheese & served with lemon garlic beurre blanc sauce

Filet Steak Diane - pan-seared medallions of beef tenderloins & enriched with mushrooms & cognac

Wagyu Beef Burger - a half-pound of freshly ground beef, fin herbs & truffle-infused

Sea Food:

Broiled King Salmon - troll caught (for sustainability) in Alaskan waters, quick seared & broiled, served with your choice of lemon garlic herb splash or sesame-soy kalbi

Broiled or Poached Lobster Tail - on a bed of wilted spinach & arugula, mustard seed & "mangochurri" pesto sauce or melted butter

Cedar Planked Halibut with Shrimp Scampi - roasted garlic & cilantro butter

Pinnacle Signature Skewers:

Beef Delight - beef tenderloin marinated with parsley, onion, thyme, rosemary & marjoram

Tantalizing Lamb - lamb loins marinated with herbs, garlic, cumin, honey, coriandor & red chilies, served with yogurt sauce

Vegetarian Zen - array of mixed vegetables seasoned with herbs de provence

Side Dishes:

Creamed Spinach, Sautéed Button Mushrooms, Sautéed Onions, Asparagus, Scalloped, Whipped, Jumbo Baked or Shoestring Potatoes and/or Basmati Rice

The Finale:

Not-So-Classic Baked Alaska, Warm Grand Marnier Chocolate Volcano Cake, Velvet Soufflé – Chocolate or Vanilla, Creamy Homemade Raspberry Cheesecake, Chocolate And Raisin Bread Pudding, Pinnacle Crème Brulee, Fresh Seasonal Fruits and Berries, Premium Ice Cream or Sorbets and/or the Assortment of International Cheeses.

The "gang" likes the last evening for the Pinnacle .... problem solved. :D

My mouth is watering .... the Pinnacle has a very fine, looking menu! (I must ask DH why we haven't dined there before? .... because there is a surcharge ... LOL)

Choosing the Pinnacle for the last night of the cruise -- Great Choice!!

It is a wonderful way to end the cruise.

I was on the Zuiderdam from May 18-25, and the last night dinner in the MDR was--by far--the best dining experience we had on board, which includes the Le Cirque evening at the Pinnacle.

Just returned on 5/25/13 from the Zuiderdam (Alaska) and I scanned all of the menus and On Locations. Friday MDR was the International Menu but you can order something from any of the four regions. The menu comes in a nice rolled format placed beside some miniature flags on your table. The Baked Alaska procession through the MDR is always a hit with the Mariner's and a lot of fun for the first timers.

www.rogerjett-photography.com/travel-2/alaska-zuiderdam-menus-on-location

Latest scanned specialty restaurant menus

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/travel-2/hal-specialty-restaurants/

Not that you asked this specifically, but I wouldn't bother with the Pinnacle Grill at all. It was not bad -- just not worth the extra money. Not significantly better than the MDR.

We felt this way about the United States Restaurant on Celebrity Infinity, as well.

As MDR food is included in the cruise price, and we have been happy with it, we have pretty much concluded that neither the food, the service, nor the atmosphere in specialty restaurants is worth the extra cost.

"Food" for thought. :rolleyes:

(Obviously, if this is the only way to schedule a "nice" (non-buffet) meal with your friends, then enjoy!)

I have never eaten in the Pinaccle, but I am a huge, huge, huge fan of French Onion Soup. That was the reason, I was actually considering maybe splurging for the PG next time. But now? :eek: What is going on - the new menu no longer shows the soup? I know I can have it in the MDR, but that one was just so-so. Oh well... I suppose I will be saving us some money. Too bad they no longer have it. :(

Just returned on 5/25/13 from the Zuiderdam (Alaska) and I scanned all of the menus and On Locations. Friday MDR was the International Menu but you can order something from any of the four regions. The menu comes in a nice rolled format placed beside some miniature flags on your table. The Baked Alaska procession through the MDR is always a hit with the Mariner's and a lot of fun for the first timers.

www.rogerjett-photography.com/travel-2/alaska-zuiderdam-menus-on-location

Latest scanned specialty restaurant menus

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/travel-2/hal-specialty-restaurants/

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/travel-2/alaska-zuiderdam-menus-on-location/

Archived