Booking Early Blues

Ms. T

Who booked a cruise early and feeling the countdown blues? Me :(

How many days do you have left before you cruise? 200 :eek:

What do you do to forget about how long you have before your cruise? Watch my countdown clock, sneak on cruise critic while at work :o

Nope, not me. But only because I never book early. I know about those blues and don't want them! I actually find searching for my next vacation to be lots of fun, so instead of booking, I just keep searching all the possibilities, even those that I don't think are real options, and sometimes along the way I discover that I really want to go someplace that I hadn't even considered before. By the time 7 or 8 months go by and I am ready to book I sometimes book the vacation I started out thinking I'd book, but usually I'm headed off in a completely different direction! For example, last spring I thought for sure that this year's vacation would be a repeat tour of Hawaii. Instead I ended up in the Mediteranean! Sending wishes that your countdown clock moves quickly!!

Who booked a cruise early and feeling the countdown blues? Me :( ME TOO!

How many days do you have left before you cruise? 200 :eek: 234 :eek::eek:

What do you do to forget about how long you have before your cruise? Watch my countdown clock, sneak on cruise critic while at work :o DITTO

:cool:

I booked 9 months ahead this time; my first was 7 months; all others were either close to final payment due and deposit was final payment! I'm sooooo excited about my next cruise (first time on 'X' 'S' class) that the next six months can't pass fast enough!

We have 3 cruises booked over the next 18 months. We now take care of all our details. We used to use a TA but now find ourselves booking air, hotel, transfers etc all on our own. It is fun for us and we usually have a lot to research and take care of.

It is difficult sometimes not to mix them up:)

My last cruise was booked 17 months in advance and the current one 16 months. I actually like the time in between because I can think about the cruise, plan my wardrobe, check out CC, make lists (I love lists) and watch You Tube videos of the ship and places I'm going. It kind of extends the cruise -which we all know flies by.

Booking early is the best part!:eek: IMO the planning and the looking forward to what we will do and where we will go is great!:D

I love reading reviews and looking at the pictures that others post (thank you all for those) it makes the time go faster and when I do the Happy Dance up the gang way, I know that I will have a great time (not that any cruise could be bad):)

Learn all you can and enjoy the time until your next cruise...

Have A Cocktail For Me!!!:D C.G.

:cool:

I booked 9 months ahead this time; my first was 7 months; all others were either close to final payment due and deposit was final payment! I'm sooooo excited about my next cruise (first time on 'X' 'S' class) that the next six months can't pass fast enough!

Glad I don't have employees anymore.

Sorry, not meant to single out anyone, ya'll nkow who you are!

I book early & often. :)

Me too! If I have one way off I start looking for a short one.... Or I rebook the whole thing... Or I add another one (like my upcoming B2B) so at least I'm waiting a long time for something HUGE :p.

Me too! If I have one way off I start looking for a short one.... Or I rebook the whole thing... Or I add another one (like my upcoming B2B) so at least I'm waiting a long time for something HUGE :p.

What the heck book them all...if you can. Love your signature icons where did you get them!

Sue

I book early and I LOVE the planning and anticipating. I consider it just another leg in the journey and I make it as fun as I can for myself...studying up on all the public areas of the ship and making note of places I want to make sure to spend time in, reading up on the ports and excursions, reading reviews and posts on CC and just about everything else regarding cruising I can get my hands on. I'm really excited because next week I'll be able to book my flights! HOW COOL?! BTW, by the time we sail, I will have been in planning mode for almost a full 2 years. :D

Archived