Nice itinerary modification

rubens

I just have been informed of an itinerary modification for our June 17th Athens to Rome voyage.

The Santorini stop was originally planned on 19th and I already found out before that this port would be very crowded that day (about 4 ships= 8000 pax beside the Journey).

I suppose that AZ management also discovered this and now they switched two ports: Mykonos and Santorini in order to avoid these crowds. Now there still will be about 4000 pax in Santorini but Journey will be the only there in the morning (2 others anchor early afternoon).

Congratulations to AZ for making this change, as this, once more, shows how much they care about passengers comfort:)

We are on the cruise before this one but I am interested how you found out about the itinerary change? We are in Santorini on Sunday 16th. I have done a search on line on one of the cruise sites giving port information and that did not show any ships in Santorini that day so not sure about its accuracy.

I've been on the usual websites that tell you which ships are in port and apart from one which gives you the current day's port info and the marine traffic one, it looks to me that Azamara don't give out this info (correct me if I am wrong!)

So for our cruise next year, I looked at which ports we were in and then checked what other cruise ships were in with us!

It looks like we will have 2 other cruise ships as company in Santorini next year by that info.

We are on the cruise before this one but I am interested how you found out about the itinerary change? We are in Santorini on Sunday 16th. I have done a search on line on one of the cruise sites giving port information and that did not show any ships in Santorini that day so not sure about its accuracy.

We were informed by our TA. As far as I can find out there will be no other ship in Santorini on the 19th beside the Journey (maybe some small ones but no big ships); So you're lucky and a change of itinerary was not needed

18-Jun-13 4300Norwegian Jade, Splendour Of The Seas19-Jun-13 7677Pacific Princess, MSC Fantasia, Celebrity Reflection20-Jun-13 2649Serenade Of The Seas, Wind Star21-Jun-13 3300Costa Magica

18-Jun-13 4300Norwegian Jade, Splendour Of The Seas19-Jun-13 7677Pacific Princess, MSC Fantasia, Celebrity Reflection20-Jun-13 2649Serenade Of The Seas, Wind Star21-Jun-13 3300Costa Magica

Look at the cruisett.com website and that's usually accurate...

What day will you be in Santorini?

Archived