Layout of Obstructed View Cabins?

bahrain_not_dubai!

Hi everyone!

I've just booked myself on a September 1st 2014 Black Sea voyage aboard the Azamara Quest, and have booked a 50% obstructed ocean view cabin.

As you can see on the Deck Six deck plans, the obstructed view cabins are laid out at a different angle from all of the ordinary cabins aboard the ship.

I was wondering if anyone can shed some more light on this, and it would be great if some of you have a photo!

Thanks a lot!

I was on deck 6 last fall. You open the door and the bed is to the right (or left, I guess), with a desk straight ahead to the left of the window. Closets are on the left, and the bathroom door is on an angle to the left of the closets. The TV and minibar are also on the left as you enter the room.

I will look for a picture. The cabin was fine, but I was alone. I can't tell from your post if you're cruising solo, but it might be a little tight if there's two of you.

I was on deck 6 last fall. You open the door and the bed is to the right (or left, I guess), with a desk straight ahead to the left of the window. Closets are on the left, and the bathroom door is on an angle to the left of the closets. The TV and minibar are also on the left as you enter the room.

I will look for a picture. The cabin was fine, but I was alone. I can't tell from your post if you're cruising solo, but it might be a little tight if there's two of you.

Thanks for your reply !

It is two of us but having checked out the square footage of the cabin, we have been stuck in smaller cabins before (as little as 119sq ft in the case of the Antarctica trip), so that should not pose to much of an issue!

Regards !

I had cabin 6045 a few months ago , alone in the cabin. It was a fine room. There is no chair or small sofa, so there is more floor room. But I did not have any view out of the window. The lifeboat was smack right in front of the window. I think two doors down had a better view.

Thanks for the pics. It gives us an idea what to look forward to...not too bad. We usually book a balcony cabin but we'll be on a b2b in a couple of weeks and got a great deal on this cabin category. Cabin 6030 which has a small zodiac a few feet away from the window so it doesn't really block the view. As my wife always says, "it will all work out." :)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the pics. It gives us an idea what to look forward to...not too bad. We usually book a balcony cabin but we'll be on a b2b in a couple of weeks and got a great deal on this cabin category. Cabin 6030 which has a small zodiac a few feet away from the window so it doesn't really block the view. As my wife always says, "it will all work out." :)

We have been in 6033 on Oceania's same "R" class ships twice, which is the starboard equivalent of your 6030 port side cabin, and it was fine for the two of us, particularly on a port-intensive cruise. The davit holding the small zodiac runs down the middle of the large "picture" window, and indeed the zodiac itself is below the bottom edge of the window, so the obstruction is very minor. It is a wonderful location for the stairs and elevator (and for someone like me who does not enjoy rough seas). Also, lacking a sofa meant I was more efficient in putting clothes and other accumulated items away, instead of filling it and a table with my stuff!:)

We found we spent more time in the common areas, which on Oceania meant the pool deck and lovely library and on Azamara I assume would mean the pool deck and Mosaics Cafe.

Archived