Guys Burgers - is it really only the way Guy wants it?

wmjrdn4ever

Have booked the Breeze for our Spring trip. Thought it would be fun to try Guy's Burgers.

Question: will they make the burger as requested or are the tshirts I see saying "You Can't Have It Your Way, Just Guy's Way" true?

Hate mayonaise -- even super duper special donkey sauce mayonaise.

Too set in my ways now to even pretend to try it with mayonaise.

:)

You pick up your burger/cheeseburger from the grill and head over to the condiment bar where you can put whatever you want on your burger - or nothing at all. At least that's what I did in December. :) P.S. First time I had it got a cold burger. Gave it another try and it was better the second time but truly not the best burger I've ever had. So temper your expectations. ;)

Have booked the Breeze for our Spring trip. Thought it would be fun to try Guy's Burgers.

Question: will they make the burger as requested or are the tshirts I see saying "You Can't Have It Your Way, Just Guy's Way" true?

I asked for no mayo and got it without.

Nope just off Breeze, they come with cheese of no cheese and you put whatever you like on them. I hate to admit but they were the best burgers my husband and I have had in a while. Hit the station twice while on cruise and Red Frog Pub every other day for lunch.

Glad to hear they will offer it without mayo. I figured they would until I read the review of the Breeze that has been on the boards the past few days -- they had a photo of the no way, but Guy's way tshirts and started to wonder.

You have to ask for no mayo, learned the first day they are quick to put it on.

After that I get it my way. For some reason they stick an onion ring inside the bun.

Silly as what is the point of an onion ring that is not crispy.

Overall made my way found them awesome.

You have to ask for no mayo, learned the first day they are quick to put it on.

After that I get it my way. For some reason they stick an onion ring inside the bun.

Silly as what is the point of an onion ring that is not crispy.

Overall made my way found them awesome.

You must have ordered "the ringer" or you would not have gotten the onion ring on the burger. I agree, its not a great onion ring.

I love Guy Burgers!!!

If you want a burger with no donkey sauce on it, then go for the Plain Jane with SMC (cheese) and then you will get a burger with no donkey sauce on it. The Straight Up has Donkey Sauce on it, so don't ask for that one...Once you have the burger, walk over to the condiment bar and add your ketchup, mustard, and whatever else you want to put on the burger....This way you can avoid the mayo, which you think is nasty--and that is OK cuz you'll be eating the burger...

Me, I would never ask for the Chilius Maximus because of the chili....can't eat peppers of any kind, and I mean ANY kind....

You must have ordered "the ringer" or you would not have gotten the onion ring on the burger. I agree, its not a great onion ring.

After the first day I asked for it on the side. They looked at me funny at first but did it.

Found it to be a very nicely seasoned ring and after the first day asked for a plate of them. They at first would give me three but after asking repeatedly they finally would do 6.

I just can not agree with that logic. :o

i can...

you have to sample something if you have never had it. if you don't like it, do you expect someone else to come along and eat it?-recycle food-you have at it!

what do you expect someone to do with it? eat it anyways even if they don't like it :rolleyes:....

Here's the real deal, all that the " cooks " :rolleyes: are wanting to do is give you a burger, with cheese or not :D. Then you will proceed to the fixin bar and do the rest yourself. Sure there's a menu that requires the "cook" to actually prepare the burger to menu specifications.

I think the cooks think the menu is just part of Guy's decoration . It's more than less the "cooks" way.;):D

I also hate mayo. I order the Plain Jane with no bun. They use mayo to grill the buns on top of what they put on the burger. I truly hate the stuff. :p Cut down on the fat and calories some as well, but still got the yummy burger taste (a splurge for me since I don't eat red meat that often.) Try the bbq sauce in the squeeze bottles at the toppings bar. It's yummy on the burgers.

Glad to hear they will offer it without mayo.

Funny how people can be so different. I wouldn't want a hamburger without Mayo! :eek: Just like I want Ketchup and Mustard on my hot dog.

We were on the Breeze for 27 days last year. My wife really liked Guy's, but I got indigestion the one time I tried 'em. Same with the Pub Grub. Way too greasy for me. John

I also hate mayo. I order the Plain Jane with no bun. They use mayo to grill the buns on top of what they put on the burger. I truly hate the stuff. :p Cut down on the fat and calories some as well, but still got the yummy burger taste (a splurge for me since I don't eat red meat that often.) Try the bbq sauce in the squeeze bottles at the toppings bar. It's yummy on the burgers.

Can you explain this a little? There is no way to get a bun without the mayo?? So they basically slather the bun with the donkey sauce before they put the bun on the grill? Can you ask for a non-grilled bun??

I guess it doesn't really matter to me since I am not planning on being on a ship with Guy's, but I would still like clarification.

Maggie

As someone else said........really temper your expectations...the burgers are cooked in mass and are rarely piping hot. They use 80/20 beef but then overcook them and they are generally dry.

I like the new toppings bar, but other than that I don't think they are any better than the old burgers were and I don't like that you can't also get a hotdog at the same station.

The fries on the other hand are much better than the old thin cut fries.

I can get much better burgers here in Tulsa at Claud's or Ron's or Goldies.

Archived