cruise booklet?

fluffyscruffy

Will be going on first Oceania cruise Tuesday. I have been reading forum posts today and read a reference to receiving a booklet with luggage tags. We have not gotten anything. Should we have and will this be a problem for us? I must say I am feeling alittle like a fish out of water about this cruise. I called Oceania but the person on the phone must be having a bad day. My issues were of no concern to her. She said if I paid for the cruise everything will work out.

Also, is there anything else anyone thinks I should know? :confused:

Thanks for your help.

Pat

Will be going on first Oceania cruise Tuesday. I have been reading forum posts today and read a reference to receiving a booklet with luggage tags. We have not gotten anything. Should we have and will this be a problem for us? I must say I am feeling alittle like a fish out of water about this cruise. I called Oceania but the person on the phone must be having a bad day. My issues were of no concern to her. She said if I paid for the cruise everything will work out.

Also, is there anything else anyone thinks I should know? :confused:

Thanks for your help.

Pat

You should have had the cruise booklet in the mail and final documents by email..if you have air from O, I suggest you call Oceania again on Monday and have them email you your eticket..if not, you can get luggage tags at the pier and dont really need anything but your passport and a credit card to board..

Jancruz1

You do not say what Country you are in sometimes that makes a difference (not sure why)

If you used a TA I would contact them ASAP

Sometimes the booklet goes to them & they pass it on

It looks sort of like a brochure so maybe you did get it & tossed it by mistake

Jan is correct ...just bring your I.D. documents to the port

I usually take my final invoice in case the port authorities want proof I am on the cruise

Enjoy

Lyn

Thanks for the replys. We live outside of Seattle and the cruise leaves from Seattle on Tuesday so we don't have to fly. I did call the TA and got an emailed page titled Final Cruise Vacation Summary so I guess I will assume that's all I need. I'm wondering if there is anything in the "booklet" that would be helpful to know? I guess as long as I can find the cabin and the food all will be good.

The booklet is nice but you can get by without it

It has the cabin location personalized for you, gives the shore excursions

Information on the excursion, drink & internet packages

plus the luggage tags in the back but just ask at the port for those & write your cabin # on them

enjoy

Thanks for the replys. We live outside of Seattle and the cruise leaves from Seattle on Tuesday so we don't have to fly. I did call the TA and got an emailed page titled Final Cruise Vacation Summary so I guess I will assume that's all I need. I'm wondering if there is anything in the "booklet" that would be helpful to know? I guess as long as I can find the cabin and the food all will be good.

You don't need it but it is quite a treat to get one. It looks just a a brochure book ( 8' x 11") and at the bottom of first page it is enscribed

"Official Documents prepared for

YOUR NAME

Inside is all your itinerary, any specialty dinner reservations, culinary classes and excursions that you might have signed up for plus all the ship excursions information. Also has a page with a picture of your cabin and below the deck plan with the location highlighted.

I certainly never saw anything like it when I travelled with HAL, Celebrity or RCCL.

Enjoy your cruise!

CJ

It looks sort of like a brochure so maybe you did get it & tossed it by mistake

Doesn't O send it by courier? Kind of hard to mistake that for a mailed brochure. Does O send it to the TA first, or straight to the client?

I agree the TA was asleep at the switch--should have checked with you to get a correct mailing address, and informed you approximately when the docs would arrive. Getting the cruise docs is always cause for celebration--a shame to miss out on that!

Doesn't O send it by courier? Kind of hard to mistake that for a mailed brochure. Does O send it to the TA first, or straight to the client?

Yes ours came FEDEX

My wonderful TA has it sent direct from O to us

Some may get overwhelmed with all the brochures from O that they do not look at it carefully

Lyn

We booked through AAA and I picked up our booklet from the TA two weeks ago for a Regatta cruise leaving Seattle on June 18. Our first Oceania cruise and I was impressed with the booklet! Better than I have received from any other cruise line. You should have it by now.

Archived