Switching 2 people to a new cabin after final payment

Question for the experts out there.

If I book a GS room for 4 people, and then we decide to move 2 of those people to a new room after final payment and keep 2 in the GS, is that considered a cancellation and penalties apply or just a room change?

RCCL rep says it shouldn't be a problem, but somehow I don't get the warm fuzzy feeling that it is correct.

Question for the experts out there.

If I book a GS room for 4 people, and then we decide to move 2 of those people to a new room after final payment and keep 2 in the GS, is that considered a cancellation and penalties apply or just a room change?

RCCL rep says it shouldn't be a problem, but somehow I don't get the warm fuzzy feeling that it is correct.

you aren't canceling, if anything else you are buying another room and they'll be getting more $$$

Not always true, that 3rd and 4th person in a Grand Suite cost is $1449 per person. Look at the June 28th 2014 sailing on Oasis for example. $3700 for 1st and 2nd Passenger...7 night cruise..... Dang that is a load on Bucks,,,,,,,,,,,makes you wonder what Quandum will get in the summer time doesn't it?:eek:

So it would really matter what category cabin they moved to. I would be careful in what you are doing, no more cabins for 4 on that June 22nd sailing. They may need a 4 person cabin for a high roller. Tell you the truth, I'm not even sure the Royal Caribbean Computer system will let you do that.

I imagine you are doing this to save money right, because those other 2 people will still be using the Grand Suite, correct? Just another cabin to sleep in and take a shower in. Otherwise they will be crashing in your cabin most of the cruise, right?

Good Luck

Jimbo:)

Not always true, that 3rd and 4th person in a Grand Suite cost is $1449 per person. Look at the June 28th 2014 sailing on Oasis for example. $3700 for 1st and 2nd Passenger...7 night cruise..... Dang that is a load on Bucks,,,,,,,,,,,makes you wonder what Quandum will get in the summer time doesn't it?:eek:

So it would really matter what category cabin they moved to. I would be careful in what you are doing, no more cabins for 4 on that June 22nd sailing. They may need a 4 person cabin for a high roller. Tell you the truth, I'm not even sure the Royal Caribbean Computer system will let you do that.

I imagine you are doing this to save money right, because those other 2 people will still be using the Grand Suite, correct? Just another cabin to sleep in and take a shower in. Otherwise they will be crashing in your cabin most of the cruise, right?

Good Luck

I haven't booked yet, It will be a mother daughter mother daughter combination. It was cheaper initially putting us all together, but then if the price drops after final payment to the 3/4 passenger rate, they may move to an oceanview balcony/JS or their own GS.

RCL said that is was possible to do this, but like I said I am leery of what they say and I only talked to one person so far. When I put my deposit down, I am going to make sure I have names, date and even ask if I can record there call for my records (lol). If the price doesn't drop, then we will be happy to stay together.

I haven't booked yet, It will be a mother daughter mother daughter combination. It was cheaper initially putting us all together, but then if the price drops after final payment to the 3/4 passenger rate, they may move to an oceanview balcony/JS or their own GS.

RCL said that is was possible to do this, but like I said I am leery of what they say and I only talked to one person so far. When I put my deposit down, I am going to make sure I have names, date and even ask if I can record there call for my records (lol). If the price doesn't drop, then we will be happy to stay together.

How soon or far off is this sailing you are looking at?. Some cruises that are close have a limited number of passengers that can be booked on a cruise. Meaning if you wait to long, you may not be able to even get a Grand Suite for more then 2 people in the cabin.

Capacity Controlled.

Have done this. We booked a grand suite. Later the adjoining balcony cabin opened up and we decided to take it and move 1 person from the grand suite to occupy that cabin and gain the extra adjoining space. They were happy to accommodate us. I was told that we wouldn't have been able to downsize (to a cheaper cabin) since it was after final payment.

Have done this. We booked a grand suite. Later the adjoining balcony cabin opened up and we decided to take it and move 1 person from the grand suite to occupy that cabin and gain the extra adjoining space. They were happy to accommodate us. I was told that we wouldn't have been able to downsize (to a cheaper cabin) since it was after final payment.

So the OP will not be able to save money by moving. You would have to move into something higher priced then the 3rd and 4th passengers in the Grand Suite...........I don't think this is what the OP wanted to hear.

Hears hoping the move is to a cabin that cost $10 more per person..........Then it's all good!

This doesn't sound right. If you are moving two out of your Cabin, then the 3rd and 4th are no longer 3rd and 4rd passengers. They become 1 and 2 in a new cabin at the current rate.

Archived