Makeup in the Med

The only ones I've had success with not stinging are the face sticks made with zinc. The one I really like is clear zinc, by Solar Sense, a little pricy but worth it. Otherwise the face moisturizer with SPF doesn't sting either but finding one with a high enough SPF is another story.

Thank you! I started reading this thread and thought I was the only person who never wears make-up in the heat. I'm glad to know I am not alone.

I have lived all my life in HOT and HUMID so I've learned to deal with it all. I can't imagine the Med to be anywhere near as awful as Texas in the summer.

I have lived all my life in HOT and HUMID so I've learned to deal with it all. I can't imagine the Med to be anywhere near as awful as Texas in the summer.

Well, I don't know about Houston, but I'm from Atlanta and I find it to be miserably hot and humid in the Med in the summer -- like Atlanta. But in Atlanta in the summer I am not outside in the hot sun for hours on end in hot stony ruins with no shade!

I have had enough miserable summer trips and now avoid the Med during June through mid-September. I just don't enjoy the heat or the crowds.

Well, I don't know about Houston, but I'm from Atlanta and I find it to be miserably hot and humid in the Med in the summer -- like Atlanta. But in Atlanta in the summer I am not outside in the hot sun for hours on end in hot stony ruins with no shade!

I have had enough miserable summer trips and now avoid the Med during June through mid-September. I just don't enjoy the heat or the crowds.

Hey Sis ;) - I don't live in the hot & humid now (it's very, very dry). So, when I go anywhere that even hints at humidity, I'm miserable. That's why I take my vacations in April-May and October-November... That first week in May in Rome was borderline too much for me. I was very happy that I bought my very light North Face burnout Ts!!! So, "test driving" that Keihl's BB cream for the week was a pretty good experience. It really didn't bother me, heavy-wise or feel wise, just the totally one tone coverage...

For daytime in the sun and heat, I bought a ponytail hat from Coolibar. It's 50 SPF, with a wide brim and a hole in the back for a ponytail. I figure it can stay put until I'm back onboard and I'll be wanting a shower anyway! I'll be in the Carribean and just HATE my hair on my neck in hot weather. I also want shade over the back of my neck so this was the perfect hat. It's cute, too!

I got the blue and white one.

http://www.coolibar.com/product/Sun-Hats/Womens/Floppy/Reversible-Pool-Hat/pc/2222/c/2271/sc/2196/156053.uts

Just got this in black! LOVE IT :D Thanks for the link. It's so light weight & really cute! This will be perfect for the Grand Med this August!

Archived