strange review with comment about opting out of gratuities

It seems a little odd. The gratuity comment seemed, at best, ill-informed. Saying that you "need" to opt out of gratuities, if you don't dine in the MDR is not good advice. Plus, it seemed odd that the concierge staff gave his wife a complimentary massage, when the one they paid for was terrible. But, I think that was just a poorly worded sentence, and he didn't mean to say that Allan and Israel actually gave his wife a massage....or did he? :o

He's in a Grand Suite but is too cheap to pay gratuities..:mad:
Totally agree, and was giving such bad advice to suggest opting out of gratuities just because they ate dinner in their cabin. What about their poor stateroom attendant? Where did they eat breakfast?

I honestly didn't see anything strange in this review. I took opting out of the gratuities to mean that you wouldn't pay for a service that you did not receive. I don't think it meant that they didn't tip anyone. I also think that what was meant by the massage comment was that the OP was not happy with their experience, they told the concierge about it and received a complimentary massage in the spa; not by the concierge. Call me Mary Poppins, but it sounds to me like these guys had a great cruise.

Tara:D

Archived