First lunch on board options - Infinity

Literary Lynne

I read on the boards that Cafe al Bacio is a good place to have lunch on board on the first day because the Oceanview cafe gets very crowded.

Can anyone tell me if any of the other dining options are open that day for lunch? Thinking of the Aqua Spa Cafe, Bistro on Five or even the main Trellis dining room.

Lynne

I read on the boards that Cafe al Bacio is a good place to have lunch on board on the first day because the Oceanview cafe gets very crowded.

Can anyone tell me if any of the other dining options are open that day for lunch? Thinking of the Aqua Spa Cafe, Bistro on Five or even the main Trellis dining room.

Lynne

Aqua Spa cage, Bistro are open, MDR is not.

I think that the OP may be confused -- mixing up Cafe al Bacio with Bistro on 5.

Cafe al Bacio won't have a traditional lunch -- there MAY be some small sandwiches in their display case, but most likely there will just be pastries. The food there is free, but you will pay for the drinks.

Bistro on 5 is the lunch venue of choice for many Cruise Critic readers -- where for $5 per person you can have a nice lunch away from the crowds.

I think that the OP may be confused -- mixing up Cafe al Bacio with Bistro on 5.

Cafe al Bacio won't have a traditional lunch -- there MAY be some small sandwiches in their display case, but most likely there will just be pastries. The food there is free, but you will pay for the drinks.

Bistro on 5 is the lunch venue of choice for many Cruise Critic readers -- where for $5 per person you can have a nice lunch away from the crowds.

But if I don't drink anything I can eat free food?

On our recent (April 15) Infinity sailing, we went to Bistro on 5 on embarkation. We were the first customers, were promptly seated, and then proceeded to wait an extremely long time for food. The cooking area was not open; our crepes must have come from the main kitchen. It took about 90 min for our lunch (glass of wine, main crepe and dessert crepe, and the bananas for the Nutella Banana Crepe were not available.

On our last 2 cruises (both Constellation) we ate at Bistro on 5. One occasion was a fairly long wait but the other was quite efficient. Well worth the $5 charge. Relaxing, quiet and good food. We've done the buffet and it's crazy up there!!!

Absolutely!! And the little pastries are wickedly good at Il Bacio (at least on the Solstice class ships. Haven't tried it yet on Infinity):D. ENJOY.

But a email send to me by Celebrity say this: All menu items in Café Al Bacio ranging from coffees, gelatos, pastries and snacks are going to be a la carte pricing.

I don't understand.....

But a email send to me by Celebrity say this: All menu items in Café Al Bacio ranging from coffees, gelatos, pastries and snacks are going to be a la carte pricing.

I don't understand.....

I think if they actually go ahead with a la carte pricing for the pastries, there may be a mutiny onboard! :mad: Think twice Celebrity!

Archived