Great upsell!

cruzboss

We accepted the upsell from category F oceanview to Neptune suite "S" for only $583 total for a quad!.

So exciting, this will be our first cruise to Alaska (Volendam 06/12 sailing).

Do you guys think it was a good decision?

That is a good upsell. Just wondering, have you ever sailed in a Neptune Suite before?

HAL has a way of offering that kind of upsell to people who have never pruchased a suite to get you hooked.

And believe me, hooked you will be.

Have a great cruise!

Nice going on your upsell. We just returned from a similar upgrade on the Zuiderdam. The Neptune suite and the associated perks were great but we took it simply as a one-time special deal. Certainly don't think its worth the high price they normally charge. We'd rather stay with a standard Veranda stateroom and spend the money on excursions, but jmho.

We were also offered the same deal on a very recent voyage on the Volendam. However, we decided to take the lesser $300 upgrade to a Vista suite as there were only two of us. A fantastic bargain either way.

The larger Neptune suite will be nice for four. I am not sure about breakfast in the Pinnacle, though. I checked a couple times on our cruise and nobody was eating breakfast in the Pinnacle. Perhaps they use the Queen's dining room for Neptune passengers on the Volendam.

igraf

We accepted the upsell from category F oceanview to Neptune suite "S" for only $583 total for a quad!.

So exciting, this will be our first cruise to Alaska (Volendam 06/12 sailing).

Do you guys think it was a good decision?

We are on the Oosterdam June 23rd. For a variety of reasons (husband's health issues that created a heck of a bad 6 weeks) we treated ourselves to an SZ guarantee. We've never been higher than the normal balcony before. Yesterday our TA calls and we accepted an upsell to an SA (Neptune Suite) for $99.00 each!!!!!! Happy dance time!

Now - only 7 school days left and 18 days until we cruise! We need this vacation - trust me!

Karen

Perhaps they use the Queen's dining room for Neptune passengers on the Volendam.

igraf

They use the King's dining room on the starboard side....

Great service......no waiting....and a real nice perk.....

cruzboss:

Did you (or your travel agent) call Holland America or did they call you? Did this just happen?

We are sailing on the 19th and would like our T.A. to call to see if we can get a deal but he seems reluctant (not really happy with him anyways - next time will book directly - then we are in charge).

Enjoy your cruise. See you when you get off the Volendam and we get on. Would love to be in the suite line!

That's correct. The Microsoft seminars were in the Queen's room.

I have to question the perk of what amounts to just a special corner in the MDR for breakfast. Same food, same venue. It really should be in the Pinnacle Grill to be special. Our breakfast service in the general MDR was pretty quick as well, and it was easy for us to get a private table for two.

igraf

They use the King's dining room on the starboard side....

Great service......no waiting....and a real nice perk.....

cruzboss:

Did you (or your travel agent) call Holland America or did they call you? Did this just happen?

We are sailing on the 19th and would like our T.A. to call to see if we can get a deal but he seems reluctant (not really happy with him anyways - next time will book directly - then we are in charge).

Enjoy your cruise. See you when you get off the Volendam and we get on. Would love to be in the suite line!

I'm actually a travel agent. Since we are in a quad, we could only get an upgrade to S, because there is no quads in Balconies categories.

Last week I received an upsell notice to balcony but when I called they told me it was an error from them. So they could only offer me the Neptune suites at $649 per person. I decided to wait because as a travel agent, I could see that they had lots of them left and I knew that the price will go down ( that's what i do for a living after alll:)) And today, bingo, it went down to $329 per person!

If you have a great agent, he shouldn't hesitate to call on your behalf, that's additional revenue for him if you choose to upgrade!

I'm actually a travel agent. Since we are in a quad, we could only get an upgrade to S, because there is no quads in Balconies categories.

Last week I received an upsell notice to balcony but when I called they told me it was an error from them. So they could only offer me the Neptune suites at $649 per person. I decided to wait because as a travel agent, I could see that they had lots of them left and I knew that the price will go down ( that's what i do for a living after alll:)) And today, bingo, it went down to $329 per person!

Not to be too picky, but I am a bit confused on your posts. On your first one you said that you paid $583 total for the 4 of you. This post saves $329 per person.

Even for 2 people the second price is $658, for 4, it may or may not be more.

Just wanted to clarify, in case we get an upsell on our cruise.

Yipee!!!!!!!!

Kept checking the HA site and this afternoon noticed that the rate for the lowest balcony went down. So, called the TA and he contacted HA.

We have upgraded from an E outside category to a BC guarantee for $153.00 each. Did lose our $50.00 OBC but that is only $25.00 per person so no big deal.

Thrilled as we already had a good rate for the E. Otherwise, almost the same price. So good prices out there right now!

So excited to be in a balcony again (although really still hoping for the "Suite Life"!) Ha Ha! Just kidding. We are happy with whatever we get. Will report back in case anyone is interested.

Archived