Caffeine-Free Diet Coke - - -

Romy40

Because they don't carry what I want, I bring on a couple 6-packs of Pepsi Next, or Diet Pepsi. As my next cruise is a Calif Coastal I probably will only bring a 6-pack as I'll be able to refill my stash as I go along.

Thanks for this thread , that is a question I have wondered about. My daughter can not have beverages with caffeine in them. Dr.s orders, she had a breast cancer scare ,turned out to be a clump of cysts, and the Dr. at that time said she should avoid caffeine to help avoid more problems like this . So she needs to take her own soda's on board.

Cori

Although not diet, they do have Ginger Ale, which is caffeine free, available from the bar fountain gun (making it part of the soda sticker packages).

They also, at the bar, have Barq's Root Beer in cans (and also not the diet version), which I believe has a very amount of caffeine. I don't believe the fact that Barq's is available is too well know but I have seen it on multiple ships with the last 9 months.

There is also Club Soda available from the bar fountain gun and included in the soda sticker programs.

http://productnutrition.thecoca-colacompany.com/products/barq-s-root-beer

30 grams of sugar in 8 oz.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1661/which-soft-drinks-have-the-most-and-least-caffeine (for 12 oz can)

From the article:

"Of the soft drinks you list, my sources indicate that Jolt Cola does have the most caffeine (71.2 milligrams per 12 oz. can). It's followed by Mountain Dew (55 mg, but apparently no caffeine in Canada), then Coca-Cola (45.6 mg), then Pepsi (37.2 mg), then Barq's (at 22.5 mg)."

Thanks, MillieMom! I wasn't aware that Barq's was more than half the caffeine of regular Coke (45.6mg for Coke to 22.5mg for Barq's). I knew it was less but not knew by that much. I was trying to say in my post it had a smaller amount of caffeine.

Too bad Princess doesn't have Diet Barq's as that I knew that is caffeine free.

Thanks, MillieMom! I wasn't aware that Barq's was more than half the caffeine of regular Coke (45.6mg for Coke to 22.5mg for Barq's). I knew it was less but not knew by that much. I was trying to say in my post it had a smaller amount of caffeine.

Too bad Princess doesn't have Diet Barq's as that I knew that is caffeine free.

If someone needs to be caffeine free (med issues), even the lower amt won't be good. I am really surprised that the cruise lines don't have Diet caffeine pop.

On RCCL Mariner of the Seas, my husband could only find 1 bar on the whole ship that carried it and that ran out part way through the cruise.

I really do wish more places would offer caffeine free diet Coke or Pepsi. Even going out to dinner at home it's almost impossible to find!

If I bring my own supply on a cruise, I hardly think it would be appropriate to bring it with me to the dining room, so I'd still be stuck with water there. I do drink my fair share of water during the day, but alcohol is not an option for me for medical reasons and neither are sugary drinks.

I would love the option to have a drink that tastes good to me with my dinner and not still be awake at 3:30 AM like I am right now. Yes, we did eat dinner out and yes I drank soda with caffeine. Will I ever learn? :confused:

Archived