Booking next cruise while on cruise (yes, I'm that addicted, hehe)?

Avril

I'm going on a B2B on Imagination in the fall and am planning a cruise with friends on the Splendor for next fall. :D I was wondering, if I book onboard (while on Imagination), are there any incentives (discount of some kind, OBC, etc) for doing so? Just wondering if I should go ahead and book while onboard (just my deposit) or if I should wait awhile and see if the price drops.

Thanks!!!! :D

I'm going on a B2B on Imagination in the fall and am planning a cruise with friends on the Splendor for next fall. :D I was wondering, if I book onboard (while on Imagination), are there any incentives (discount of some kind, OBC, etc) for doing so? Just wondering if I should go ahead and book while onboard (just my deposit) or if I should wait awhile and see if the price drops.

Thanks!!!! :D

You may also get a reduced deposit. Make sure you check that for sure, however. I got the reduced deposit, BUT the remainder had to be paid within a period of time. I almost missed that!

If you book your cruise onboard you do get OBC. Though I can't remember the exact amount at the moment.

You may also get a reduced deposit. Make sure you check that for sure, however. I got the reduced deposit, BUT the remainder had to be paid within a period of time. I almost missed that!

Thanks, both of you!! :D Looks like booking onboard isn't a bad idea. I've never done it before so am not entirely sure of the rules and/or potential benefits.

Does anyone know how much OBC (it's an 8 day cruise, in a balcony with 2 people in it)? Just curious!!!! :D

I hate to tell you this, but I don't think the Immagination has a future cruise desk on board and if, not you can't book on the ship.

Supposedly the Sensation and Paradise are the same.

We were on the Valor out of San Juan in April and planned to book 2 cabins on the Dream for Nov. They did not have a future cruise desk, so we could not book. I thought I had read that if you contacted Carnival pretty quickly after your cruise you could book and get the credit. I tried, but the answer is "NO".

Sorry......

Does anyone know which rate code they use for booking on board? Are you able to change your rate after you leave the ship, say if carnival runs a really good sale down the road? If you change the rate code, do you still keep the OBC?

I hate to tell you this, but I don't think the Immagination has a future cruise desk on board and if, not you can't book on the ship.

We were on the Valor out of San Juan in April and planned to book 2 cabins on the Dream for Nov. They did not have a future cruise desk, so we could not book. I thought I had read that if you contacted Carnival pretty quickly after your cruise you could book and get the credit. I tried, but the answer is "NO".

Sorry......

You are correct. I just checked and it is not available on the Imagination.

Thanks, both of you!! :D Looks like booking onboard isn't a bad idea. I've never done it before so am not entirely sure of the rules and/or potential benefits.

Does anyone know how much OBC (it's an 8 day cruise, in a balcony with 2 people in it)? Just curious!!!! :D

For an 8 day cruise it is $100 per stateroom.

Does anyone know which rate code they use for booking on board? Are you able to change your rate after you leave the ship, say if carnival runs a really good sale down the road? If you change the rate code, do you still keep the OBC?

I would say you book whatever rate code that is available that you want and are eligible for....past guest, military, early saver, etc. If you book say early saver and then see past guest or whatever you are eligible for you can get that rate, but you will always be early saver. You would still keep the OBC for booking on board.

We have booked on board several times since they have done away with the FCC.

Be sure you go to the internet station and check the prices before you go to book, you can check Carnival.com for free on board. I have heard on here that sometimes they will try to make you pay more than what is advertised on the website. We have never had a problem with being overcharged.

Also go early in the cruise because it gets busier the last few days.

Hope this helps.

Sorry......

You are correct. I just checked and it is not available on the Imagination.

Ah, oh well, it was just a thought. No biggie, it's all good!!!! :D

I would say you book whatever rate code that is available that you want and are eligible for....past guest, military, early saver, etc. If you book say early saver and then see past guest or whatever you are eligible for you can get that rate, but you will always be early saver. You would still keep the OBC for booking on board.

We have booked on board several times since they have done away with the FCC.

Be sure you go to the internet station and check the prices before you go to book, you can check Carnival.com for free on board. I have heard on here that sometimes they will try to make you pay more than what is advertised on the website. We have never had a problem with being overcharged.

Also go early in the cruise because it gets busier the last few days.

Hope this helps.

I have only seen golfandi post that he had problems with this booking onboard. He usually posts it every time he sees the subject come up, so maybe it seems like it happens more than it actually does.

Some reps onboard are better than others. Of course its always good to check and know what the prices are yourself before you go to book and commit money.

You can book onboard the same rates you can from home.. whatever promos are going you could book them onboard or whatever rate it is you want. Some book a refundable rate so they can come home and change it to something else they might rather have and are not certain at the time they book onboard.

While on the Freedom last year we booked another cruise for this summer. We received OBC and reduced deposit. But, later when I put in an Early Saver form for a price drop, I lost that 1/2 deposit perk since it was equivalent to a new booking. I got the Early Saver price drop, but had to make a payment for the rest of the depost since at the time, that was all that we had paid to the cruise.

Sorry......

The Paradise does have one...we booked our September cruise while on her in April. OBC depends on how long the cruise being booked is..we got $100 OBS since September is an 8 nighter.

There is something you need to be aware of about booking on board. The booking engine they use evidently is different from what you see on carnival.com. When I booked a cruise on the Legend, I wanted an aft balcony on deck 4, but the guy claimed none were available. I checked on carnival.com and verified that all were available. He had to contact Carnival to get the cabin changed.

Archived