Hiroshima question

patnlcc

Don't recall a lot of taxis waiting by the terminal but easy to get to on the streetcar. 10 to 15 minutes walk to the west of the pier to Kaigan-dori stop. You will need local money to pay when you exit.

Is it possible to get to the Peace Park under our own steam from the ship or should we take a ship's tour? Are taxis readily available?

Take the local bus. Unfortunately can't remember the bus number, but I do know it was ridiculously cheap and an English speaking local told us when to get off. The Atomic Bomb Museum is next door to the Park and is well worth the visit. Doing it on your own will give you more time to take it all in and be aware that there are some upsetting images which should still be viewed.

Take the local bus. Unfortunately can't remember the bus number, but I do know it was ridiculously cheap and an English speaking local told us when to get off. The Atomic Bomb Museum is next door to the Park and is well worth the visit. Doing it on your own will give you more time to take it all in and be aware that there are some upsetting images which should still be viewed.

APOLOGIES

Managed to mix up Hiroshima with Nagasaki, which is what I was referring to :o

Archived