Can you verify OBC/Prepaid Gratuities before you board

Hi All

Silly question time.

I have an upcoming Royal Caribbean cruise booked with a TA (new to me).

Part of the package was prepaid gratuities and OBC.

Can I verify they are in place before embarkation?

Thanks

Annie

Hi All

Silly question time.

I have an upcoming Royal Caribbean cruise booked with a TA (new to me).

Part of the package was prepaid gratuities and OBC.

Can I verify they are in place before embarkation?

Thanks

Annie

You cannot confirm the TA's OBC, however you should be able to confirm the gratuities. Ask the TA to send you Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. That should show a line item for gratuities.

The TA's OBC is between you and the TA and won't show on any Royal document or web page.

It will appear on your account on day two. For example, if you sail on a Sunday, it will show up on Monday....Data is transmitted from each ship and recieved the night of a sailing. It will be there....Simply ask your TA for a copy of the information, to give you peace of mind, prior to sailing.

So, I understand that a TA's offered OBC will not show on the booking paperwork before cruise, so you wait for it to show up on your account after a day or two on the ship? I guess if it never shows up, a call to the TA will hopefully rectify but we are using a new TA, so fingers crossed as we are getting $300 and I already have it spent! LOL

So, I understand that a TA's offered OBC will not show on the booking paperwork before cruise, so you wait for it to show up on your account after a day or two on the ship? I guess if it never shows up, a call to the TA will hopefully rectify but we are using a new TA, so fingers crossed as we are getting $300 and I already have it spent! LOL

Yes, that's correct. Royal really can't be much help with an issue that's between you and your TA.

...so you wait for it to show up on your account after a day or two on the ship?

Yes, I can confirm that's how it works. Your shipboard account should be accessible from your stateroom TV so just log in and watch for the OBC to appear, usually Day 2 as stated.

Have fun! :)

I always have a card in my cabin upon embarkation stating the amount of TA OBC and the TA's name and agency listed. It has always been on my account from day one. But of course, I also always take my TA's verification with me, just in case.

Our TA always puts any OBC and/or other perks right on our invoice. If any problem once on board, we just bring the invoice to passenger relations and it gets taken care of.

Thanks everybody.

I do have the TA invoice detailing OBC and prepaid gratuities. I will take that with me.

Annie

Archived