Cruise Air booked transfers to and from ship

Song and a Dance

I know it's not the popular thing to do as people feel it's a huge waste of money - but we booked transfers to and from the ship through Cruise Air when we booked our airfare just so I could have the peace of mind of knowing I had reliable transpo I wouldn't have look for or navigate on my own in Italy.

Does anyone have any info on how disembarkation day works when you have an RCI transfer to the airport? Do you have to do the crack of dawn early walk off with your own luggage? Are there multiple times the bus leaves or is everyone on one bus early in the morning?

I just printed my cruise documents and it includes my transfer vouchers and info on where to meet the bus to get TO the ship, but no info on disembarkation day and getting off the ship and heading to the airport. Called RCI...told that since it was booked thru cruise air they don't really have that info. On hold forever with both RCI and Cruise Air. Finally gave up and came here...

There are times when ship sponsored transfers make a lot of sense. Last summer I was meeting a friend in Bayonne NJ for a cruise. We were coming from two different countries and meeting up in the ship terminal. She drove, I flew. I'd booked my own flight but needed to get from Newark airport to the pier and back at the end of the cruise. After a lot of research I discovered that the ship had the best transfer option for me and as it turned out, the least expensive.

I am not an American, so disembarking with my own luggage wasn't an option for me. I filled out the ship's form letting them know my flight time in advance, so I got a fairly early ship departure time and departed the ship in the same manner as usual. My luggage was placed outside the night before and I retrieved it in the terminal. Then I took it to the bus waiting to transfer me back to the airport. No hassles, no fuss.

I know it's not the popular thing to do as people feel it's a huge waste of money - but we booked transfers to and from the ship through Cruise Air when we booked our airfare just so I could have the peace of mind of knowing I had reliable transpo I wouldn't have look for or navigate on my own in Italy.

Does anyone have any info on how disembarkation day works when you have an RCI transfer to the airport? Do you have to do the crack of dawn early walk off with your own luggage? Are there multiple times the bus leaves or is everyone on one bus early in the morning?

I just printed my cruise documents and it includes my transfer vouchers and info on where to meet the bus to get TO the ship, but no info on disembarkation day and getting off the ship and heading to the airport. Called RCI...told that since it was booked thru cruise air they don't really have that info. On hold forever with both RCI and Cruise Air. Finally gave up and came here...

Multiple times for leaving the ship (depending on flight time), multiple buses. You'll get specific instructions a few days before disembarkation about leaving your checked baggage outside your door on the last night (no need to schlep your own bags) and how to identify them later.

It's all very easy and all cruise lines have practiced this process to make it as efficient as possible. Be patient and expect that all will be explained to you prior to disembarking.

I think in many instances getting the cruise line transfer is a good deal. It may not be the cheapest but it is definitely easy. You don't have to worry about what time to get off the ship to get to the airport by a certain time. The cruise line has it all worked out. You will get the information and the correct luggage tags on the ship (a couple of days before disembarkation).

Have a great cruise!

I think in many instances getting the cruise line transfer is a good deal. It may not be the cheapest but it is definitely easy. You don't have to worry about what time to get off the ship to get to the airport by a certain time. The cruise line has it all worked out. You will get the information and the correct luggage tags on the ship (a couple of days before disembarkation).

Perhaps I'm an exception, but even when I have not bought cruiseline transfers, they have taken my flight info, given me a debark time that worked out with plenty of cushion, and I've gotten the "correct" luggage tags.

So I think you give the cruiseline transfer a benefit that comes to everyone who indicated flight info to the ship.

Just booked for March. When I go to the Choice Air link and fill in the information nothing happens. It just goes to a blank screen-What am I doing wrong

Website is probably just acting up. Try it again later and if it continues give Choice Air a call.

Archived