Live from Silver Cloud: Northern Europe – Voyage 1318; Jun 9-16, 2013

Stumblefoot

Stumblefoot,

Thanks SO much for the fabulous report and photos!!

Wish you would share some of of your Switzerland pix as well!!

Thanks

My pleasure! We heard they have mountains in Switzerland, but the weather was pretty atrocious all week (think Alaska, except colder and rainier), so unfortunately our Swiss photos are pretty pathetic. I look on the bright side though as this means a return trip must be in order someday!

A lovely travelogue, thankyou so much for sharing.
You're very welcome. Glad you enjoyed it.

Bravo Stumblefoot, wonderful pix & posts. Also, thanks for checking on the supplies, very glad y'all had a terrific cloud journey. Did you book another SS cruise while on board?
Thanks Colonel Wes. We did book a 2014 summer voyage (Athens to Venice) while onboard. It'll be our first voyage on the Silver Spirit. We also put a floating deposit down for 2015, so that we can react quickly when the schedule is released this fall.

Thanx so much. I really enjoyed your enthusiasm, your descriptions and your pictures. Enjoy Switzerland.
Truly my pleasure duct tape. It's so nice to add to the enjoyment of others who have provided so much insight to me here at Cruise Critic.

Nice report. We can't wait to embark on 7/17.
Lucky you! I love that pre-embarkation feeling too.

Did your daughter share the cabin with you and how did that work out? How old is she and did she find herself bored? Were there other kids her age?
Yes, our daughter shared our Vista cabin (#409) with us. It worked out wonderfully. The sleeper sofa is very large (I even slept on it a couple of nights while doing a bit of reporting late into the evening) and very comfortable.

Taylor is 14 and loves cruising on Silversea. In fact, our 2014 voyage was her reward for earning straight A's throughout her 6th - 8th grade middle school years. She chose the itinerary and her mother and I couldn't be more pleased. And, yes, I'm an overly proud papa of my only child if you couldn't tell. ;o)

She's sitting beside me here at Heathrow on our way back to the U.S. and I asked her if she ever felt bored. The quick answer without hesitation was "no". For context she added, that we were always on the go in every port, either touring with a Guide, or exploring on our own. And, when we had sea days, we played cards, watched a movie, or took a much needed nap. Haha!!! I guess even teenagers like the occasional nap.

Finally, the only other children we saw were four who were much younger than her and one other that I'd estimate to be 17 or 18 years old. ALL children were well behaved and supervised by their parents.

Hope this reply helped!

Duct Tape, Wellseasoned told me today that Captain Luigi Rutigliano will now be replacing Capt. Sangiacomo on July 17th. Once we board the Cloud that day, do hope we are able to at least say hello to Marco Sangiacomo prior to the transition w/Rutigiliano.

Archived