beer prices

xrayjng

Strongbow is 5.00, so it qualifies under the Classic package. Some ships also have Woodchuck Amber and Woodchuck Pear Cider, which I believe is 8.00 and is available at the Michaels Clubs on the Silhouette and the Reflection. Not 100% sure if any are available at the Micheals Club on the Summit.

Just to let you know when we were on the Summitt in April the woodchuck was available in the Michaels club. Also as I was the only person drinking it the very kind beverage manager from Eastern europe let me have it as part of my classic package. Great guy and so pleased I met him on embarkation day. I was having 4/5 every night.

We have the classic package again as part of the promo on the Equinox in September and it is always fine for us.

G

My favorite beer ??.....is......

The fifth one......it makes me irrestible handsome and easy :D:D

For it is the opposite. I need to drink more for some women to be more appealing.

If you did not know your age how old would you be?

Just to let you know when we were on the Summitt in April the woodchuck was available in the Michaels club.

G

Sweet! I'm a wine and cider girl so its cool that I have the pear cider to look forward to when I need a break from wines!

You and your hubby need to try a Black Velvet....it's 1/2 Strongbow, with 1/2 Guinness floated on top. You can get one since Guinness qualifies under the premium package.

I would rather have the real stuff, Black Velvet straight from the bottle.

If you did not know your age how old would you be?

Decent $5 IMHO--Dos Equis, Corona, Heineken, Red Stripe and Becks.

But if you're after The micro brews or Duvel or Dogshead, etc. you have to go premium--Also lets you go to the Molecular Bar.

Is the Duvel a normal bottle or one of the 750mL for that price? I see Guinness is $6 and so I might have to upgrade to premium.

Is the Duvel a normal bottle or one of the 750mL for that price? I see Guinness is $6 and so I might have to upgrade to premium.

It's the normal sized bottle - and a very good beer! I am happy to see the cost falls right into the "premium package range!"

In the price of the beer according to the bill you sign it says the tip is included, but what bothered me was the bill was always asking for additional tip money, isn't 15% enough???

Edited by boards

In the price of the beer according to the bill you sign it says the tip is included, but what bothered me was the bill was always asking for additional tip money, isn't 15% enough???

Yes the line is there but you don't need to feel obligated at all.

The only time we ever give extra is when we have a bar waiter who goes all out to give us extra service. Typically this happens as the cruise progresses and a waiter at a bar we frequent starts to recognize us as "regulars" and provides special service anticipating our needs, maybe even saving our favorite seats.

But you shouldn't be intimidated by the line which is automatically printed. Even in my example above you do not need to give extra if you don't feel the desire to as the automatic charge satisfies the basic gratuity obligation.

Edited by Lsimon

Yes, but you (I) felt embarassed if you do not add something and finally towards the end of the cruise was adding something. It did not add up to alot, but I didn't like it the pressure Celebrity puts on you when they do that. I have nothing but high praise for the service they us, I would have tipped extra without the prompting.

Edited by boards

Yes, but you (I) felt embarassed if you do not add something and finally towards the end of the cruise was adding something. It did not add up to alot, but I didn't like it the pressure Celebrity puts on you when they do that. I have nothing but high praise for the service they us, I would have tipped extra without the prompting.

We used the same bar for most of our cruise, we didn't tip extra for any drinks but we did go and see the bar staff on our last night and give them some extra. They had been superb, we also filled in a comment card.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As a beer drinking and having now sail three times using the package a couple of things.

First not all beers on the ship are available all the time. Most of the better beer (im trying to break my beer snobbery) is not available until after dark.

some day it may roll out all over a cruise ship...

I had the original beer package when it first rolled out. It include all beer up to $8 a bottle

I also thought that last year the classic included beer up to $8 but since I had the premium I can not tell you that for sure/

The majority of the beer is in bottle are usually 10 or 12 ounce bottles some 16 ounces cans. the bombers (750 ML) are usually priced about $20

I can tell you this if you like drinking beer and you are enrolled in the classic and are thinking of upgrading it is well worth the price Your choice and selection are much larger.....

Just to be able to sit outside all day long and drink dogfish 90 ( which on the reflection was available all day long)

is almost priceless

Having just found this thread:

How can they describe Fullers London Pride as 'brown porter'?

It is a classic bitter beer - porter is a totally different animal!

Do they put a 'health warning' on Duvel? - that stuff is (very nice) headache juice!

The page-1 pix showed beer bucket at 'buy 4, 1 free'. I understand, as solo beer drinker, that its allowed to buy a bucket, drink 2-3 and return next day to swap out #4-5 for chilled. THAT 'FREE' BEER TASTES THE BEST. ;) Is that general policy, wink/nod policy with tip or what? Or are they required to pop 5 caps on purchase?

Talked with Captains Club and they told me they don't see a date for the Eclipse converting Michael's to the microbrew situation.:o:cool:

Just a small point, the offerings in Michaels are for the most part NOT microbrewery beers. I wish they were!

"X" lumps these beers under the "Craft" banner, when in reality many of them are mainstream beers in their own country and available in pubs and liquor stores everywhere.

Also my own experience has been that the most unusual (and expensive) beers are often not available due to selling out, with little hope of replenishment until the ships return to the US.

The idea of a craft beer bar was brilliant, but like so many things the execution of that idea has been poor.

Having just found this thread:

How can they describe Fullers London Pride as 'brown porter'?

It is a classic bitter beer - porter is a totally different animal!

Exactly; in the same vein how does Newcastle Brown qualify as a "Craft" beer.:o

Exactly; in the same vein how does Newcastle Brown qualify as a "Craft" beer.:o

I was not going to go there (North-South beer divide and all that!);)

I did see Speckled Hen on one of the lists so it is not all bad.

What chance of them stocking Traquir House or Belhavens?

To the member who posted those beer & wine prices - THANK YOU, I now have an idea of what types of wines & beers are on offer, and what to budget for. My wife & I like New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc or a Pinot Grigio.

I like lagers, but prefer IPA or Pale Ale. In Australia we have a very nice Pale Ale called, Coopers. If you buy a stubbie Coopers Pale Ale, you must lay the stubbie bottle on its side, & roll it, to mix the sediment in the beer.

Thank you once again, well done!

In Australia we have a very nice Pale Ale called, Coopers. If you buy a stubbie Coopers Pale Ale, you must lay the stubbie bottle on its side, & roll it, to mix the sediment in the beer.

Thank you once again, well done!

Or if your from the Uk, pour very gently into an oversize glass in one continuous pour, leaving the sediment in the bottle and a lovely clear beer in the glass!!:D

Assuming Michael's has a "good" selection, is it possible to wander in, get a bottle with cap intact, and return to cabin with it? May one repeat as necessary to stockpile for future days?

Here's a PDF with a menu. Looks like the pricing on that one is a standard sized bottle.

Branching out from beer for a moment, I see this PDF lists scotch and whisky but not the typical Jameson. Does anyone know how much it costs on board, and if it can be ordered in Michaels even if it isn't on that particular menu?

What chance of them stocking Traquir House or Belhavens?

According to the PDF file that was previously attached, the 500 ML bottle of Belhaven is available for 11.00 and thus would qualify under the Premium package. This is, of course, if it's in stock and available for consumption. ;)