Deck 2 of Jewel of the seas

If you have an OV cabin I believe they have portholes on deck #2 rather than the larger windows if that makes any difference. If booking an inside it probably won't matter on which deck you are..Enjoy your cruise...JOS is a favorite .

As Ashland said, inside, I don't think you'll notice any difference. I typically book OV cabins and therefore pay the small up-charge to be on deck 2 when cruising on Radiance Class ships. I prefer the larger window. If not for the window, I'd cruise on Deck 2, which is my typically deck on other classes of ships. I prefer the lower decks for the quiet and cost savings! No matter what deck you're on, you'll always be far from SOMETHING!

Generally the crew areas are at the rear anyway. Never had a problem with the inside rooms. Only two things I found noticeable were you can feel the movement of the ship more and you can hear when they drop the anchor.

Generally the crew areas are at the rear anyway. Never had a problem with the inside rooms. Only two things I found noticeable were you can feel the movement of the ship more and you can hear when they drop the anchor.

can you feel the movement from being on deck to or being inside cabin? and does being midship location help with feeling the movement? I ask because the GF get motion sickness

On Radiance class ships, Deck 2 is the equivalent of Deck 1 on other ships in the fleet.

Yes - a lot of crew live on this deck, namely the 3 stripe and down officers (hotel managers - CD/Housekeepers/guest services etc), entertainers, cruise division, spa & salon and marine staff under 3 stripes. The cabins run from under the dining room to the very front of the ship (note the tiniest portholes on the outside)

The way those guest cabins on 2 are situated - you won't hear crew traffic except for the first and last (as days you get off and on) as they abut the I-95 or main walkway, and it's the luggage cart traffic and folklifts that make the noise on that corridor. I think St Thomas and/or St Maarten will be 'loading days' for provisions, and the I-95 is 'noisy busy' during the day only.

This part of the ship will have the least movement. These cabins are close to the elevators and the best part - really close to the gangway to get on and off the ship in ports.

Actually, since the heavy machinery and stores are near the bottom of the ship, the lower decks are nearer the center of gravity and therefore should move less than the upper decks. The passenger cabins on deck two on Jewel are fairly centrally located so I would expect them to be among the best for motion issues. They are also far enough aft I wouldn't expect the anchor to be an issue. Even if it is, the anchor takes a few seconds to deploy. We had a room right by the anchor on Monarch once and we heard it drop. But it was only on tender days and only a few seconds ---not a big deal. Being close to dock level, however, I can imagine there might be some noise during docking procedures, especially if they are docking with the pier to the side of the ship where the passenger cabins are [starboard I believe]. We have not been on 2, but we were in an OV on 3 on Jewel and I do not recall noise being an issue during docking.

We've been in an inside room on Jewel, deck 2. There were no motion issues. And the crew area is on the other end of the ship, so there was no traffic or noise. Only caution was that there was some times a wait for an elevator.

Archived