We a r e booked!

ediemarie

ok we've done it now! booked on the Summit in august to Bermuda!

went with aqua class - still deciding on a bev package, yesterday I said no, today i'm thinking premium!

hoping I might find some information on excursions in Bermuda. looked at what Celebrity has to offer and really not much there.

i'm wondering if anyone had any experience with a snorkel excursion. we are hoping to find something that offers a limited # of passengers. some of the photos posted here look amazingly crowded. we're also interested in something with an open bar with unlimited beer, rum drinks etc. don't get me wrong, not looking for a booze cruise. just that most of the excursions I've looked at offer 1 rum swizzle (I've been hearing about these but still don't know what one is) and then a cash bar available. would rather not bring much cash.

have read a number of reviews on how wonderful Blu is, really looking forward to trying that. I hear breakfast is fabulous. Can't remember the name, begins with an N, specialty restaurant. i do remember that I've read a couple of different reviews that the cheese course is worth the price of admission! our first cruise was on the infinity and i believe the specialty rest. was called the USS America? regardless the cheese course was worth the price of admission.

if anyone has any thoughts on excursions booked outside of celebrity or any thoughts on don't miss or don't do's i would love to hear from you. any summit secrets would also be greatly appreciated.

pretty much anything to get me through the next 60 or so days FEEL FREE!:)

Isn't it a great feeling to actually make the booking? Have you looked at the Bermuda port-of-call forum? There are lots of good ideas. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

Have a wonderful cruise!

:D yes it is :D it all started with reading gambee's review of the breakaway. it took about a week to talk ourselves into it and now we can't wait.

thanks for the link i'll see what i can find.

regarding the premium upgrade: pretty good chance we will end up waiting. trying to figure out what package offers what is a little mind boggling! a tremendous amount of information on this board.

Which week in August are you sailing? I am on 8/4...we have

a slow roll call...if you are on the same cruise please come say hello:)

The Specialty Restaurant is NORMANDIE:) I love it in there.

Isn't it a great feeling to actually make the booking? Have you looked at the Bermuda port-of-call forum? There are lots of good ideas. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

Have a wonderful cruise!

:D yes it is :D it all started with reading gambee's review of the breakaway. it took about a week to talk ourselves into it and now we can't wait.

thanks for the link i'll see what i can find.

regarding the premium upgrade: pretty good chance we will end up waiting. trying to figure out what package offers what is a little mind boggling! a tremendous amount of information on this board.

Classic package: beer 5 and under, all other drinks 8 and under. Any drink above the $ limit you pay the full cost.

Premium package (11.50 to upgrade): you get any drink 12 and under. Any drink over 12, you just pay the DIFFERENCE (ie if a drink is 15, you only pay 3, not the full 15). Not much will be over 12 (some premium wines and premium scotches, etc will be, but there is a very good selection of everything at the 12 and under mark.

Specialty martinis at the martni bar and molecular drinks at the molecular bar (and some frozen drinks, better wines, etc) will all be over 8. So if you intend to buy just one of these a day, it is worth it to upgrade. Hopefully that made sense. There are lots of bev package threads to read up on to better inform yourself of the differences.

hate to post what dates i'll be out of town. paranoid on my part but better safe than sorry! we aren't sailing on the 4th though :rolleyes:

we've never taken part in a roll call. I might have to check into that. several of the reviews I've read make mention of them and it does sound fun.

hate to post what dates i'll be out of town. paranoid on my part but better safe than sorry! we aren't sailing on the 4th though :rolleyes:

we've never taken part in a roll call. I might have to check into that. several of the reviews I've read make mention of them and it does sound fun.

Looking at or joining in on your roll call is often fun getting to know people you will be sailing with. It often is beneficial in that some other passengers have often been to the ports and have such knowledge and info to share. Also, often someone has booked an excursion which might interest you!

Roll call located on side panel - find ship and date

Enjoy!

thanks for the explanation about the drink pkgs. I think I read (somewhere!) that there is a smaller size of martini that you can order that will fall under the $8 limit?

I think my partner went ahead and joined the roll call for our sailing, august 18th. there, i'll be out of town...... but I have a really mean house sitter!

breakfast can be really really good in my book. personally my favorite meal of the day!

I swear planning is almost - almost, as fun as the cruise!

Archived