Just snagged aft cabin 767!!!

ALB0711

I'm a lover of aft cabins, and had given up on getting one for next week's Tahiti and Cook Isalands cruise. TA just called and some unlucky sole had to cancel at the last minute and I was able to grab their cabin and upgrade to the best aft cabin on the ship.

Leaving in the morning - Tahiti here we come!

Aft is the back of ths ship. Check out the deck plans on the PG website. 767 is the middle of the back on deck 7. It has the biggest balcony of all the standard balcony cabins. Great views of where you've been.

Some people like us love aft, others don't like it as the ride can be a little rougher.

Are you the one that had to cancel at the last minute? If so I'm very sorry.

We had to cancel, but not last minute. We touched base on the roll call way back. We had booked this sailing but daughter had to go to Canada with her friends so we rebooked for August some time ago.

She left last night so we have to wait another 2 months 3 days.

Have a great trip though.

• 3 weeks later...

Cabin 767 was fantastic - but it was indeed rough on sea days going to and from the Cook Islands. We had 10 ft seas and felt it.

We also had some noise issues the last few nights from the disco above. After assuming that lots of people were dancing on our heads at midnight, I finally got up and went upstairs to see what was going on. Not a single person was dancing, in fact there were probably no more then 5 people having drinks. I peaked in the DJ booth and found 3 young crew members manning the controls and cranking up the volume. When I told them I could hear their music in my cabin below, they turned it down and we had no more problems.

While we loved the views and private large balcony, we will go for mid-ship next time. DW really struggled even with her patch on while we were cruising on sea days.

Archived